SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-20, 06:28 PM   #1
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Default Provisioning the boat

Every time before you begin a mission it is a suggestion that you maximize storage how to do this;

Every officer aboard the boat with mechanical ability needs to have 5 spare parts and a rebreather in their inventory. everything else can go into storage.

when you are damaged, the FIRST thing the officer is going to do is try to obtain spare parts, and if the compartment is toxic, a rebreather. If he already has both on him at all times - you saved a lot of critical time in repairs.

I always give my medic 5 medical kits and a rebreather for the same reason

stock the forward storage with coffee and rebreathers if available. my forward storage looks like a coffee shop, nothing more annoying than having an officer in the middle of an attack become to fatigued to work, just give him a few cups of coffee and he will continue working longer.

stern storage i always load up with food, and make sure the galley has a mix variety of food which benefits morale vs just having one type of food on the burner.

potassium cartridges and additional spare parts are essential i would dedicate at least one storage block to each
Old 04-12-20, 06:31 PM   #2
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Thank you! Will definitely try this out.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 12:45 PM   #3
JDinAUSTX
Swabbie

Downloads: 62

Very helpful insights. Thanks!
JDinAUSTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 09:30 PM   #4
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199

Good ideas indeed. I also place 40 potassium absorbents in my ventilator, along with the max 40 in storage as well. Until the schnorkel becomes available this is a must. To add to the re-breather discussion, I like to have every officer equipped with one re-breather, and keep a minimum of 4 available in storage. fill the galley to capacity while docked, and then fill all available storage slots to 100 of provisions each. At least 4 differing types of food. I allot one slot for 5 sonar decoys, which can be carried if necessary by one of my radio officers. Reason being that sometimes when you get that big Liberty, or C3- N1 kill, you may find a large cache of provisions of a type you aren't currently carrying that can be added to your supply. Remember that you can place food directly from the deck to the galley if a cook is on duty. I have emptied out one slot of food in the galley in order to add 15-20 of something we gathered at sea. If you are diligent bout provisions, you can keep the galley well stocked for long journeys.
Also, in agreement with GoldenRivet, I keep both (or all three) of my Engineering/mechanical officers equipped with 5 spare parts each and an additional 5 in storage. This is useful for doing deep dives (usually on the journey back to port) in order to induce low morale (ferret out the cowards) and get experience points to my mechanics, while adding seawolves. Dive to max depth, keep a close eye on your boat, and leaks will occur. These repairs help give your officers experience, while you learn about the limits of your boat, and the thermocline.
Hope these ideas offer some help...
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 08:06 PM   #5
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwearjr View Post
Good ideas indeed. I also place 40 potassium absorbents in my ventilator, along with the max 40 in storage as well.
The only downside to this is that if you run the ventilator it will continue to consume potassium until you turn it off. You only have to forget once, then youve potentially wasted all 40 absorbers.

for this reason i put 40 in the storage, and i only put 2-3 at a time in the ventilator

when it runs out of those three, it will continue to run, but wont be wasting absorbers if i forgot to turn it off