SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-09, 06:58 AM   #196
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
To find bugs you need bug testers.
I've been given the opportunity to be one. I've been sent the new beta version of the upcoming RA

Just that I haven't installed it yet.

I'm afraid I can't give the files to anybody else. Was told specifically not to distribute the beta files. And I can understand why I think the RA modders reserve the exclusive rights to unveil their latest work of passion for DW and I'm not going to ruin that.

Anyway this time the waiting game is almost over.
Old 07-01-09, 01:33 PM   #197
:FI:Rabitski
Mate

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

You can still give us your impression of the Mod once youve played it a few times, can you?
:FI:Rabitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-09, 08:25 PM   #198
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by :FI:Rabitski View Post
You can still give us your impression of the Mod once youve played it a few times, can you?
Sure I will
Old 07-01-09, 10:25 PM   #199
Castout
Silent Hunter

I haven't really jumped into it but my first few minutes impression was: WOW.

I played the previous beta and this one seems to be much improved. You can actually hear the sound contact from the broadband station! In vanilla it was almost impossible to do this unless you use some sound mod.

I took the LADA for ASW hunt

The LADA now has a towed array! Though it can barely be seen from this screenshot.

New interface for the LADA broadband sonar station

New narrow band station for the LADA.
Old 07-01-09, 10:50 PM   #200
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Actually, all major diesel electric subs have towed arrays, the Lada, the Harushio, the Type 212s and the Collins.
Its more realistic this way, even though you lose the battery interface.
You still have the traditional diesel eletric interface on the various russian, cinese and iranian Kilos though.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-09, 06:57 AM   #201
Mate

Thing's that I found with the 1st Beta were the Harpoons seemed to hit the water before they reached the target nearly 100% of the time, the Tigerfish I think it was vanished right after firing and all Russian torpedos completly failed to follow target if they changed from on layer to the other(This could be the case in real life I have no idea).Do you know if any of these are improved or was it just a fault on my part.
Old 07-02-09, 11:17 AM   #202
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99

Castout, I'm with envy.
Old 07-02-09, 07:07 PM   #203
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
Actually, all major diesel electric subs have towed arrays, the Lada, the Harushio, the Type 212s and the Collins.
Its more realistic this way, even though you lose the battery interface.
You still have the traditional diesel eletric interface on the various russian, cinese and iranian Kilos though.
Yes you seem to be right those SSK equipped with towed array lose their battery interface. But those equipped with towed array could be considered as modern SSKs with long range underwater endurance and the battery capacity in DW is quite pathetic imo.

Quote:
Thing's that I found with the 1st Beta were the Harpoons seemed to hit the water before they reached the target nearly 100% of the time, the Tigerfish I think it was vanished right after firing and all Russian torpedos completly failed to follow target if they changed from on layer to the other(This could be the case in real life I have no idea).Do you know if any of these are improved or was it just a fault on my part.
I have only done a few hours of gameplay testing...will try to test thsoe stuffs you mentioned. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Sigma View Post
Castout, I'm with envy.
Hmm it should be released soon enough ThetaSigma.
Old 07-02-09, 07:26 PM   #204
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
Yes you seem to be right those SSK equipped with towed array lose their battery interface. But those equipped with towed array could be considered as modern SSKs with long range underwater endurance and the battery capacity in DW is quite pathetic imo.
Since the default diesel electric sub interface in DW doesn't give you the option of the towed array, people had to choose.
Either retain the battery simulation and forget the TA and WAA (where applicable) or use the nuclear sub interface that gives you TA but limit at least the maximum speed of the sub to 20 knots.
Giving the Type 212, the Lada, the Harushio and the Collins the TA was much more important than "simulating" the diesel-electric part.
It was a compromise and I think the best choice was made in regards to playability.
This is one thing that bugs me in AT, all the modern SSK basically share the same interface and therefore limitation of the Kilo which was absurd.

Hey did you try out the new periscope station ? The RA modders did a good job on that one.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-09, 07:58 PM   #205
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post

Hey did you try out the new periscope station ? The RA modders did a good job on that one.
Which one for which sub? I found an interesting multi display station but didn'tmanage to turn it on lol.

Hmm I've had two or three freezes that I think is related to Microsoft speech recognition in Vista. I didn't install Microsoft Speech Recognition 5.1 that came with DW since I thought my Vista must have the same thing if not newer.
Old 07-02-09, 08:16 PM   #206
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:

The Tigerfish is okay I just sank a XIA sub with it. However the XIA didn't run even after my torpedoes started pinging her(gone active)
Old 07-03-09, 09:28 AM   #207
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Thing's that I found with the 1st Beta were the Harpoons seemed to hit the water before they reached the target nearly 100% of the time.
FI:Rabitski

I haven't had any problems with the Harpoon, but the target needs to be 6nm away from your Sub, there is a minimum lock-on range.

Quote:
The Tigerfish I think it was vanished right after firing and all.
This is probably most likely a Doctrine file problem. I dono if this is helpful.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 07-03-09 at 10:19 AM.
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 10:51 AM   #208
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Downloads: 6
Default RA Mod Download where is that?

Hi im new to fourums and i dont know where this RA mod that every one posted about is please send me the link to the download thanks.
Deisel Submarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 11:15 AM   #209
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Downloads: 6

Is the RA MOD that every one keeps talking about is it the Beata version download on page1 of this thread?
Deisel Submarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 11:41 AM   #210
Mate

Could well have been a fault when I installed the thing in the first place, I'm not the best @ installing mod's by hand, so I'm sure i messed it up.

Castout can you gives us a ball park on "Soon enough". Enough for me is tomorrow or within the month (July) not that it matters I'll wait one way or the other

Tags
reinforce alert