SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-19, 10:47 AM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default [REL] Stockgame almost fixed - a modlist

For those players interested to play the stockgame but with most malfunctions resolved, those who like to have almost all features of TWoS, but are not willing to deal with the all-realistic setup and difficulty of TWoS, here is a modlist you can use. It makes the stock game work as intended but with many more useful features.

I'm still working to improve this modlist, but obviously it will not resolve all possible bugs present in the stock game. Some mods called 'adjusted' or comming from TWoS are not downloadable - not yet, but they will soon after I see that all is stable and not conficting - , and I explain what they do below in the notes.

Installation:
--------------

Before installing this modlist in the exact order as shown below, the stock game must be installed with German Voices (you will have English text), and patched to v.1.2.0. Then, the TDW Generic Patcher v.168 must be applied.

Also before running the TDW Generic Patcher, you must have these 'purified' files that you always keep as backup and replace them in your v.1.2.0 game installation.

CameraManager.act
EnvSim.act
kernel.dll
sh5.exe
SHCollisions.act
SHSim.act
SHSound.act
SimData.dll

One way to 'purify' these files is to install TWoS first, backup these files and deinstall everything afterwards. Or get your hands on these files...

Here my modlist:

------------------------------
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\SilentHunter5\MODS]

Accurate German Flags
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
Dark_Observation_Scope_from_TWoS (1)
SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 3.a Enhanced Visibility (medium)
DynEnv v2.9 - 4.a Camera Filters - Realistic Colors
DynEnv v2.9 - Wave Mechanics - Gale (Improved)
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
Water reflections intensity varied by available sunlight by TheDarkWraith
SH5_7A_Conning_Fix
Fix clock rear torpedo room VIIA
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_AFFOE_151
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_Patch_1_AFFOE_151
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files v2
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_Sjizzles_Charts for NewUIs from TWoS
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_FIX_Message_English_XOTDC_Auto_Ma nual_TDC (2)
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_New_radio_messages_German
Automation Scripts for Stock Game (3)
IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_41_Inertia_Damage
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5 (4)
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5
STOCKGAME_ADJUSTED_Campaign_Transfer_messages (5)
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1
Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage_by vdr1981_from_TWoS [OPTIONAL]
R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface)_from_TWoS [OPTIONAL]
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage_by vdr1981_LESS_DAMAGE [OPTIONAL] (6)
Speech fixes and additions (german version)_ADJUSTED
IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750_ADJUSTED (7)
ShapeTexturesColor
IO_MapCourseLine_normal pencil_mod
Map_Tools_ADJUSTED_from_TWOS (8)
STOCKGAME_ADJUSTED_Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
STOCKGAME_ADJUSTED_Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
TDW_No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0
TDW_No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0
TDW_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols_1_1_0
Campaign Start_VIIB_UFlaK_from_TWoS [OPTIONAL]
Game Difficulty EASY (IRAI changes) [OPTIONAL] (9)
Game Difficulty MEDIUM (IRAI changes) [OPTIONAL] (10)

Notes:

(1)
Before installing this, install the "SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2" and its patch 1.2.2 first.
The observation scope in the command room is now dark and not white anymore. Taken from TWoS.

(2)

When you always play Manual TDC you can ignore this mod. If you play and want to switch from Manual to AutoTDC, you need to change an option in the OFEV (Disable the last in the XOTDC tab), and additionally this mod will fix the WO's wrong message.

(3)
These scripts will complete the TDW NewUIs_7_5_0 to be more complete based on all Trevally's scripts. Taken from TWoS for simplicity, else I needed to make many separate downloads. Note that the TWoS port pilots will NOT work with my modlist, you have to install 'Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1'.

(4)
With this installment of OH2 v.2.5 you will play with the tonnage bar that fully works as intended by the stock game. You must however manually end the campaign chapters by following my red radio messages in the game when the time to end your campaign has come.

If instead you want to play without tonnage bar, then you need to fully install the mod 'OHII v2.5 - No Stupid Tonnage Bar_Free Style Campaign v0.1_NewUIs v7.5.0' directly after the main OH2 mod, and in that case you don't need to advance your campaign manually.

