SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-13-21, 03:32 PM   #721
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Taliban(Afghanistan) and Pakistan a threat to India I would understand. But I can't get China into the equation- What interest could they have taking part in a war against India side by side with Afghanistan and Pakistan ?

I know there's an area between these two country China and India which has resulted in clashes now and then.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 04:05 PM   #722
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Jammu and Kashmir was a state of India from 1954 to 2019, constituting the southern and southeastern portion of the larger Kashmir region, which has been the subject of a dispute between India, Pakistan and China since the mid-20th century.

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 04:16 PM   #723
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon9 Money, rare earth, and nukes R the sinews of Sino-warfare

/\ Basically Pakistan, which has trolled US handout finances for decades, in appearing to be an ally in the war on Taliban, alQueda and ISIS terrorism is left holding nothing as China, in its global Road and Belt doctrine, prepares to supplant the Russian and American vacancy in utterly impoverished Afghanistan to gain access to its mineral wealth. Pakistan cannot compete economically with Chinese influence and economic allure nor will the totalitarian Xi regime fall for two-faced Pakistani aggrandizement handout tactics that worked with the Washinton administrations for 20 years. A powerful Sino-Afghan coalition is now a geographic reality along Pakistan's northern boarder and Pakistan is well aware of how that works on the Sino-Indian Kashmir boarder. India, Pakistan and China all possess nuclear arsenals...I just hope Afghanistan, like Cuba in the 60s missile crises, isn't some latterday WWI style Sarajevo fuse-lighter; but I suspect that will eventually be Taiwan.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-13-21 at 06:52 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 04:31 PM   #724
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Hope it doesn't get that far. No one would win in a war between these countries.

Markus

Old 09-13-21, 05:22 PM   #725
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Moser-Napa Register
So let’s make it about Joe Biden.

Yes, let's. He signed up for this. And he has publicly acknowledged that all responsibility ultimately rests with the Commander in Chief and President of the United States. That doesn't mean that many other people aren't guilty of poor decision making, too. They should also be held accountable. A myriad of mistakes have been made over a long period of time, but this one was on his watch. Decisions like this require executive review and approval for a reason.

In all honesty, though, I'm really starting to feel bad for the guy.
Old 09-14-21, 07:26 AM   #726
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

US Secy of State, Antony Blinken to reassess its ties with Pakistan.
Blinken noted that Pakistan has harboured members of the Taliban before.

Old 09-14-21, 10:54 AM   #727
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Harbored Taliban, what does that mean? Pakistan is the home of the Taliban, during Soviet occupation Afghan refugees fled to Pakistan and were schooled there by the Pakistani Tehreek-e-Taliban and then sent back. It’s said the Pakistan ISI is made up of a majority of Tehreek-e-Taliban and Tehreek-e-Taliban sympathizers. The biggest concern for the current Pakistani government now is an internal uprising of the Tehreek-e-Taliban because of the speed by which their own creation overtook Afghanistan.

The west does not consider the Taliban as terrorists at least not officially. Here’s my guess we are probably more apt to support an overthrow of the current Pakistan government and welcome a homegrown Taliban regime. Especially since they seem to like to blow up Chinese visitors to Pakistan.

My only concern with that is what happens with Pakistan Nukes?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 11:18 AM   #728
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I predict that if Pakistan with Afghanistan and perhaps China attack India Nukes will be used.

Markus

Old 09-14-21, 11:42 AM   #729
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Quote:
The World is One News (WION) is an Indian multinational English language news channel headquartered in New Delhi.
WION's Anas Mallick asks Taliban on their stand on Kashmir issue | Afghanistan-India Relations

Acting Foreign Minister Amir Muttaqi urges international community to resume aid as Afghanistan faces a looming economic crisis.

Kabul, Afghanistan – Afghanistan’s acting Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi has criticised the United States for its actions towards the new Taliban government and for severing economic assistance after the group seized power last month.

In his first address to the media since the Taliban announced its new caretaker government last week, Muttaqi said on Tuesday that the group would not allow “any country” to impose sanctions or embargoes on Afghanistan, including the US.

“[We] helped the US until the evacuation of their last person, but unfortunately, the US, instead of thanking us, froze our assets,” he said.

Since the Taliban took control of the Afghan capital, Kabul on August 15 as former President Ashraf Ghani fled the country, the US Federal Reserve, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank have cut off Afghanistan’s access to funds, resulting in a widespread liquidity crunch in the cash-dependent economy.

Muttaqi thanked the international community for pledging more than $1bn of aid for Afghanistan at a UN donor conference on Monday.

“We welcome the pledge of emergency aid funding committed to Afghanistan during yesterday’s meeting hosted by the UN in Geneva,” he said.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...sses-the-media

Old 09-14-21, 08:42 PM   #730
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Quote:
CGTN - China Global Television Network

How 4 U.S. presidents created today's mess in Afghanistan

Old 09-15-21, 11:49 AM   #731
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A major row broke out between leaders of the Taliban just days after they set up a new government in Afghanistan, senior Taliban officials told the BBC.

Supporters of two rival factions reportedly brawled at the presidential palace in the capital Kabul.

The argument appeared to centre on who did the most to secure victory over the US, and how power was divided up in the new cabinet.

The Taliban have officially denied the reports.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58560923

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 04:09 PM   #732
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

The day that brought shame on Biden's America: Damning GOP reports reveals how 800 Americans were left behind in bungled Kabul withdrawal - while US-trained Afghan Special Forces had to flee to IRAN (with secrets) because US didn't protect them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-report.html

Old 08-15-22, 04:26 PM   #733
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Well if it is in the daily mail, it has to be true. The daily mail can't publish anything that is not true
Old 08-15-22, 04:41 PM   #734
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

I love the Dailymail

White House knocks new GOP report on Afghanistan withdrawal

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...an-withdrawal/

Old 08-16-22, 03:57 AM   #735
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post

How 4 U.S. presidents created today's mess in Afghanistan
No, created it was only by one: the first in the line. Without him the others couldn't have continued it and the last one couldn't have ended it.

Hubris. Illusions. Megalomania. One should have left when Bin Laden was dead at the latest.

And yes, it was forseeable. Some people, me inclcuded, warned of defeat as the outcome. Nothing is surprising in the the way it ended, nothing.