SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-22-19, 04:32 AM   #721
succerpunch
Torpedoman

Downloads: 292
Uploads: 0

Is KIUB_english needed. I like using the old method of attacking?
Old 09-22-19, 04:50 AM   #722
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Glad you solved it

Very often, people think they have LAA working, but SH4.exe HAS to be not read only, and in LAA window you must see your SH4 set on true

Kiub English is only to see the dials stickers in English instead of German, in HUD.
What do you mean by old method of attacking?
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 05:06 AM   #723
succerpunch
Torpedoman

I have the problem of playing at low resolution so in the UZO or periscope stuff tends to overlap so I used to use the side bar that would allow me to calculate the range aob and speed but that is no longer there.

I also have another problem with the crew management, I cannot put crew on the flak gun when in crew management because the dials on the bar at the bottom overlap so when I try and drop a crewmen, I change my speed.
Old 09-22-19, 05:21 AM   #724
Fifi
Navy Seal

Yes this game is designed for playing 1920X1080 otherwise things overlaps
Old 09-22-19, 04:23 PM   #725
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by succerpunch View Post
I have the problem of playing at low resolution so in the UZO or periscope stuff tends to overlap so I used to use the side bar that would allow me to calculate the range aob and speed but that is no longer there.

I also have another problem with the crew management, I cannot put crew on the flak gun when in crew management because the dials on the bar at the bottom overlap so when I try and drop a crewmen, I change my speed.
What type of display monitor are you using succerpunch? If it is LCD, do you know its "native" resolution? Windows will show that as "recommended". Do you know hat kind of graphics card you have? Do you know what cpu your computer has? You mention having 8 gig of ram in the computer, but do you know if your Windows OS is 64 or 32-bit? You can see some of that information on the Windows "System and Security / System" page. Lastly, what folder is your SH4 game installed in, and did you empty the "C:\Users \ Username \ Documents \ SH4" folder?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 02:06 AM   #726
succerpunch
Torpedoman

Games is installed in C:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4

I will attach my dxdiag for you.

dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/DRNvWw6x
Old 09-23-19, 04:00 AM   #727
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Games is installed in C:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4

I will attach my dxdiag for you.

dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/DRNvWw6x
Your machine seems fine for OM even though it’s not the best CPU...

Why don’t you change your resolution to 1920X1080? It will solve all your graphic issue overlapping stuff
Old 09-23-19, 06:12 AM   #728
propbeanie

He has more horsepower with his 9550 quad than I do on my desktop... I do have another question though, in the lines:
Quote:
Monitor Model: SMS19A100
Monitor Id: SAM0867
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.790Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
the monitor's "Native Mode" looks like a laptop, is that correct? You might not find an exact setting in Silent Hunter 4, but you want to choose a 16:9 ratio in the neighborhood, like 1360x765 at 60Hz, from inside the game. You want your Windows settings to match the Native resolution of 1366x768, which is what it looks like DXDiag is reporting you have it at. You set the game's resolution from the main menu, "Options" and then "Graphic Settings", and the drop-down box in the upper-left. You usually have to scroll almost to the bottom of the list. If you've already done that, sorry about the reiteration... He might not be able to drive his display at 1080p Fifi.

Old 09-23-19, 06:24 AM   #729
succerpunch
Torpedoman

I play on a desktop, I use a HDMI to VGA converter so it says i can go to 1920x1080 but my native in 1366x768.
Old 09-23-19, 06:29 AM   #730
propbeanie

Do you have SH4 set to match that resolution then? Are you on an older LCD display, or TV then? Does it have a VGA or DVI connector that you could use instead? I am not familiar with the way the HDMI works, other than it does restrict certain things from happening.

Old 09-23-19, 07:50 AM   #731
succerpunch
Torpedoman

It is an LCD display that only has a vga in.
Old 09-23-19, 01:15 PM   #732
propbeanie

Eh... DXDiag reports are so strange... I saw "Output Type: HDMI" and equated that to use of an HDMI cable for connection - but it's for "Output"...

Have you tried to change settings in Silent Hunter, and if so, how does it do, or had you already tried that?

Old 09-23-19, 02:21 PM   #733
succerpunch
Torpedoman

Okay so I manged to run the game at 1920x1080 with no problems. YAY.

it all works now.

Just a few other bug/things I noticed while playing:

• In the recognition manual the default nation is Japan. it is possible to make it Britain or merchants?
  • Under British ships in the manual three cruisers have white images, the "Dorsetshire Heavy Cruiser", "Kent Heavy Cruiser" and the "London Heavy Crusier".
  • One of the missions I get given is to photo recon freemantle in Australia...?
  • If I start in the 1st Flotilla I get a Type 2 Uboat, when it gives me the option to upgrade my boat, it gives me another Type 2 and when it gives me the option again it gives me another Type 2... it is April 1941 and I still have a Type 2. It would be nice to upgrade to a VIIb or VIIc.
  • When I get promotted all it says is "MESSAGE N/A: Unit retired & Good player performance." which doesnt make sense.
  • When you submarine is hit and sinks to the bottom of the ocean but the damage is repairable you cant repair. you bounce up and down until you sub is really broken and the game ends, is there away to stop damage from bottoming out or just stop the bouncing part because it happens at 1x compression.
I will post more things/bugs as I notice them.

edit: is there away to go to the SH3 style of targeting.?
Old 09-23-19, 04:01 PM   #734
propbeanie

Quote:
Okay so I manged to run the game at 1920x1080 with no problems. YAY.

it all works now.

Just a few other bug/things I noticed while playing:

• In the recognition manual the default nation is Japan. it is possible to make it Britain or merchants?
  • Under British ships in the manual three cruisers have white images, the "Dorsetshire Heavy Cruiser", "Kent Heavy Cruiser" and the "London Heavy Crusier".
  • One of the missions I get given is to photo recon freemantle in Australia...?
  • If I start in the 1st Flotilla I get a Type 2 Uboat, when it gives me the option to upgrade my boat, it gives me another Type 2 and when it gives me the option again it gives me another Type 2... it is April 1941 and I still have a Type 2. It would be nice to upgrade to a VIIb or VIIc.
  • When I get promotted all it says is "MESSAGE N/A: Unit retired & Good player performance." which doesnt make sense.
  • When you submarine is hit and sinks to the bottom of the ocean but the damage is repairable you cant repair. you bounce up and down until you sub is really broken and the game ends, is there away to stop damage from bottoming out or just stop the bouncing part because it happens at 1x compression.
I will post more things/bugs as I notice them.

edit: is there away to go to the SH3 style of targeting.?
You can also choose from several subs at Kiel, so long as you choose the correct Flotilla. There should not be any "upgrades" in OM, other than to one of the new boats late-war, other than an occasional gun upgrade. There are however, transfers. Did you empty your Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) or use MultiSH4 to make a new one? You have to clear that out, else you'll have a mish-mash of game files. The message for them "retiring" you is rather cryptic, but it means that you did good, but there are no more missions to give you for the boat, Therefore you are "retired"... We'll try to change that phrasing.

The Mission "photo recon freemantle in Australia" is a "fall-through" when the game cannot find a valid mission to assign. What boat were you in, what was your home port or base, what was the date, and do you remember your previous assignment?

Old 09-23-19, 04:26 PM   #735
Fifi
Navy Seal

it’s not the same game as us

1) as designed
2)
3) known bug
4) as Propbeanie said. You just started, and you are already in April 41?
5)
6) You can lay down at 0 Knots speed without damages (i do it). If you are on bottom at 500m, you are dead and no need to repair.
Édit: No