(5)
No more guessing game: you will know when to advance campaign when the time has come. Red messages in-game will tell you what to do (all necessary files are included to change campaign correctly).

(6)
R.S.D mod will re-write all damage that your submarine can sustain, adding many more systems in the Sub System menu. Adjusted from TWoS to include latest changes. This will however turn the game's difficulty to HARD, so this mod is 'optional' only. Do not install any R.S.D. mod if you want EASY difficulty, and in this case also install the mod described in point (9).

As an add-on mod I have created the sub-mod 'R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage_by vdr1981_LESS_DAMAGE_from_TwoS' with a more relaxed damage taken from your sub when hit by the enemy. This will change the game difficulty to MEDIUM. It's optional only for medium difficulty, you can also do without R.S.D mod, but be sure to load the mod described in point (10).

Technical notes:
I have revisited all 'Hitpoint' and 'Armor Level' values from the TWoS version v.2.2.10, changing them to be similar to my modlist before the changes, and transfering all other changed values to match Veko's (vdr1981) intentions with the mod. Veko's mod will behave the same, except that you will see less horrendous damages incured in one plane overfly and attack, especially if only straffing.
The damages incured by enemy ships should be at the level of the stockgame + TDW_7_5_0 + OHII, much easier than WoS in general.

(7)
I have modified the file UserChart_Shipping.TDW in the folder UserCharts because it's clashing with Sjizzles Charts. This was necessary because otherwise the Speed Conversion charts will not show-up anymore. I have left the *.bak file in the folder so you can see the changes done by comparing the 2 files. What it does is removing the non-colored chart which is anyway present in the Sjizzles charts, so I removed the double causing the problem.

(8)
With this mod I take the protractor found in TWoS to hide any contact tails that would reveal the course of the target. Other protractors (e.g. those from the IO_map) could also achieve the same result, but I like the WoS protractor more because it has better contrast.

(9)
With the installed IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith mod, and additionally the R.S.D. mod that makes your sub taking more realistic damages, the game diffculty can be considered to be very high. Recommended for expert players only that are already familiar with the game mechanics.

This mod will tweak the IRAI mod to have EASY DIFFICULTY with enemy ships (merchands and non-merchands).
Addtionally, disable all R.S.D mods to have your sub taking less damage.
Install this mod at the end of your modlist so you can easily remove it if you want a harder game later.

Important:
If you remove or re-install the R.S.D. mod, you must start a new career or campaign chapter, else the game will get messed-up!

(10)
With the installed IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith mod, and additionally the R.S.D. mod that makes your sub taking more realistic damages, the game diffculty can be considered to be very high. Recommended for expert players only that are already familiar with the game mechanics.

This mod will tweak the IRAI mod to have MEDIUM DIFFICULTY with enemy ships (merchands and non-merchands).
To make your submarine more resistant to enemy weapons (from ships or airplanes): Disable all R.S.D. mods, or keep the main R.S.D mod but add the sub-mod 'R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage_by vdr1981_LESS_DAMAGE'.
Install this mod at the end of your modlist so you can easily remove it if you want an easier or harder game later.

Important:
If you remove or re-install the R.S.D. mod, you must start a new career or campaign chapter, else the game will get messed-up!

Download link:
Coming soon...and Subsim.com: if you want to host the mod, you are welcome

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-04-19 at 10:36 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 02:02 AM   #2
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

nice one but there is 1 minor problem... the scope resolution... if that doesn't match with your screen aspect ration all targeting and measurement are off...
add scope resolution at least for 16x9, 16x10, 5x4 aspect ration... each scope has his own resolution large scope and manos scop too

Edit:

u can upload the mod to mediafire also

Last edited by Sjizzle; 05-10-19 at 02:41 AM.
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 09:40 AM   #3
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
nice one but there is 1 minor problem... the scope resolution if that doesn't match with your screen aspect ration all targeting and measurement are off...
add scope resolution at least for 16x9, 16x10, 5x4 aspect ration... each scope has his own resolution large scope and manos scop too

Edit:

u can upload the mod to mediafire also

Thank you very much Sjizzle, I didn't think about that, and I will appreciate every suggestion.

