SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-07, 10:37 AM   #31
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Rubini, You have a PM !
poor sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 11:11 AM   #32
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Testing GWX v1.03 right now but am definitely interested in a 16km mod

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 11:21 AM   #33
poor sailor
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
How it's going with 1.03? Will soon be released?
Old 03-23-07, 11:40 AM   #34
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor sailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
How it's going with 1.03? Will soon be released?
Very soon now....possibly within the week

Old 03-23-07, 11:48 AM   #35
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
I'm now using 16km mod but looking for your mod and then will start to use 8km mod. I'm now started patrol in WaW and cannot try your beta mod, sorry, maybe if finish patrol earlier I'll contact you to send the mod to me. Also Ducimus sensors mod from NYGM is for 16km and I'm using it right now, but as I said looking for your mod to be released. Thanks for your work!
[/quote]
So, I must do disable in JSGME Ducimus sensors mod from NYGM and then GWX 16km mod and I may use your mod in the middle of patrol?! If so this will be great, In my patrol grid there is convoys and I will test your mod well.[/quote]

Well, this new mod can be enabled middle patrol without problems...but I dunno about Ducimus files and the Env/scene dat. I guess that is better to you to wait a new patrol.:hmm:

Or just try it. If your patrol don´t start after all you always can redone yours changes using JSGME...

Later i will also provide a version with Ducimus' files.
Old 03-23-07, 11:58 AM   #36
poor sailor
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Quote:
I'm now using 16km mod but looking for your mod and then will start to use 8km mod. I'm now started patrol in WaW and cannot try your beta mod, sorry, maybe if finish patrol earlier I'll contact you to send the mod to me. Also Ducimus sensors mod from NYGM is for 16km and I'm using it right now, but as I said looking for your mod to be released. Thanks for your work!
So, I must do disable in JSGME Ducimus sensors mod from NYGM and then GWX 16km mod and I may use your mod in the middle of patrol?! If so this will be great, In my patrol grid there is convoys and I will test your mod well.[/quote]

Well, this new mod can be enabled middle patrol without problems...but I dunno about Ducimus files and the Env/scene dat. I guess that is better to you to wait a new patrol.:hmm:

Or just try it. If your patrol don´t start after all you always can redone yours changes using JSGME...

Later i will also provide a version with Ducimus' files.[/QUOTE]
Well, the Ducimus mod contains directories: air, cfg, library, sea and in that directories are only the sensors files. Maybe I could try it to disable that mod and the GWX 16km mod and then install your mod, or to wait?:hmm: Anyway You could send me the mod by e-mail I sent to you in PM.
Old 03-23-07, 12:47 PM   #37
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

@poor sailor
Email sent!

=============================
I myself have the first feedback:

I noticed one problem (in truth a Sh3 engine problem):

Looking at external camera or even when you are at the Observation tower, Sh3 don´t show anything in front of you in angle of more or less 120 to 150 degrees until you reach 5500m from the ship in a light fogged day. This is ok.. But on the edges you can see sometimes a smoke more than 8km even with light fog.
So, for the same weather condition you have in truth 2 possible distances to see things on the horizon (SH3 stock engine bug). The first one, more short, is the correct in this case - 5500m for a clear light fogged day. The second one, on the edges, is the wrong one, more than 8000m for a clear light fogged day. (we are speaking about 8km installations)

So the fix will works for the first correct situation. But not for the second wrong one. Anyway this is more noticiable only on the above condition and is far better than the GWX original or stock anyway, where your crew only will detect the ships 3500m away on this case. The fix will detect them 5400m away.
Old 03-23-07, 01:11 PM   #38
EmeAzul
US Navy LT

Downloads: 582
Default Very Interested in the 16Km Version

Rubini, Oi Paulista! I'm very encouraged by your results thus far on the 8Km version, so when you have a chance to do the same with the 16Km version, I would be really interested. I'm not sure I would be a good tester for you, since I use so many mods over GWX 1.02 (40 & counting), but I'll give it a shot if you like.

