SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-23, 02:00 PM   #1
izzy1960
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default AI Version of USS Montana

I am requesting if there was/is an AI version of the USS Montana I can download?
I do not wany a playable one unless someone can help me convert a playable version into an AI version.

Off Thread topic a bit... anyone know if there an AI version of the CVs USS Langley or HMS Hermes?
Old 03-27-23, 02:09 PM   #2
kongovsfuso142
Torpedoman

Downloads: 863
Uploads: 0
Icon14 Hey There.

Hello Maybe Epiic SoNiickzZ can help I seen An A.I Montana in his video just to let you know.

Kongo.
Old 03-27-23, 04:55 PM   #3
izzy1960
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Thank you

kongovsfuso142. Thank you for the reply. But I am uncertain if I was able to get off a message to that person. I have been with Subsim a long time but still have troubles with threads and searches. I appreciate your help.
Old 03-27-23, 05:24 PM   #4
kongovsfuso142
Torpedoman

Default He's Not On Subsim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy1960 View Post
kongovsfuso142. Thank you for the reply. But I am uncertain if I was able to get off a message to that person. I have been with Subsim a long time but still have troubles with threads and searches. I appreciate your help.
Hello There He's A Silent Hunter YouTuber Im Sure If You Are On YouTube He Will Help.

Kongo.
Old 03-27-23, 05:32 PM   #5
kongovsfuso142
Torpedoman

Default Update....

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy1960 View Post
I asked Epiic this is from him.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2c3u2...-_SH4.rar/file

He Said Enjoy & God Bless.
Old 03-27-23, 06:27 PM   #6
izzy1960
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Oh My ... Thank you so Much. The link took me right to the file , downloaded and it appears exactly what I am looking for. Thank you again for the assistance.
Old 03-27-23, 07:10 PM   #7
izzy1960
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey Kongo... Well, thank you anyway. I loaded the files into the game and the game crashes. I remove the files from the game and it loads up fine. So, Something is not right... I looked at the files and compared it to another battleship. Two of the lines were missing info so I looked into the Montana folder and wrote in those file names but still did not work. Well, it was a thought. Thank you again.

I worked out several different ideas but always SH4 crashed. As soon as I remove the Montana files SH4 launches fine. I just don't know enough. But thank you all the same.

Last edited by izzy1960; 03-27-23 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-28-23, 12:23 AM   #8
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Try removing the plane squadrons in the .cfg file, or change them to planes you have in the game.
Old 03-28-23, 02:46 PM   #9
izzy1960
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hello JapLance.... Thank you for the suggestion. I feel like an idiot in that I stared at the file and just did not see the Kingfisher plane (LBS_OS-U2). I actually added into my SH$ the Kingfischer plane, then I downloaded from the link to get a fresh download of the USS Montana, loaded it into SH4 and then launched SH4. It launched and I was able to get into the museum. However, the turrets did not show up on the Montana. It was empty platforms on the ship (But the ship did display). I went into the roster BBMontana file and below is what was in the file for texture:

[Texture 1]
TextureName=data/Sea/NBB_Montana/NBB_Montana_T01.tga
LightmapTextureName=
NormalmapTextureName=
StartDate=19000101
EndDate=19991231
Frequency=1

Before these changes I tried to add in as shown below and that's when SH4 crashed.
LightmapTextureName=NBB_Montana_O01.tga
NormalmapTextureName=NBB_Montana_N01.tga

But right now the ship is showing up, no crashes. I figure the "O01" and "N01" files are not good and maybe that's why the original download is as shown Under [Texture 1]
Thank you everyone for all the help. At least this is something.
To note if anyone looks at this... Need to update the 2 cfg files The Ship Type is 20 not 19.
I might try and download the playable Montana and try using those files and see it that works.
Old 03-28-23, 03:08 PM   #10
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

For the game to use the O01 and N01 textures the 3D model needs to have different channels. In this case it's not used and only T01 is working.

With regard of the guns, it's not using the stock guns. You need the library with the guns specified in the .eqp file, or edit it to call for the stock guns.
Old 03-28-23, 03:46 PM   #11
izzy1960
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you for the help. That saved me a trial run. The download did not come with the Library Folder and I can not edit the .eqp file. So, at least the ship is in and I can only go as far as I did. I did try using gun files from a playable Montana download hoping I might be lucky, but nope. Oh well... I will load other stuff.

Again Thank you Japlance, I was able to llok up some library guns, ended up copying over all of them. Not sure which worked but one of those sets did. So all is good.
I definitely owe you a beer or two .

Last edited by izzy1960; 03-28-23 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-28-23, 06:39 PM   #12
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The cfg, eqp and sns files are all three text-based, and can be opened and edited with either MS Notepad, or Notepad++. The closest guns in regular SH4 will be the USS Iowa guns "16in_Iowa_turret_US". So open the eqp file in the Montana folder, and look for the lines with "NodeName=M01" (02, 03 & 04) and the next line of "LinkName=WhateverMontanaGun" (WhateverMontanaGun representing the gun used). Replace the gun used on the Montana with "LinkName=16in_Iowa_turret_US", and it will then look for the gun used on the Iowa in your install. The turret skin may not match the Montana exactly, but you'll have main guns. Then you can look for more appropriate ones later.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 07:29 PM   #13
izzy1960
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you Propbeanie... I learned a lot from that. As it is though, I was able to find the missing files and it's all good. But I learned quite a bit concerning opening files and looking at them. This is good info to know. Thanks again