This mod is intended for players who want a more relaxed game compared to TWoS. Also I will include now the R.S.D. 5.7 mod from vdr1981 which includes better equipment damages if I see that the game difficulty will not rise to an expert level of play.

Thank you and my best greetings!
Old 05-09-19, 02:52 PM   #4
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi XS
Link to your post #1 in my SH5 tutorials.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 03:21 PM   #5
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi XS
Link to your post #1 in my SH5 tutorials.
Peter

Thank you Peter! My modlist will most likely still take some changes due to high pertinent suggestions here, and because still working on Veko's R.S.D. to include it in the list, but with more relaxed hitpoints and armor levels (currently I adjust the Zones.Cfg file which is a behemoth of a work...)
Old 05-09-19, 04:17 PM   #6
MrGeeBee
Swabbie

Downloads: 62
Icon14

Coming back to this game, and found this, nice. I found TWoS too complicated for me as it is now. A couple of clarifications/questions though.

Quote:
One way to 'purify' these files is to install TWoS first, backup these files and de install everything afterwards. Or get your hands on these files...
So if I understand this correctly you need to apply the same modifications to these files as TWoS does? So couldn't I just copy the TWoS snapshot file:
Code:
TWoS 2.0_Snapshot.gps
to the TDW and apply that? Or does it mess around with other files as well?
MrGeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 06:07 PM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGeeBee View Post
Coming back to this game, and found this, nice. I found TWoS too complicated for me as it is now. A couple of clarifications/questions though.

So if I understand this correctly you need to apply the same modifications to these files as TWoS does? So couldn't I just copy the TWoS snapshot file:
Code:
TWoS 2.0_Snapshot.gps
to the TDW and apply that? Or does it mess around with other files as well?

No, you would either need to have the files I mention above and not comming from Steam or: install TWoS and backup these files after a successful TWoS installation.
After that, you would need to re-install all the game, patch to 1.2.0, and overwrite your game with these files. If you don't, then TDW Generic Patcher will not work, and you cannot mod the game like in my modlist (more precisely: you can but my entire mod will not work.) That's what I said above, sorry you didn't understand.
My future download could overcome this problem with a one-click JSGME mod installation, but we are not there yet.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-09-19 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-09-19, 06:53 PM   #8
MrGeeBee
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
No, you would either need to have the files I mention above and not comming from Steam or: install TWoS and backup these files after a successful TWoS installation.
After that, you would need to re-install all the game, patch to 1.2.0, and overwrite your game with these files. If you don't, then TDW Generic Patcher will not work, and you cannot mod the game like in my modlist (more precisely: you can but my entire mod will not work.) That's what I said above, sorry you didn't understand.
My future download could overcome this problem with a one-click JSGME mod installation, but we are not there yet.

Well, I'm on UPlay so it's already 1.2.0 ready so no issue there. No I understood you perfectly fine, just that I instead of doing it like you did, I applied a modified version of the TWoS Snapshot to only change those files mentioned, and nothing else. Was a lot easier than install TWoS, reinstall the game again and copy the files. Looking forward to the complete list.

EDIT: Except I couldn't find 'Dark_Observation_Scope_from_TWoS' at least not by that file name.

Last edited by MrGeeBee; 05-09-19 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added question
Old 05-09-19, 07:00 PM   #9
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

@MrGeeBee,

But to have a TWOS snapshot you did have to install TWoS first...
Whatever, you need all files returned to v.1.2.0 of the game. If you have that, try to apply the TDW Generic Patcher. If it works you will be able to install and play my modlist certainly.
Old 05-09-19, 07:06 PM   #10
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGeeBee View Post
EDIT: Except I couldn't find 'Dark_Observation_Scope_from_TWoS' at least not by that file name.

