SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-21-19, 09:38 AM   #7201
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

A couple of things you could do. Remove all mods and copy all of the "Data / Sea / ShipName / ShipName_shp.tga" files, and copy the "Data / Misc / UMark.tga" (the arrow for your sub submerged) file to a safe location, and then put them back in their respective folders after activating GWX, or find them elsewhere (such as a mod) and copy over the locations in GWX. GWX adds some ships, so you would have to substitute a tga for those. I am not real familiar with SH3 mods, other than the likes of mega-mods such as WAC, GWX, LSH, etc., and I have not tried any of the above... but I did stay at Holiday Inn Express last week... (tired old US joke). The UMark doesn't really help you much, and if you make a mark at the "dot" when you first see it, then do it again in 3 minutes, you have your course, and can calculate the ship's speed, so not having them really isn't that much... of course, I'm somewhat used to playing like that after 12 years of it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 10:58 AM   #7202
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
A couple of things you could do... of course, I'm somewhat used to playing like that after 12 years of it...
Thank you, now I can see the narrow; I copied "Data / Misc / UMark.tga" and it works.
I can not find "Data / Sea / ShipName / ShipName_shp.tga" file! Do you have other ideea?

It is very nice of you to always help those in need
Noobicum4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 12:31 PM   #7203
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobicum4Ever View Post
I can not find "Data / Sea / ShipName / ShipName_shp.tga" file! Do you have other ideea?:
shipname_shp.tga he meant any suitable folder ships. Example data/Sea/NDD/NDD_shp.tga
Old 09-21-19, 01:12 PM   #7204
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Exactly sort of like using a "variable" in a math equation - substitution... there are a lot of ships though...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 02:03 PM   #7205
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
shipname_shp.tga he meant any suitable folder ships. Example data/Sea/NDD/NDD_shp.tga
ops... thank you!
Old 09-22-19, 02:06 PM   #7206
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Exactly sort of like using a "variable" in a math equation - substitution... there are a lot of ships though...
I think the problem with the narrow is enough... I am so happy, I did my first mission. I sunked Duke of York, even it was not enough to save Scharnhorst I am verry excited. My first mission in GWX. This supermod has a lot of U-boat love to share, from the developers of the mod to players!
Really amazing work.

BTW, today i did some A-10 Thunderbolt II missions in Lock On, great day !
Old 09-25-19, 03:40 PM   #7207
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

1) When I try to open the "April Fool" mission, after it is loaded, the game closes and no longer enters the mission!
How can I open this mission?

2) In the mission "Curacao" I have two objectives: to sink tankers and to sink tonnage. Even though I sank all 6 ships, it does not appear to me that I complete the second objective, and only 5 sunked ships appear on the map. If I open Captain's Log, I can see all the 6 ships sunked!
I should have done something else on the mission or it's a problem with the game?
Old 10-18-19, 10:22 PM   #7208
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Default Circular contact report

Just had one of these, and I know a circle instead of a square means a sub is the lead ship.

But I also got no contact report for it, just the circle showing up that I happened to notice.

It also had no estimated speed, just time and direction.

Google turned up nothing; is this how such convoys are handled by GWX ? I.e. no contact report, no speed, etc. ?
Old 10-18-19, 10:55 PM   #7209
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Never mind; re-googlized it and got the answer. Not that it matters; upon intercept got a ctd.
Old 10-19-19, 05:32 AM   #7210
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72

Quote:
1) When I try to open the "April Fool" mission, after it is loaded, the game closes and no longer enters the mission!

2) In the mission "Curacao" I have two objectives: to sink tankers and to sink tonnage. Even though I sank all 6 ships, it does not appear to me that I complete the second objective, and only 5 sunked ships appear on the map. If I open Captain's Log, I can see all the 6 ships sunked!
I should have done something else on the mission or it's a problem with the game?
1) Probably game bug because mission is completed. Restart game for fix. 2) Probably you sunk one ship, then your distance from shipwreck was bigger than 50km, then sh3 restored shipwreck as "regular ghost ship" (sh3 known bug), and then probably you sank it again and meanwhile you lost another one.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-19, 10:31 AM   #7211
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:

An addition.

1) Open it like any other mission. There are no quirks in this mission. Your problem lies elsewhere.

2a) Your second objetive is "sink tonnage". Not "sink six ships". Go hunt more! There are more. I have seen a Clemson and one more Tanker in the area. So the second objective is possible. But only if you have the "normal" Campaign-files in use. If you use some "blank" Campaign-files for faster Loading Single-Missions you cant get it.

2b)

Technical: Curacao (GWX).mis
Tonnage need=52000
Tonnage for these six ships=47890
So the author of this mission must had intended this.

Greetings.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-19, 02:03 PM   #7212
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Let's test more single player missions. We will do work on mistakes.
Old 10-26-19, 08:28 AM   #7213
Niccerman
Swabbie

Downloads: 35

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Do you recommend to buy Silent Hunter III on Uplay or Steam for the easiest way to go about modding the game, especially GWX. And I can't seem to find proper download instructions anywhere, and I would really like to have some proper step-by-step guides as I have very little experience when it comes to modding these games. Any help/links would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Niccerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 09:31 AM   #7214
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccerman View Post
Hey guys, I have a quick question. Do you recommend to buy Silent Hunter III on Uplay or Steam for the easiest way to go about modding the game, especially GWX. And I can't seem to find proper download instructions anywhere, and I would really like to have some proper step-by-step guides as I have very little experience when it comes to modding these games. Any help/links would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

PM send
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 03:02 PM   #7215
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe Vollmaus View Post
An addition.

1) Open it like any other mission. There are no quirks in this mission. Your problem lies elsewhere.

2a) Your second objetive is "sink tonnage". Not "sink six ships". Go hunt more! There are more. I have seen a Clemson and one more Tanker in the area. So the second objective is possible. But only if you have the "normal" Campaign-files in use. If you use some "blank" Campaign-files for faster Loading Single-Missions you cant get it.

2b)

Technical: Curacao (GWX).mis
Tonnage need=52000
Tonnage for these six ships=47890
So the author of this mission must had intended this.

Greetings.

1. I finally managed to buy a new gaming laptop (Ryzen 7 3750H + 1660 Ti + 8GB Ram + SSD 256GB). I installed Silent Hunter III + GWX and found that I have the same problem with the mission (first problem). I thought about what you said: Your problem lies elsewhere. I thought about where the problem is and I realized that I had changed the recommended video card from the Nvidia Control Panel. I switched to the integrated video card and it works! I am very happy. I hope I will not have other problem. I really love GWX!

2. I will try to find more ships !