SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-05-14, 07:54 PM   #1
SilentHunts
Mate

Downloads: 211
Uploads: 0
Problems With DarkWraith UI Mod.

Hi guys! I play Silent Hunter 5 (no duh or else I would not post on this forum). O want to use DarkWraith's New UI mod but for some reason when I installed it while I was already in Dock, not even a single thing from the mod is even there. I tried messing with the PY file but I had absolutely no luck what so ever. This made me become really sad because of Silent Hunter 5's loading times. I don't want to constantly open that game up and load it up waiting at the loading screen and see if it worked. I tried using the Forum post that DarkWraith made but there is just too much info for me to even zip through as I am not the most open person because of how much Photoshop artwork I have to make. I also have to do other things but what ever about those.

Here is my question: How Exactly does one get DarkWraith's UI mod and TDC to work? The version is 7_4_2.

I have tried the other version which is 7_5_0 test 18 but no luck.

I hope someone can help me!
SilentHunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-14, 05:52 AM   #2
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Some basic info first

Are you using the disk version or the steam version of the game?

Do you have the required version, as indicated by the mod readme?

Have you read his readme file?

Where have you copied the mod files, which folder?

Did you use JGSME mod manager to install it, once it was copied to the game mod folder?

What other mods do you have that ARE working before this install attempt?
Old 12-06-14, 07:56 AM   #3
robmoore
Seaman

Downloads: 54

Seems like you did not add the mod correctly
Extract the file to a folder and open it and you will seee there are several mods in there, one of which will be called NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Place the folder called NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith in the mods folder which will be in the following location
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\mods
robmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-14, 11:25 AM   #4
SilentHunts
Mate

Hi guys, thanks for all the answers! I had installed it in the wrong way as I did not know that I needed to install inside the file itself the mod but now I have another problem that arose. When I was loading the game to my save in a docked port, almost every dial popped up while I was in port. Also the Fuel, Battery, Compressed Air, and O2 levels were all bugged and just sat on top of the speed and the compass that you control the rudder from had nothing in it. I am really now just getting mad at this game and all it's modding mess. If someone could help me on this that would be very grateful! Thank you people of subsim! You guys are the best! I am using a downloaded version of the game through UPLAY and not steam. Also the captain's log and User Charts and a couple other things just pop up in port.
Old 12-06-14, 11:43 AM   #5
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Yes, but

You have not answered what other mods you are trying. Is it just the one mod or a mix?

If you mix mods with the mod manager, JSGME, it will warn you when a file is going to be overwritten, allowing you to back out that mod install. The order that you install mods is important, as they all use the game files, overwriting each other. Last one in wins, and can cause problems with the rest of the mod soup.

Load one mod at a time and test it in game. You can have lots of mods at one time, as long as they do not interfere with the same files. The mod manager will also warn you if you try to unload a mod that was installed before others, and that must be uninstalled in reverse order.

You can get mad, but it is not the game nor the mods. Thousands of players are playing with mods and without problems. YOU just have to do it with care.
Old 12-06-14, 11:47 AM   #6
SilentHunts
Mate

My bad really sorry here is my mod list:

DBSM_Music_1_0_4
DBSM_Speech_1_0_4
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
Real Environment - Revision_3
sobers base sky mechanics V1
sobers best ever fog V31 SH5
sobers game loading tips V8 SH5
sobers multi color mod V5
sobers waves mod V30 SH5

Those are all the mods I have atm. I don't have them enabled because I need to find the correct order.
Old 12-06-14, 12:05 PM   #7
SilentHunts
Mate

I tested the UI mod with it only installed and the problem still persists. I don't know what in the world is happening.
Old 12-06-14, 03:36 PM   #8
SilentHunts
Mate

Alright I need to make a new thread addressing this issue.
Old 06-09-20, 02:08 PM   #9
Gardjinn
Swabbie

Downloads: 18
Icon7

I had some install issues first i installed the data file over and had all 3 show up sh3 sh4 sh5 so thats one problem
the next was the correct way putting NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith file in the mod folder so it shows up in jsgme and that had a error as well showing one mod unclosable boxes where open

how i fixed it was to drag the data file across to sh5 data file and replaceing it and it loaded fine
another prob i had was when i copy and pasted the mod into the mod file my file length was to long so i fixed the problem by using 7zip to extract straight into the jsgme mod file

you also have to open TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py to edit which version of gauges you want sh3 or sh4 or sh5 you find this file at for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scrip ts\Menu you then open the file with notepad look for this bit i used sh4
#; set below to either SH3Style, SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle=SH4Style

Gardjinn is offline   Reply With Quote