As much as I would like to return to the Pacific (SH1 & SH2-PA), due to computer limitations, I'll be staying with SH3 for the foreseable future. No doubt there are others in the same "boot", as well as folks who prefer the increasingly higher tension of the Atlantic war. Chau
EmeAzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 02:01 PM   #39
poor sailor
XO

Well, I'm successeful installed your mod. Now finishing my WaW patrol with your visual and hydrophone settings. Also I installed your mix mod for lighter 8km and open hatch by diving duck. First experience I had with airplane, (1943 year, have a FUMO30 installed) crew tells me "Aircraft spotted" at 5.5km on map (calm sea, clear night without clouds), and I immediately crash dived safely. Now looking for ships. Thanks for your work, I will posted the results but only I haven't external camera enabled but I think that is no need.
Old 03-23-07, 03:08 PM   #40
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Well, I'm successeful installed your mod. Now finishing my WaW patrol with your visual and hydrophone settings. Also I installed your mix mod for lighter 8km and open hatch by diving duck. First experience I had with airplane, (1943 year, have a FUMO30 installed) crew tells me "Aircraft spotted" at 5.5km on map (calm sea, clear night without clouds), and I immediately crash dived safely. Now looking for ships. Thanks for your work, I will posted the results but only I haven't external camera enabled but I think that is no need.
Thanks mate!

All the settings can be fine adjust if needed. In game is always slight different from the results that we get on a controled "always the same group of environments".
The airplanes spotting issue can be easily adjusted.
Old 03-23-07, 05:25 PM   #41
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

Mail report sent

SO seems to have a gap between - in this first case - 25.5km and 10.0km, where he reports "No sounds contact, Sir!" Tried different depth with same result. After picking up sound again at 10km, he was able to keep it.

All the way to "She's going down...."
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 06:56 PM   #42
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

I setted all the hydrophones to max range=30000 and precise range=28000 on the files that you are using. In my tests they always get the contact and follow them correctly.

Let´s wait more reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster
Mail report sent

SO seems to have a gap between - in this first case - 25.5km and 10.0km, where he reports "No sounds contact, Sir!" Tried different depth with same result. After picking up sound again at 10km, he was able to keep it.

All the way to "She's going down...."
Old 03-24-07, 05:11 AM   #43
shegeek72
WAV

Downloads: 94

Eagerly waiting for this one! The dumb crew was always a liability.
--

sub skin, many sound tweaks, new video card (woopee!)
shegeek72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 02:05 PM   #44
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Second report.

Type VIIb (using DD awesome new interiors!)
Jan 31, 1940
Grid AM53
6m/s, partial cloudy, light fog, day time.

Received 2 convoy radio reports but at long distance.
Then ordered to 25m to try any other contact.
As soon as the boat was at 12m my SO listenned a single contact 17km SSE medium speed!
Ok. Surfaced and start to run full ahead to intercept the target.
Minutes later my WO: visual contact at 5700 200degree. I barely could see the smoke in horizon! Bingo! the mod is working!

More some minutes later I ordered PD to start the submerged torpedo procedures...then my SO: Sound contact Sir! merchant bering 021, long range. He listenned a convoy 27km away! Bingo again!

It´s a pleasure to have a smart and well trainned crew now!
This is now a challenge game as it should be since the first day!

Rubini.
Old 03-24-07, 03:31 PM   #45
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Second report.

Type VIIb (using DD awesome new interiors!)
Jan 31, 1940
Grid AM53
6m/s, partial cloudy, light fog, day time.

Received 2 convoy radio reports but at long distance.
Then ordered to 25m to try any other contact.
As soon as the boat was at 12m my SO listenned a single contact 17km SSE medium speed!
Ok. Surfaced and start to run full ahead to intercept the target.
Minutes later my WO: visual contact at 5700 200degree. I barely could see the smoke in horizon! Bingo! the mod is working!

More some minutes later I ordered PD to start the submerged torpedo procedures...then my SO: Sound contact Sir! merchant bering 021, long range. He listenned a convoy 27km away! Bingo again!

It´s a pleasure to have a smart and well trainned crew now!
This is now a challenge game as it should be since the first day!

Rubini.
Congrats Rubini
Don't forget the 16km pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze