SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-04-17, 11:21 PM   #46
EnjoyableSTIG
Seaman

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Wow, those smaller ducts sure look nice...
EnjoyableSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 08:33 AM   #47
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyableSTIG View Post
Wow, those smaller ducts sure look nice...
Thanks! I finally had the time with the Labor Day weekend to finish experimenting with all the Parameters in Goldfish716's excellent Pump Jet spreadsheet, and was able to swap out the LA and Narwhal props for the smaller Sturgeon prop, and shrink down the Pump Jet Shrouds. End result is much more true to scale.

LTJG Beam
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 10:56 PM   #48
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Mod Update # 5a: Date:09/06/2017
Hot Fix for typos in mission files. These may be the cause the intermittent game freeze during a mission or after completing a mission. One was in SSBN_PATROL_1 of the Russian Campaign, and may also account for the reported issue with the SSBN Patrol mission not ending correctly.

As always, let me know if any issues occur.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-07-17, 12:08 PM   #49
goldfish716
Sailor man

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTJGBeam View Post
Thanks! I finally had the time with the Labor Day weekend to finish experimenting with all the Parameters in Goldfish716's excellent Pump Jet spreadsheet, and was able to swap out the LA and Narwhal props for the smaller Sturgeon prop, and shrink down the Pump Jet Shrouds. End result is much more true to scale.
I started to do that on mine as well, but didn't because I figured the cavitation wouldn't look as good, being too large.

Looking forward to seeing how they look.
goldfish716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 03:53 AM   #50
Action Stations!
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Hey LTJGbeam, Great mod. Really appreciate the lengths you have gone to, to bring another dimension to a great game.

Couple of small questions / feedback, maybe others could answer,

If you are playing with the Seawolf Class, embarking on a Seal Team insertion clears out the ability for reloads. This seems to be the same for LA and Seawolf class. Wouldn't the Seawolf, with its larger weapons capacity be able to still carry some weapons?

Secondly, is there any way, if you are assigned the Jimmy Carter, that embarking Special Ops would not eat into your weapons load given that boats modifications?

All in all cant fault the mod really. makes a great game brilliant.

Cheers
Action Stations! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 12:38 PM   #51
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Stations! View Post
Hey LTJGbeam, Great mod. Really appreciate the lengths you have gone to, to bring another dimension to a great game.

Couple of small questions / feedback, maybe others could answer,

If you are playing with the Seawolf Class, embarking on a Seal Team insertion clears out the ability for reloads. This seems to be the same for LA and Seawolf class. Wouldn't the Seawolf, with its larger weapons capacity be able to still carry some weapons?

Secondly, is there any way, if you are assigned the Jimmy Carter, that embarking Special Ops would not eat into your weapons load given that boats modifications?

All in all cant fault the mod really. makes a great game brilliant.

Cheers
Thanks for the compliment. Glad you are enjoying the Mod.

The "only the weapons in the tubes loadout for SEAL Missions" appears to be hard coded in the core game. Parche and Jimmy Carter's modifications specifically had me look into the issue; there is no parameter that I can set to determine how many weapons are offloaded for the SEAL Mission. So, no way to control that. We'll have to wait for Killerfish to add USS Parche and USS Jimmy Carter to the game for those changes.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-10-17, 01:06 PM   #52
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

Just as a news nut, I don't believe the Parche or JC are physically designed to carry more weapons. They were designed/modified for other technical missions.

It would be nice if those two boats incurred missions appropriate for their configuration. I suspect it would be a mod that supported such missions.

In the end I don't think they really need play. Rather, similar missions be added to the boats at large.

Just thinking on the subject...
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 01:09 AM   #53
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgard View Post
Just as a news nut, I don't believe the Parche or JC are physically designed to carry more weapons. They were designed/modified for other technical missions.

It would be nice if those two boats incurred missions appropriate for their configuration. I suspect it would be a mod that supported such missions.

In the end I don't think they really need play. Rather, similar missions be added to the boats at large.

Just thinking on the subject...
Not designed to physically carry more weapons, but designed with a 100' hull extension tailored for "oceanographic research"...

Seriously though, with the hull extensions tailored to special operations/oceanographic research/ocean engineering, they can carry the SEAL teams/research equipment/whatever and etc. without needing to offload all weapons.

That would be why they might be expected to carry more weapons, even with SEALS aboard.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-13-17, 06:05 PM   #54
goldfish716
Sailor man

Downloads: 14

I adopted your shroud changes to my subs. It does look better, and the cavitation issue is small. You are welcome to double the prop and add my sail fairing to yours if you like them.

The double prop is quite simple to do yourself.

Code:
PropRotationSpeed=-130,-130

MeshPosition=0,0.0029,-0.803
MeshProp=usn_ssn_sturgeon_prop
MeshRotation=0,0,24.715
The sail fairing is a lot of code, like the shroud. It looks sweet though, if you haven't seen it.

goldfish716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 02:27 PM   #55
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish716 View Post
I adopted your shroud changes to my subs. It does look better, and the cavitation issue is small. You are welcome to double the prop and add my sail fairing to yours if you like them.

The double prop is quite simple to do yourself.

Code:
PropRotationSpeed=-130,-130

MeshRotation=0,0,24.715
The sail fairing is a lot of code, like the shroud. It looks sweet though, if you haven't seen it.

Haven't had a chance to test your fairing technique out yet. On my to do list, as it does give a smooth curve to the fairing.

Your spreadsheet was invaluable to testing the various permutations of the duct. Made it easy to test various size parameters to get a good compromise between duct and cavitation animations.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-17-17, 02:29 PM   #56
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Mod Update # 6: Date:09/17/2017
Sync weapons, sensors, aircraft, dictionary files for changes in 1.08.

As always, let me know if any glitches have occurred.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-17-17, 04:44 PM   #57
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

error trying to start new 2004 US campaign with 1.08
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 06:54 PM   #58
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Re-uploaded to correct missing value in dictionary file for WIRES. Thanks to Lanzfeld for the report.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-21-17, 03:18 PM   #59
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Mod Update # 6a: Date:09/21/2017
Fixes for changed propeller size on Seawolf and Virginia, other Model fixes for changes in the base models, and a fix for the missing usn_mk45_description in 1.08b.

Thanks to those who reported the missing description file issue. I hope I solved it by copying the file from the default folder. Hate to do that, because then there are duplicates for a file that hasn't been modded from the default and if the default is changed in the future the mod will then be out of sync unnecessarily... But it should solve the issue for now. Once 1.08 is finalized I will see if it can be removed.

LTJG Beam
Old 09-22-17, 01:59 AM   #60
Rickster1
Chief

Downloads: 508
Default missing

cannot see this mod in download section
Rickster1 is offline   Reply With Quote