SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-19-12, 10:10 AM   #61
Caustic
Torpedoman

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxswain View Post
TMO has never looked so good! Was playing SH5 but have returned to the red meat of TMO thanks to Caustic! Cheers Mate
I know what you mean, can't stand the TMO environment; looks nothing like the pacific and gives off more of a Silent Hunter 3 atmosphere.
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 08:25 PM   #62
Soviet Creeper
Planesman

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 0

Got a problem over here

Im using RFB + RSRDC and a few other non sound related trinkets, but when I enable your mod the sounds dont work. I just have the sounds from RFB. The graphics work fine thankfully, but I really like the sounds and want to hear them. Any help would be great
Old 05-27-12, 12:51 AM   #63
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Creeper View Post
Got a problem over here

Im using RFB + RSRDC and a few other non sound related trinkets, but when I enable your mod the sounds dont work. I just have the sounds from RFB. The graphics work fine thankfully, but I really like the sounds and want to hear them. Any help would be great
His mod said he reworked some sounds, so his are overwriting the sounds of RFB. You can open the sound file in RFB and play them and see which ones you like and copy and paste them over his mod or just make a small mod using correct paths and past all the sound files in it from RFB and run it over his mod.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-12, 07:02 AM   #64
Soviet Creeper
Planesman

Downloads: 143

No, I want his sounds to work. Right now they are overwriting RFBs, but I still get the RFB sounds somehow. I even tried placing his sounds over RFBs, but I still got RFB sounds. Not sure how this is possible
Old 05-27-12, 01:38 PM   #65
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
A quick fix to use most of this mod with TMO or RFB would be to remove the scene.dat file from the mod. I think then, you are only changing colors, textures and cloud patterns. It leaves fog and spotting distances untouched. Someone correct me on that if I'm mistaken.
I intermix files all the time from all the env mods and tweak them. Not sure what changes he's made to the scene dat that would effect his env. files, so it could change the look. They're several intensity values in scene that alter colors in the env. file.

I know people say that scene dat changes effect visuals, but I swear I have ripped them apart and the only two possible things that may have effect are playing with fog and light. I just don't see it doing much.
I've played with numerous setups with TMO, I can't tell much difference to sensor/env connection other than mentioned.

Last edited by Armistead; 07-19-12 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-27-12, 01:41 PM   #66
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Caustic,

Have you figured anyway to get more sunset/rise patterns. Be nice if the look would change a lil from time to time.

I have several sunsets that I've modded, be nice if you could rotate them.
Old 06-01-12, 10:59 PM   #67
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Caustic,

Have you figured anyway to get more sunset/rise patterns. Be nice if the look would change a lil from time to time.

I have several sunsets that I've modded, be nice if you could rotate them.
This is definitely something to consider but may be beyond my expertise or limited by the game engine. I know that the game uses three different env color files. For Atl, Med, and Arctic respectively. Each one contains different lighting paramters but it's self-contained and cannot be rotated from what I can tell.
Old 07-10-12, 06:57 PM   #68
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Thanks Caustic for all your efforts with this!

Got GFO running and it looks great!

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 12:40 AM   #69
ricven
Nub

Downloads: 113

Well, I have to say, normally I just lurk here and see whats happening but this time I just have to post my second post.

Epic work Caustic!, you just brought me back to sh4 with the mods i used to run with it. Guess now I get to reinstall sh4+uboat and mods and start playing with this very very nice enviroment. Thank you for all your hard work bringing this to us and thank you for bringing me back to sh4, maybe this will teach me to keep it installed lol.
ricven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 03:02 PM   #70
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Downloading, I can't wait.
I want to play some pacific action as my old AI crew misses me, (they sent me an e-mail) .
This looks great!
D40
Old 07-12-12, 07:44 PM   #71
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Wow! Another mod i missed. Downloading.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 12:32 PM   #72
Caustic
Torpedoman

Default Environmental patch

I have decided to revisit this mod because i'm not happy with some of the ocean colors and believe they can be improved upon. Particularly at night the sky needs more work as it does not match the ambient environment. I'll most likely just release a quick fix with new colors. I'm also working on new clouds.

It seems everyone enjoied version 3 of Improved Stock Environment, so I won't do a complete overhaul of the mod.

Old 07-25-12, 12:55 PM   #73
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

at obnly 95mb i suggest its better to just replace the old version with a new v3.1

les confusion and simpler for those using multiple mods
Old 07-25-12, 02:47 PM   #74
Armistead
Rear Admiral

I'll have to give your mod a look see, from the SS's looks pretty good. In many ways it looks a lot like changes I've made, guess the blue of TMO was too much for you.

Anyway, be interesting to see what you do, I assume you're adjusting sensors with it or just playing with colors?

I still can't find the perfect clouds and I've tried several, including my own, so can't wait to see what you come up with. I can't decide if I like more blurred hazy clouds or sharper. I'll post a few SS's of some I've been playing with in SS tread so I don't hijack you.

I may pose some questions to you PM about shaders and filters.
Old 07-25-12, 03:39 PM   #75
Caustic
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I'll have to give your mod a look see, from the SS's looks pretty good. In many ways it looks a lot like changes I've made, guess the blue of TMO was too much for you.

Anyway, be interesting to see what you do, I assume you're adjusting sensors with it or just playing with colors?

I still can't find the perfect clouds and I've tried several, including my own, so can't wait to see what you come up with. I can't decide if I like more blurred hazy clouds or sharper. I'll post a few SS's of some I've been playing with in SS tread so I don't hijack you.

I may pose some questions to you PM about shaders and filters.
Indeed, the whole purpose of my environmental mod was to have an alternative to overly saturated and Atlantic-esque TMO and Real Environments. About the clouds, they are tricky and annoying; even the developers of the game could not get it right.

Feel free to hit me up, can't wait to see more of your work because you know how much I appreciate it.