SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-10-19, 12:17 PM   #271
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

TheEvilChicken!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-19, 01:46 PM   #272
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilChicken View Post
I just followed the instructions on how to install the mod and everything seemed to work out nicely but when I launch the game it's just the base version.

BTW I have windows 10 and the Gold Version as Uplay code

edit: nevermind, the issue just disappeared after a quick reinstall

This means without any doubt that you did it wrong with 'Step 1' in the instructions, you have installed WoS in the wrong directory, you must install it where your sh5.exe is located and the files therein must not be write-protected. Also read carefully what comes before 'step 1'. If you can't do that you won't get any further help I'm afraid because nobody can.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 02:11 AM   #273
Galland_me
Nub

Downloads: 14
Default Missing German Voice

I'm impressed by this megamod. Almost everything is fine after installation except some missing German voices, like the number of torpedo tube, the "closing tube" voice, etc... I wonder if it is a bug? If so, then how to fix it?
Galland_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 03:23 AM   #274
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galland_me View Post
I'm impressed by this megamod. Almost everything is fine after installation except some missing German voices, like the number of torpedo tube, the "closing tube" voice, etc... I wonder if it is a bug? If so, then how to fix it?
Not a bug. Those sounds are removed intentionally because they were repeatable and annoying...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 04:47 AM   #275
Galland_me
Nub

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Not a bug. Those sounds are removed intentionally because they were repeatable and annoying...
Thanks!
Galland_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 02:50 PM   #276
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > TheEvilChicken & Galland me
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 12:58 PM   #277
LordInquisitor
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Anybody knows how to fix broken text and save issues ? my issues are threeheaded dragon

1. Save. Game works decently and it seems to save well in port but when at sea it saves and then on reload Uboat outline is black, I managed to witness something i would describe as game loading well but then putting black filter over it as suddenly the sea wasnt blueish but more blackish and submarine wasnt grey but pure black along with characters on the top. It also seems if the subs dives then undives after save without me ordering anything.

2. Some of the text when talking to crew is missing it only shows. 4. 5. Instead of 4. 5 and relevant text. It seems to happen with Orders, some characters are fine completely some partially and some not at all. Doesnt seem to affect dialogue choices so far.

3.And the maps seems to bug out if i zoom out too much and attempt to move the mouse so for example i have text saying Australia in Middle of Mexico.

Win 7. Set on Administrative Privileges.
LordInquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 01:04 PM   #278
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordInquisitor View Post
Anybody knows how to fix broken text and save issues ? my issues are threeheaded dragon

1. Save. Game works decently and it seems to save well in port but when at sea it saves and then on reload Uboat outline is black, I managed to witness something i would describe as game loading well but then putting black filter over it as suddenly the sea wasnt blueish but more blackish and submarine wasnt grey but pure black.

2. Some of the text when talking to crew is missing it only shows. 4. 5. Instead of 4. 5 and relevant text.

3.The Briefing Worked fine with English Text and German voice the first time, but the second time even after starting new campaign it didnt play. And the maps seems to bug out if i zoom out too much and attempt to move the mouse so for example i have text saying Australia in Middle of Mexico.

Hi LordInquisitor,

saving games in SH5 must go like this to avoid trouble:

When starting campaign (or chapter), you must save in bunker in a separate slot when entering the first time, then go to main menu and reload that save. This is necessary for the campaign to start correctly.

Never use autosaves. You can delete these slots when you chose to save game.

Always save in a separate slot, do not overwrite game slots. Again you can delete old slots by chosing save game.

Don't save game when enemies or airplanes are nearby, this can spell trouble.

Then, in order to avoid grafic glitches and malfunctions: do not ALT-TAB out of the game.
I hope this helps you, cheers!
XS
Old 05-13-19, 01:06 PM   #279
LordInquisitor
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Hi LordInquisitor,

saving games in SH5 must go like this to avoid trouble:

When starting campaign (or chapter), you must save in bunker in a separate slot when entering the first time, then go to main menu and reload that save. This is necessary for the campaign to start correctly.

Never use autosaves. You can delete these slots when you chose to save game.

Always save in a separate slot.

Don't save game when enemies or airplanes are nearby, this can spell trouble.

I hope this helps you, cheers!
XS
didnt seem problematic on Vanilla but im going to try it. Hopefully missing text can be solved as well. i can tolerate the map just constantly using zoom out to fix it and crawl in lower zoom.
Old 05-13-19, 01:13 PM   #280
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
didnt seem problematic on Vanilla but im going to try it. Hopefully missing text can be solved as well. i can tolerate the map just constantly using zoom out to fix it and crawl in lower zoom.

And do not ALT-TAB out of the game, or you get malfunctions and grafic errors.
Old 05-13-19, 01:19 PM   #281
LordInquisitor
Swabbie

Seems it made it worse.

Black screen and CAMERA IS OUT OF SECTORS. second reload attempt did the same as previously seems to load normal then goes with black filter Text still ****ed up and same with maps.
Old 05-13-19, 01:27 PM   #282
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:

1. Save. Game works decently and it seems to save well in port but when at sea it saves and then on reload Uboat outline is black, I managed to witness something i would describe as game loading well but then putting black filter over it as suddenly the sea wasnt blueish but more blackish and submarine wasnt grey but pure black along with characters on the top. It also seems if the subs dives then undives after save without me ordering anything.

2. Some of the text when talking to crew is missing it only shows. 4. 5. Instead of 4. 5 and relevant text. It seems to happen with Orders, some characters are fine completely some partially and some not at all. Doesnt seem to affect dialogue choices so far.

3.And the maps seems to bug out if i zoom out too much and attempt to move the mouse so for example i have text saying Australia in Middle of Mexico.

Most likely an installation problem. I don't recognize any of mentioned issues...

Also, check first post of this thread if you want any further assistance. It's quite pointless otherwise. Cheers!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 02:02 PM   #283
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > LordInquisitor
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 04:03 PM   #284
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Galland!& Lordinquisitor!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 08:16 PM   #285
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Seems it made it worse.

Black screen and CAMERA IS OUT OF SECTORS. second reload attempt did the same as previously seems to load normal then goes with black filter Text still ****ed up and same with maps.

With 2.2.10 I also get the camera out of sectors sometimes immediately after loading a save, in this case I hit twice F2 to correct (external camera) and the view returns to normal. Didn't happen in previous TWoS versions.

Also do not use the teleporter feature before going up and down the ladders at least once, or it will not work getting the camera out of bounds. I find it good to shortly walking through the sub after loading a save to 'fill the memory cache'.