It cannot be downloaded (yet), I said it above. And what it does is in the point (******).

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-09-19 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-09-19, 07:31 PM   #11
MrGeeBee
Swabbie

Quote:
@MrGeeBee,

But to have a TWOS snapshot you did have to install TWoS first...
Whatever, you need all files returned to v.1.2.0 of the game. If you have that, try to apply the TDW Generic Patcher. If it works you will be able to install and play my modlist certainly.
No the TWoS installer is just a zip file so I pulled the gps file from it and modified it a bit to fit the correct files. But it's almost the same anyway, just less hassle for reinstalling.

Quote:
It cannot be downloaded (yet), I said it above. And what it does is in the point (******).
Well, sort of, albeit a bit unclear.

Quote:
Some mods (called 'adjusted' or comming from TWoS) are not downloadable, but I can help if you ask, and I explain what they do below in the notes.

Quote:
(******)
Before installing this, install the "SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2" and its patch 1.2.2 first.
The observation scope in the command room is now dark and not white anymore. Taken from TWoS.
Great work!
Old 05-09-19, 09:57 PM   #12
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

I'm now very pleased to announce that I have re-worked Veko's (vdr1981) 'R.S.D - Reworked Submarine Damage' mod. It is now more oriented towards the stock game, meaning sustained damage will be more forgiving in general and in particular for external equipment.
Don't be glad too soon however: Attacking planes or armed merchands will not be a piece of cake, if hit by shells your Hull Integrity will go down slowly but surely, so better avoid playing the flak or deckgun hero too many times
A plane which only uses canons and no bombs cannot deeply damage your hull anymore. Deck guns from merchands CAN instead, so always keep attention!
The damages incured by enemy ships should be at the level of the stockgame + TDW_7_5_0 + OHII, much easier than WoS in general.

Technical notes:
I have revisited all 'Hitpoint' and 'Armor Level' values from the TWoS version v.2.2.10, changing them to be similar to my modlist before the changes, and transfering all other changed values to match Veko's spirit and intentions with the mod. Veko's mod will behave the same, except that you will see less horrendous damages incured in one plane overfly and attack, especially if only straffing.

2 mods added to my modlist:

R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage_by vdr1981_LESS_DAMAGE_from_TwoS
R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface)_from_TWoS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-09-19 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-12-19, 11:50 AM   #13
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Currently I try to remove a nasty sound problem. Sometimes after loading a save, when clicking on the SH3-style dials or one of the left icons, also when ordering something in the crew icon menu (like getting depth under keel) then the sound will not play (you should hear 'Auftauchen, Grosse Fahrt voraus, etc. to confirm the orders). Saving and reloading the game will fix it, but this is very cumbersome.

I don't know if its' due to some TDW NewUI problems, maybe related to the fact I'm using the SH3-style dials instead of the stock SH5 ones. There is nothing similar found as an issue in the readme files. Or it could have to do with my DBSM sound mod loaded which has no specific Sh.sdl which I needed to remove to make it work, the sh.sdl files is from OHII.

This will unfortunately delay my download package preparation. I intend to make all those mods downloadable which are not available at Subsim.com so everyone could load the mod as for my modlist above.

Thanks very much for anyone having ideas about where this problem could come from, so I can concentrate my research on that.

[EDIT]
This sound problem seems to happen more often when you go immediately in the NavMap after game loads, and using TC to 256 or higher.
So the 'ritual' should always be: first go in some neighbour rooms to fill the game cache, go to bridge, and only then the teleport will fully work and - sound problems seem not to happen. I guess there is very little I can do against, except this 'ritual' .

Greetings,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-12-19 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-13-19, 09:26 PM   #14
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Dynamic Environment SH5 v 2.9 will definitly make it in my modlist. For all those who wonder why it isn't already: I wanted to make sure game stability is assured before adding this extensive mod and its useful sub-mods.
Old 05-15-19, 12:32 AM   #15
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

@XenonSurff if u need the manos or large optic resolution patches let me know and i will upload it for u !!!
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote