SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-10, 12:32 AM   #1
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

[REL] new UI for SH5 (BETA)

NEW VERSION (0.3.0)!

Pre-requisites:

YOU MUST BE PATCHED TO THE LATEST VERSION RELEASED BY UBISOFT. Run your game updater (\Ubisoft\SilentHunter5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe ) to see if you are running the latest version of the game or not.

This will replace the new UI in SH5 with a more familiar SH4 style. From the readme file '\MODS\NewUI_0_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith\Documentation\N ewUI_0_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith.txt':

New UI for SH5
BETA v0.3.0
by TheDarkWraith

This mod will give an old SH4 look to the new SH5 game. It totally replaces the default UI.
The dials can be customized by using a different .dds file. See the readme.txt file in \Dials.
The dials have two states.
The first dial has the states of: engine order telegraph and speed.
The second dial has states of heading and rudder angle (though angle displayed on dial doesn't match rudder deflection currently. Still sorting that out).
The third dial has states of shallow depth and deep depth.
To change states simply click on the button below the dial.
The dials will expand when the mouse is inside them and they will contract when mouse is outside them (like zoom in/out). Individual zoom levels can be set for throttle, speed, heading, rudder, depth260, and depth25. In the file (\data\Scripts\Menu\Page layout.py) find this section and change these values:
#
# Base Zoom levels
BaseZoomThrottle = 200 #(for throttle)
BaseZoomSpeed = 200 #(for speed)
BaseZoomHeading = 200 #(for heading)
BaseZoomRudder = 200 #(for rudder)
BaseZoomDepth260 = 200 #(for depth260)
BaseZoomDepth25 = 200 #(for depth25)
User can lock out dials from zooming by adjust these values in the file (\data\Scripts\Menu\Page layout.py):
#
ThrottleCanZoom = True #(set to false to disable zooming)
SpeedCanZoom = True #(set to false to disable zooming)
HeadingCanZoom = True #(set to false to disable zooming)
RudderCanZoom = True #(set to false to disable zooming)
Depth260CanZoom = True #(set to false to disable zooming)
Depth25CanZoom = True #(set to false to disable zooming)
The animation rate of the dials expanding/contracting can also be changed. Find this section in the file (\data\Scripts\Menu\Page layout.py):
#
# rate at which dials grow and shrink (in seconds)
DialsAnimationSpeed = 0.10 (change this value to change animation rate)
There are three versions of the TDC included - All dials, minimal dials, and no TDC. All dials will take control of the functionality of the SH5 interface for a torpoedo solution (and associated controls in the SH5 stock UI are removed). Minimal dials just exposes the dials not exposed by the stock SH5 UI and also uses the stock UI. No TDC removes the TDC from the mod. The TDC interfaces have been included on the obs periscope, attack periscope, and UZO. The mod defaults to minimal dials TDC.
To install All dials:
navigate to where you unzipped the mod to and open it up. Open up the folder 'TDC'. Select the folder 'All Dials' and open it up. Right click on 'data' folder and select copy. Navigate back to where you unzipped the mod to and open it back up. Select the 'MODS' folder and open it up. Select the 'NewUI_0_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith' folder and open it up. Right click in any empty area and select paste. Say yes to all confirmation messages. Navigate back to where you unzipped the mod to and open it back up. Select the 'MODS' folder and right click on it. Select copy. Navigate to your '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\' folder and open it up. Right click in an empty area and select paste. Enable via JSGME (this assumes you setup JSGME to use the 'MODS' folder as default).
To install minimal dials:
navigate to where you unzipped the mod to and open it up. Open up the folder 'TDC'. Select the folder 'Minimal Dials' and open it up. Right click on 'data' folder and select copy. Navigate back to where you unzipped the mod to and open it back up. Select the 'MODS' folder and open it up. Select the 'NewUI_0_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith' folder and open it up. Right click in any empty area and select paste. Say yes to all confirmation messages. Navigate back to where you unzipped the mod to and open it back up. Select the 'MODS' folder and right click on it. Select copy. Navigate to your '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\' folder and open it up. Right click in an empty area and select paste. Enable via JSGME (this assumes you setup JSGME to use the 'MODS' folder as default).
To install No TDC:
navigate to where you unzipped the mod to and open it up. Open up the folder 'TDC'. Select the folder 'No TDC' and open it up. Right click on 'data' folder and select copy. Navigate back to where you unzipped the mod to and open it back up. Select the 'MODS' folder and open it up. Select the 'NewUI_0_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith' folder and open it up. Right click in any empty area and select paste. Say yes to all confirmation messages. Navigate back to where you unzipped the mod to and open it back up. Select the 'MODS' folder and right click on it. Select copy. Navigate to your '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\' folder and open it up. Right click in an empty area and select paste. Enable via JSGME (this assumes you setup JSGME to use the 'MODS' folder as default).

A BIG thanks to maerean_m for information and assistance he gave in helping me make the TDC come to life for the obs periscope, attack periscope, and UZO. Thanks again!!

The default text is English. There is a new folder called '\Text'. In it you will find folders of all the different languages I have for the mod. Navigate to you language and then copy the menu.txt file and paste in '\MODS\NewUI_0_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu'. Then copy the 'MODS' folder to your '\Ubisoft\SilentHunter5\' folder (this assumes that you setup JSGME to use the MODS folder as default). Enable via JSGME.
Current languages supported by this are:
English
German
French

Thanks to UrPeaceKeeper for information he provided. Without the information of 'German layout stuff' I'd still be scratching my head wondering why items weren't showing up. That little bit of info shed the light that made this possible!! Thanks again.

Contributors:
briklebritt - new dials. You can find them under \Dials\German\metric_briklebritt (these are the default dials used in this mod). His mod can be found under \Included mods from others\dials_briklebritt. His documentation file can be found under \Included mods from others\dials_briklebritt\documentation. He also contributed to German translations in menu.txt file.
idl0r - German translations of menu items added in menu.txt file.
TLT - French translation of menu.txt file.
FLB Sale U999 - used his TDC_metric.dds file for the dials in the TDC

WARNING:
Some buttons cause erratic behavior. Some buttons cause CTDs. Do not press the crew tab or any button under the crew tab, you will CTD! I do not have a list of all the buttons that work or don't work. The reason that some buttons have this erratic or CTD behavior is because the script files need some work done on them. It's not a little work either - it'll take some digging. But in the meantime I thought I would share what has been accomplished so far. Enjoy!
To install:
This is JSGME ready. Navigate to where you unzipped the mod to and open it up. Select the 'MODS' folder and right click on it. Select copy. Navigate to your '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\' folder and open it up. Right click in an empty area and select paste. Enable via JSGME.
(this assumes you setup JSGME to use the 'MODS' folder as default)

Changelog:
v0.1.0 - first BETA release
v0.1.1 - fixed missing tooltips for Battery level, CO2 level, Fuel level, and compressed air level
- made dials customizable by using a new Dials.dds file (\data\Menu\Gui)
- the background that the dials are attached to and the battery,fuel,CO2,and compressed air can be customized by using a new hud.dds file (\data\menu\Gui)
- change structure of folders in the files to use only \data\menu\Gui instead of \data\menu\Skins\American(or German)\Gui\Layout
- fixed folder structure of zip file so that people unfamiliar with JSGME will find it easy to install this mod
- same bugs/CTDs exist as before. Still working on them. Should have these removed soon.
v0.2.0 - new dials supplied by briklebritt used as default dials
- added folder '\Included mods from others'. You can find their complete mod there along with documentation (if supplied)
- added ability for dials to zoom in/out
v0.2.1 - added new folder called '\Text'. In it contains folders of all the different languages I have for this mod.
- renamed some global variables in Page layout.py to give better understanding of purpose
- fixed 'stuttering' problem with dials when mousing in/out
- fixed problem of other dials zooming in when one already zoomed in. User must mouse out of zoomed dial to be able to mouse in to another one
- zoomed dials dynamically reposition themselves when zoomed in to prevent any part of them from going offscreen (either the right edge or the bottom)
- changed when the map tools expand in the Page Default Hud.py file. They were set to expand when the map was in the 'Maximized' state. Now they expand in the 'TAI' state (which is first click of expand arrow on map)
- Default size of map on first click of expand arrow has been increased from default width and height to width = PageDefaultHud_Feedback_MapTools.Height + PageDefaultHud_Feedback_DepthGroup.Height and height = PageDefaultHud_Feedback_MapTools.Height + PageDefaultHud_Feedback_DepthGroup.Height thus making the map size the height and width of the expanded map tools and the DepthGroup's combined height to it's left (aesthetics)
- Each dial (and each dial's state) has it's own zoom level. User can change these to suit their liking
- Animation rate of zoom in/out can be changed by user to suit their liking
- Messages box moved to just left of battery/CO2/Fuel/Compressed air box
- Item notes moved to just above dials
- other items moved so as to not interfere with items moved by this mod
- New values for the dials (when you click on a dial to order it to a new depth, speed, etc.) now don't show up as 'small' hands. They appear as the size they should.
- Changed folder structure of mod. This mod now incorporates a MODS folder so end user can easily copy to their \Ubisoft\SilentHunter5\MODS folder.
- added the 'standard' depth controls back (located under the map controls just left of the map). Disabled the 'advanced' controls associated with map
- added FLB Sale U 999's torpedo spread angle dial to UZO and attack periscope
v0.3.0 - removed FLB Sale U 999's torpedo spread angle dial
- added TDC with all dials to obs scope, attack periscope, and UZO!
- centered Periscope and Observation scope oculars in the screen
- moved some TDC dials lower in the display and adjusted x offsets to the sides since centering oculars
- removed unneeded items from display in attack and observation scope pages
- added ability to lock out dials from zooming. Mod defaults to all dials able to zoom.
- added depth under keel display (old SH5 interface item)
- added the abilitiy to use TDC all dials, TDC minimal dials, or no TDC. Mod defaults to TDC minimal dials.
- fixed bug where if user has a dial zoomed and mouses over another dial and the previous dial zoomes out and user orders command on this dial the new value would show in the zoomed state
- fixed bug where dials and all would show outside of the mission game state

TheDarkWraith

main screen:

no dials UZO:

no dials attack periscope:

no dials obs scope:

minimal dials UZO:

minimal dials attack scope:

minimal dials obs scope:

all dials UZO:

all dials attack scope:

all dials obs scope:

new version (0_3_0) available here: http://www.filefront.com/15824819/Ne...DarkWraith.7z/

TheDarkWraith

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-14-10 at 02:28 AM.
Old 03-05-10, 12:33 AM   #2
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

reserved by TheDarkWraith for bug posting

3/5/2010 Bug and Addition list

CTDs:
- Crew Tab - TO BE REMOVED
- Search pattern button - TO BE REMOVED

Buggy:
- All go-to position buttons except Command Room - TO BE REMOVED
- Recognition manual - TO BE REMOVED

No work:
- Emergency right maneuver - INVESTIGATING
- Emergency left maneuver - INVESTIGATING
- Clock - INVESTIGATING

Aesthetics:
- moving map tools down and having it expand upwards (posted by gutted)

Upcoming Additions (being researched):
- Looking into making dials grow in size when moused over
- Looking into moving some dials to slideout style
- Adding popups to those controls missing them
- moving clock from top right down to bottom left
- moving time compression from top right down to bottom left

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-05-10 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-05-10, 12:34 AM   #3
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Downloading, thank you!
Old 03-05-10, 12:35 AM   #4
R-T-B
Sparky

Downloads: 324

Great work!
Old 03-05-10, 12:35 AM   #5
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Awesome thanks!

I was sitting in port waiting for this when i found out you were releasing the test of it tonight,

Going to try it right now.
Old 03-05-10, 12:38 AM   #6
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

soon as I get confirmation that someone was able to install it and run it then I'll head off to bed......
Old 03-05-10, 12:44 AM   #7
UberMatz
Sailor man

Downloads: 19

You Sir are awesome!!
Old 03-05-10, 12:51 AM   #8
gutted
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
soon as I get confirmation that someone was able to install it and run it then I'll head off to bed......
I'm using 1680x1050 and everything looks as it should.

awesome .. now go to bed.
Old 03-05-10, 12:52 AM   #9
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
It works.

I'm using 1680x1050 and everything looks as it should.

excellent! I'm off to bed......
Old 03-05-10, 12:56 AM   #10
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Sleep well sir and thanks!
Old 03-05-10, 12:57 AM   #11
gutted
The Old Man

could i make one small request?

Old 03-05-10, 12:58 AM   #12
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
could i make one small request?

expand it and you'll see why it's placed where it is........
Old 03-05-10, 12:59 AM   #13
gutted
The Old Man

Yes i know it expands.. but the stock one expands up, yours expands down. Was hoping you could make it expand up again, and move it down to a more aesthetic place.

the arrows in my pic were to show the direction of expansion.

p.s. just giving friendly suggestions.
Old 03-05-10, 01:03 AM   #14
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Looks great, very useable. There are bugs you know of and should forget about for the night. It makes the game infinitely more playable.

You also got the Radio working!!! I have many GBs of mods for that
Old 03-05-10, 01:09 AM   #15
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

We have to mod out the sonar, radar, deck and flak gun icon. Those bring you out of your ship. Mod out or link properly. Awesome work. Huge headway, if any one complains they should be sent here and see whats been done in 3 days of the release..
Closed Thread