Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-26-10, 05:56 PM   #1666
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAseMkIII View Post
Ok running win 7 ultimate its a hp hdx 16 laptop 4gig ram 2.27 ghhz dual core 4 meg ram this rig runs crysis and arma at almost 40 fps what systems specs do you need to help me
Ok, could you tell me if you installed DirectX 9C at the time you installed
TvT the first time ?

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 05:59 PM   #1667
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
well you could your arms and legs were mutated enough
As you know most guys will refer to images of guys that they assume are the
driver. But I thought to explain these images a guy could simply have his
lower legs in the hatch opening and sitting on the hull top. Just a guess

Old 10-26-10, 06:00 PM   #1668
VAseMkIII
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

yes I did, your work is fantastic zee it adds so much more depth and dimension to the game but it must be playable. This game could clean up in so many ways, I just want it to be the best it can be.
VAseMkIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 06:01 PM   #1669
VAseMkIII
Seaman

Thats it exactly Zee ineed say no more than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
As you know most guys will refer to images of guys that they assume are the
driver. But I thought to explain these images a guy could simply have his
lower legs in the hatch opening and sitting on the hull top. Just a guess
Old 10-26-10, 06:02 PM   #1670
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivetide View Post
Sorry Steve I always call you Mark lol hows things ?
**** man just found out about Albert .. he was a top man..
Hey ZW not a problem if you want the firefly skins I still have them somewhere.. I’ll dig them out
Skins is a place I always need help and if you created some firefly skins I would love to see them tide.

Old 10-26-10, 06:03 PM   #1671
VAseMkIII
Seaman

Zee did you get my pm last night??
Old 10-26-10, 06:08 PM   #1672
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Zee did you get my pm last night??
No I didn't get that yet let me check it out

VAse,
I just PM'd you back mate!

ZW

Old 10-26-10, 06:19 PM   #1673
fivetide
Tanker

I dont know if my skills are up to date i'm 3 years behind I have been working on this

its trying to sim cast iron

I'm only a very slow novice although I do have the whole thing UV'ed

Except tracks etc.. although I do have alot of un skinned models

But I would like to get back in the groove
Old 10-26-10, 06:31 PM   #1674
fivetide
Tanker

Although I really want to skin this

Old 10-26-10, 07:06 PM   #1675
fivetide
Tanker

ZW I know from reading the thread you want to make money from you work and I totally back you on that 100% I think you should and like the rest of the treadhead community I think you should get rich from producing an excellent WW2 tank sim.
Please let me tell you a few points that over the years my friends like Steve NSU Albert etc have come to a conclusion about what makes a commercial WW2 tank sim work..
If you want to attract a lot of interest you need to aim at the US market, that means Desert Warfare and especially Normandy… I know this sounds strange but most played scenario in Panzer Elite .. “ Barkman’s Ridge” U.S player’s from my experience over the last 12 years want to re-live those 3-6 months of fierce fighting, I’ll quantify this, when we had a panzer elite ladder there was 1 British armoured corp’s and 19 U.S and if memory serves me right about 35 Germany. Although we had Russian Corps none where actually Russian players, just few people trying out the Soviet tanks etc.
MP is the community builder, if you get that good/right then everything else ( Patches , skins upgrades) will fall in line and you will make a lot of money. MP is at the heart of WW2 tank sims, its where the ultimate realism is, but it’s also the hardest code to crack unfortunately. Our community had a lot of people who never played MP who loved PE solo but they were the ones who created MAPs scenarios etc. which became the most loved MP maps.
We played on really crap PE MP but there was a lot of us wanting to play on the 4 v 4 for hours and hours..
Well that’s my opinion I have been part of the tread head community since I helped on the Panzer Commander Beta I Beta’ed Panzer Elite with Taut and Helped Tripwire go commercial on RO, I was also the one who bitched Lighthouse Interactive to push TvT out before they went bust.. I set up T34vtiger.com
And I have to say in the last 13 years you ZW have done more for this treadhead community and gone further than anyone else ( except possibly NSU) than anyone I salute you : ) I will help you as much as I can I promise.
Old 10-26-10, 07:39 PM   #1676
O_Smiladon
Mate

Downloads: 32

Quote:
ZW I know from reading the thread you want to make money from you work and I totally back you on that 100% I think you should and like the rest of the treadhead community I think you should get rich from producing an excellent WW2 tank sim.
Please let me tell you a few points that over the years my friends like Steve NSU Albert etc have come to a conclusion about what makes a commercial WW2 tank sim work..
If you want to attract a lot of interest you need to aim at the US market, that means Desert Warfare and especially Normandy… I know this sounds strange but most played scenario in Panzer Elite .. “ Barkman’s Ridge” U.S player’s from my experience over the last 12 years want to re-live those 3-6 months of fierce fighting, I’ll quantify this, when we had a panzer elite ladder there was 1 British armoured corp’s and 19 U.S and if memory serves me right about 35 Germany. Although we had Russian Corps none where actually Russian players, just few people trying out the Soviet tanks etc.
MP is the community builder, if you get that good/right then everything else ( Patches , skins upgrades) will fall in line and you will make a lot of money. MP is at the heart of WW2 tank sims, its where the ultimate realism is, but it’s also the hardest code to crack unfortunately. Our community had a lot of people who never played MP who loved PE solo but they were the ones who created MAPs scenarios etc. which became the most loved MP maps.
We played on really crap PE MP but there was a lot of us wanting to play on the 4 v 4 for hours and hours..
Well that’s my opinion I have been part of the tread head community since I helped on the Panzer Commander Beta I Beta’ed Panzer Elite with Taut and Helped Tripwire go commercial on RO, I was also the one who bitched Lighthouse Interactive to push TvT out before they went bust.. I set up T34vtiger.com
And I have to say in the last 13 years you ZW have done more for this treadhead community and gone further than anyone else ( except possibly NSU) than anyone I salute you : ) I will help you as much as I can I promise.
Amen Brother!

O_Smiladon
O_Smiladon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 07:43 PM   #1677
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
I dont know if my skills are up to date i'm 3 years behind I have been working on this

its trying to sim cast iron

I'm only a very slow novice although I do have the whole thing UV'ed

Except tracks etc.. although I do have alot of un skinned models

But I would like to get back in the groove
Looks pretty good tide, what program do you model in and what is the vertex count of this model.

Old 10-26-10, 07:46 PM   #1678
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Thanks tide
I want to definitely use your help and advice man!

Old 10-26-10, 07:49 PM   #1679
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Although I really want to skin this

This could be a reality. The Tiger II is modeled I just need to reduce the poly count and prepare it for tvt.

Old 10-26-10, 07:50 PM   #1680
fivetide
Tanker

ZW sorry cant remember but we ran it in NSU’s crysis mod with no problem its actually quite low oh I use 3ds max to skin .. we have over 50 ww2 models built.