SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-22-20, 03:53 PM   #46
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

You have what I would call normal dreams, which mine ain't, well some of them.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 05:18 PM   #47
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

@ the beast: did you see this photo for the first time before or after the dream?
Old 10-22-20, 07:46 PM   #48
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I figured out what dreams really are.
When you go to sleep your mind allows you to cross parallel universes and time.
So you, in fact, are living a different life of yourself. Only some where else in time and space!
Once you wake up the connection is broken so you quickly forget what you thought was a dream.
Now. While your sleeping. Does another 'you' visit your mind?

Should be included in an up coming Aliens episode.
Old 10-22-20, 07:56 PM   #49
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I came out of my body as if I were shot out of a cannon. Flying straight up into the sky which transitioned into another world with lots of geometrical and kailascopic designs everywhere. There I saw a dozen dancing gnomes which looked just like the one on that travelocity commercial but much more animated, happier and all being goofy. They kept asking me if I wanted to stay. I wanted too but I had to go back and make breakfast. I like omelets with salsa.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 08:47 PM   #50
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I came out of my body as if I were shot out of a cannon. Flying straight up into the sky which transitioned into another world with lots of geometrical and kailascopic designs everywhere. There I saw a dozen dancing gnomes which looked just like the one on that travelocity commercial but much more animated, happier and all being goofy. They kept asking me if I wanted to stay.

That sounds almost identical to a description of a DMT trip I once heard on an audio cassette recording of a lecture given by Terence McKenna.

They say DMT is produced naturally in the human brain, so I guess that's normal.
Old 10-23-20, 03:00 AM   #51
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I came out of my body as if I were shot out of a cannon. Flying straight up into the sky which transitioned into another world with lots of geometrical and kailascopic designs everywhere. There I saw a dozen dancing gnomes which looked just like the one on that travelocity commercial but much more animated, happier and all being goofy. They kept asking me if I wanted to stay. I wanted too but I had to go back and make breakfast. I like omelets with salsa.

You're obviously drinking the same stuff as me

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 04:45 AM   #52
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

I thought absinthe was banned in Northhumbria!
Quote:
Belgium banned absinthe in 1905, followed by Switzerland (1908), Holland (1910), the U.S. (1912) and finally France in 1915. Spain was the only European country that kept the spirit legal. The ban on absinthe, and all things wormwood, lasted for decades.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 08:53 AM   #53
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Anyone here talk in their sleep?

Moira's started talking loudly in her sleep... started a few weeks ago. I used to get a rest from it at night, but now....

It's never been anything I should worry about (so far)... like last night she was yelling about a trellis in the garden

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 01-13-21 at 10:56 AM.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 09:08 AM   #54
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post

Recently I was dreaming that I was in some sort of cave/office (you know how dreams are). The only light was dim and seemed to come from above and behind me. I saw a person walking from the far side of the cave toward one of the office doors. Being the jerk that I am and 'knowing' this person could not see me, I decided to scare him. I ran toward the person and when I got near I jumped into the air and yelled as loud as I could.

So loud, in fact, that I woke myself up. I was actually yelling. But as I awoke I heard what sounded nothing at all like the sound I was making in my dream. It was ... creepy. My wife (who was already awake) immediately asked me if I was okay in a worried tone. I laughed and said "Yes. It was a dream."

This happened to me once before, years ago.

Old 01-13-21, 11:00 AM   #55
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

^ Yes, I've had that... in your dream you are shouting in a loud, manly voice at a German sentry or suchlike as you attack him... but when you wake yourself up in the middle of all this you are squealing like a girl with her pigtails caught
Old 01-13-21, 01:07 PM   #56
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

I still have one bad dream to this day that wakes me in terror and sweat: I'm sleeping in the sleeper of my 18-wheeler(lived 3 years in one) and I sense the truck is rolling-brakes unset-and I cannot open the heavy vinyl curtain to reach the wheel or airbrake button in time. Obviously a latent case of PTBS! https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...6&postcount=44

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-14-21 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-13-21, 04:03 PM   #57
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Are you also naked in this dream? I think we should have another squirrel thread, in which you guys are ushered into my cosy study by Moira and sat down in a comfy armchair by the fire... whereupon I proceed to unravel these tortured dreams, and tell you what it all means

Now that would probably be complete and utter PTBS!
Old 01-13-21, 04:45 PM   #58
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Are you also naked in this dream? I think we should have another squirrel thread, in which you guys are ushered into my cosy study by Moira and sat down in a comfy armchair by the fire... whereupon I proceed to unravel these tortured dreams, and tell you what it all means

Now that would probably be complete and utter PTBS!
As I pointed out in Neal's trukkin' thread, living in an 18-wheeler is like the conning tower of a sub. You're "hot bunking" with a co-driver right out of truck school who can kill you from inexperience...always at 02:00 AM; the engine is beside the driver, always running: the heater in winter(-30 F.) and AC in summer(110 F.)( & Y I'm deaf) so fully attired=SOP with boots nearby, preferably high roping-heeled Llamas for eighteen hours of throttle control comfort on the right ankle. Truck cabs tend to catch fire; so remaining dressed except for jacket and easy-on boots is normal. Bathing on the third day at a truckstop is mandatory. Your diesel-stench imbued wardrobe is kept separate from your closetted garments. Ahhh the '70's!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-14-21 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-13-21, 05:07 PM   #59
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Which makes my point nicely: when you suddenly find yourself stark bollock naked in a queue at the Post Office, or anywhere else where you really ought to be wearing clothes... then you can bet you are dreaming and in need of some counselling from me

At least I hope you are dreaming
Old 01-13-21, 06:44 PM   #60
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:

Moira's started talking loudly in her sleep... started a few weeks ago. I used to get a rest from it at night, but now....

It's never been anything I should worry about (so far)... like last night she was yelling about a trellis in the garden

If she calls out my name, we are just good friends.