SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-21, 10:48 AM   #7321
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Sooner or later this China virus could produce a variant that is resistant to all the vaccines available and it could be a bigger killer than what we've already seen.
Our Tory government didn't act swiftly enough to put India on the red list and if they keep getting things wrong like this they will cost lives and possibly millions of them.

I don't see the logic in going on holiday and cruises as you're just inviting the virus to change, the more different bodies it comes into contact with the more chance of a more deadly version to appear.

I am the harbinger of doom.
Old 06-11-21, 11:03 AM   #7322
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ I have mentioned this a couple of times in this thread-A fear that this Corona Virus may mutate so the vaccine we have today will have no effect and the mutation would become much more deadly.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 04:57 AM   #7323
Moonlight
Admiral

LAB 'LEAK' WHO chief says Wuhan Covid lab leak theory can’t be ruled out and insists China should help solve the ‘origin’ of virus

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/152546...tedros-origin/

This currant has changed his view, he reminds me of a politician who votes for whatever view is more popular even when it goes against everything they believe in, you can't be trusted you pillock.
Old 06-13-21, 10:12 AM   #7324
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Don't how it looks like in your country.

Here in Denmark a sign of A and B people are on the rise. People who for some reason don't want the vaccine is being treated like the Jews was before and during WWII. See it daily on FB.

I myself will have the vaccine I'll wait though a year or so. This to monitor the longterm side effects.

Now following could be classified as Conspiracy.

Could this Vaccine been on it's way long before we learned about Corona and Covid-19. Here I'm thinking about the Lab-theory ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 11:56 AM   #7325
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 11:57 AM   #7326
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-14-21, 12:23 PM   #7327
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Boris Johnson confirms a four-week delay to the lifting of all restrictions in England beyond 21 June.

Capacity limits for sports, pubs and cinemas will remain, and nightclubs will stay closed.

The delay is designed to allow more people to be vaccinated and have second doses amid rising cases of the Delta variant.

Businesses are fearful of further heavy losses and the clubbing trade body is threatening legal action.

Headache, sore throat, runny nose are now the most commonly reported symptoms linked to Covid infection in the UK, researchers say.

India has reported 70,421 new infections - its lowest number since 31 March and down from a peak of about 400,000 daily cases in May.

Old 06-15-21, 08:59 AM   #7328
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

All adults in England should be able to book their Covid-19 jab by the end of this week, NHS boss Sir Simon Stevens says.

He says vaccine supply is constrained, so the NHS is pacing itself, but it is time to finish the job.

It's unlikely Scotland will move to level 0 - near normal - restrictions on 28 June, with a final decision due next week, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says.

The regrettable delay to easing lockdown in England is so that the government does not find it has to reverse its decision, Cabinet minister Michael Gove says.

Industry figures say live music, theatre and other events have been dealt a "hammer blow" by the delay.

Without delay, it's possible the country could have returned to hundreds of deaths a day, Sage scientist Professor Graham Medley says.

The PM confirmed on Monday that there would be a four-week delay to the lifting of all restrictions beyond 21 June due to the rapid spread of the Delta variant.

There were 108 deaths registered involving Covid-19 in the week ending 4 June 2021, two more than the previous week, ONS figures show.

Old 06-15-21, 09:06 AM   #7329
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Meanwhile in Europe

France starts Covid vaccinations for 12-17-year-olds today, but under strict conditions. Both parents have to agree to the vaccination and one of them has to be present. The only vaccine approved so far for under 15s in the EU is the Pfizer-BioNTech drug.

The EU's 27 countries have carried out 300 million vaccinations so far, according to European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen. She’s tweeted that enough doses have now been delivered “to vaccinate 70% of adults in the EU next month”.

France play Germany in Munich this evening in the European Championships and French police have been urged by the government to show leniency towards the public in enforcing the 23:00 overnight curfew after the final whistle goes. But Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin says that leniency should only apply to people returning home after the match and not as a licence to prolong their parties.

Dutch Covid officials are weighing up a swifter end to the requirement to wear masks in public places such as shops and restaurants, because of falling infection rates. The same debate is being held in Germany where infection rates are at their lowest for eight months.

Italy has recorded fewer than 1,000 daily infections for the first time since last September. More than 500 patients are still in intensive care and another 36 deaths were recorded yesterday.

The Spanish capital Madrid is to reopen nightclubs and cocktail bars until 03:00 from 21 June, that’s two hours later than now. However, capacity has to to kept to 50% of usual numbers.

Old 06-15-21, 09:14 AM   #7330
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-15-21, 09:18 PM   #7331
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Jon Stewart's take on what happened.

Old 06-16-21, 12:26 PM   #7332
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-17-21, 06:11 AM   #7333
Moonlight
Admiral

The Chinese are at it again, if the WHO had put as much effort into getting rid of this China virus than China has in denying it the China virus would be just a horrible memory by now, I can't wait for Mr Xi wotsisname to call a press conference and say "It was aliens that did it and not yanks and frogs".

ERASING HISTORY Covid emerged in America and France BEFORE Wuhan and should be probed as a bioweapon, claim Chinese scientists
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/worldn...se-scientists/
Old 06-17-21, 06:21 AM   #7334
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

After reporting an efficiency of only 47%, the second German vaccine by Curevac from Thübingen probably will never make it onto the market. Stock values of the company are in free fall as investors stare with icy eyes into their mirrors, and see pure panic staring back.

Called three more doctors for the jab, all said nothing is available for the coming weeks and months. Reconnected again with the online portals of vaccination centres - they both said they have shut down the date-making, since no vaccines are availabe for first jabs, and that this will remain to be so for the next weeks at least. For June and July I have given it up now. It will be like I said in last winter: before winter 2021/22, there is no hope to get jabbed, no matter which vaccine.

Biontech and Johnson and Johnson said they have dramatically reduced projected numbers of doses delivered to germany in the next 2 months at least.

Spreading of the Indian variant is winnig in pace. If it continues like this I see the chance that this could become a shorter summer than many hope. But then, it is national elections this autumn, so they will delay unpopular measures. Which will help again the virus.

Also, many city centres and small and private businesses will not survive a fourth lockdown. Finances and debts for the state not even talked of.

The EU demands more powers given to it form the pandemic. It demands the power to declare a EU-wide state of health emergency authorizing it to govern over the heads of national parliaments. So, they have messed up drastically everything they did and where they intervened without formally being authorized and legally legitimtised to do, and this failure now becomes the excuse to give them even greater playfield and rights so that their future failures will cause even bigger harms or more far-reaching consequences.

Never let a crisis pass by unused.

In the old town and city centre of where I live, around every fourth shop and restaurant is gone, and some more are mulling to leave. Where new shops moved in already, they all are belonging to chain shops and big labels. Same for restaurant and food service: those who came new, all belong to fastfood chains.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-17-21 at 06:38 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 07:25 AM   #7335
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^ I have mentioned this a couple of times in this thread-A fear that this Corona Virus may mutate so the vaccine we have today will have no effect and the mutation would become much more deadly.

Markus
That's generally *not* how viruses mutate. They exist to do one thing only - replicate. Anything that hinders that (such as increasing the chance of killing the host) is not likely to happen. You'll note that the Indian variant is more contagious, yet hospitalizations and deaths have not increased as a result (above and beyond the amount that would be decreased as prevented by vaccinations).

Look at how the last major coronavirus with significant spread turned out - it's one of the endemic causes of the common cold. This'll turn out the same way.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan