Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-10-11, 12:28 PM   #2011
Boris Blank
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Arrgggh - I've lost the email!

Junk folder is totally empty so I'm pretty much certain that I deleted your email sometime in the past week or thereabouts. Sorry about that, too much Festive spirit and too little attention to my email

...... and I'm about to be put in charge of a Tiger??!! I'm a danger to myself never mind the enemy
Old 01-10-11, 01:12 PM   #2012
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Blank View Post
Arrgggh - I've lost the email!

Junk folder is totally empty so I'm pretty much certain that I deleted your email sometime in the past week or thereabouts. Sorry about that, too much Festive spirit and too little attention to my email

...... and I'm about to be put in charge of a Tiger??!! I'm a danger to myself never mind the enemy
Don't worry Boris, I sent you another welcome message yesterday and if you
did not receive that one then I might have the wrong e-mail address. So,
please go to my web site and send me your e-mail address.

http://www.tanksimzw.com/contact.html

Hang in there kamerad,

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 02:42 PM   #2013
Boris Blank
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Bloody computers! Still not seeing the email

I've emailed you via your link above, sorry about this.

I can feel them Russians creeping up on me, need help badly, say again Kampfgruppe Boris needs help badly, over.
Old 01-11-11, 04:41 PM   #2014
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Blank View Post
Bloody computers! Still not seeing the email

I've emailed you via your link above, sorry about this.

I can feel them Russians creeping up on me, need help badly, say again Kampfgruppe Boris needs help badly, over.
Ok Boris, I got your e-mail and I sent a message to both e-mails. Reply as
soon as you can.

On the right track!

ZW
Old 01-14-11, 11:47 AM   #2015
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0
Default Great news!!!

[QUOTE=ZeeWolf;1570604]Hey LC!
The Tiger E1 late version I'll have to make especially for you. I know you
like the later model I personally like the version 1, 1943 . However I do
want to do Ost Front 1942 too.

Hi ZW,

thank you for these informations. Really bad news for the Red Army!!!

My question for the Late Tiger I is for the year 1944 to 1945. Will it be available for that time?

1942 ??? Why not making a desert campaign or some missions later or next year!!!

Is it possible or not to make a choice wich tank i want to drive like in IL-2? The same mission with another tank? Its only a question. Would this be an option for 2012?

I like the 1943 Tiger I too but not in late 1944/45. The 43 Model must be there on the African or Russian theatre.

Cheers

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 03:29 PM   #2016
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

[QUOTE=LcSummers;1574073]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Hey LC!
The Tiger E1 late version I'll have to make especially for you. I know you
like the later model I personally like the version 1, 1943 . However I do
want to do Ost Front 1942 too.

Hi ZW,

thank you for these informations. Really bad news for the Red Army!!!

My question for the Late Tiger I is for the year 1944 to 1945. Will it be available for that time?

1942 ??? Why not making a desert campaign or some missions later or next year!!!

Is it possible or not to make a choice wich tank i want to drive like in IL-2? The same mission with another tank? Its only a question. Would this be an option for 2012?

I like the 1943 Tiger I too but not in late 1944/45. The 43 Model must be there on the African or Russian theatre.

Cheers

LC
Hi LC,
The Late Tiger 1 can be added about the time I release the KingTiger.
Because I will have the wheels etc.
A desert campaign must include tanks of the UK in which I have none.
I would have to start from scratch and add time to study the battles
and land areas, maps etc.(allot of work).
I have started accumulating US an UK tank drawings for the battle of
France 1944, so take heart Kamerad.

As for " 2012 and selecting your tank" that sounds great. However changes
and new functions will be developed as progress is being made along side
the work for 2011 already in the works

ZW
Old 01-15-11, 05:40 AM   #2017
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default WWOOW

[QUOTE=ZeeWolf;1574275]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post

Hi LC,
The Late Tiger 1 can be added about the time I release the KingTiger.
Because I will have the wheels etc.
A desert campaign must include tanks of the UK in which I have none.
I would have to start from scratch and add time to study the battles
and land areas, maps etc.(allot of work).
I have started accumulating US an UK tank drawings for the battle of
France 1944, so take heart Kamerad.

As for " 2012 and selecting your tank" that sounds great. However changes
and new functions will be developed as progress is being made along side
the work for 2011 already in the works

ZW

Hi ZW,

you are great as ever.
1944 France. Cool. Cant wait to see some screens of the new German tanks and for sure the M4A3 Sherman and Firefly. Maybe some Cromwells too. Lot of work for you.
But this will be a fantastic year for me.
New buildings too. I love you

Have a nice day

Ran an den Feind!!!

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 03:12 PM   #2018
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

[QUOTE=LcSummers;1574646]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post

Hi ZW,

you are great as ever.
1944 France. Cool. Cant wait to see some screens of the new German tanks and for sure the M4A3 Sherman and Firefly. Maybe some Cromwells too. Lot of work for you.
But this will be a fantastic year for me.
New buildings too. I love you

Have a nice day

Ran an den Feind!!!

LC
Thanks Kamerad

ZW
Old 01-15-11, 07:34 PM   #2019
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Downloads: 26

I was living in Russia.. St.Petersburg..when the first T34 vs. Tiger was being developed and helped with some of the development...(yes, I'm credited in the Russian version..only as a beta tester..but I helped more with some of the concept with one of the old devs of Panzer Elite, Rainer Rhode).
Im hoping the new issue
will be better, the original..while I liked the graphics...was to me little more than a "demo"..it was woefully short...sound/music/play was just not up to western standards..but the Russian dev company ran out of money..and had to get it out the door...I will reread the thread here, I hope someone has picked up the ball..and improved the first product.
ingsoc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 10:27 PM   #2020
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default TvsT

Ingo the new product made by ZeeWolf is definitely a great improvement over the flawed original.Check it out Zee has posted free missions on his website which you can download and install,He has remade many of the original missions, improving them greatly and has made new ones based on the battle of Kursk.Try the freebies and see for yourself.

One question was the original game balanced by the developers|?| Because the Tiger really felt understated in terms of killing power???
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 02:23 PM   #2021
animal
Watch

Downloads: 0

would it be possible to model the sight view instead of a texture/hud in the foreground?
the game would work far better in 3d that way... is this possible?

unfortunately when I play in 3d I can't really use the sight optics effectively, though I still enjoy the advantages of depth on range estimation and certainly enjoy seing incoming/outgoing rounds sailing towards targets... not to mention the MG fire is REALLY fun to lay down on running infantry at 1000m. (second burst never misses)
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 02:51 PM   #2022
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal View Post
would it be possible to model the sight view instead of a texture/hud in the foreground?
the game would work far better in 3d that way... is this possible?

unfortunately when I play in 3d I can't really use the sight optics effectively, though I still enjoy the advantages of depth on range estimation and certainly enjoy seing incoming/outgoing rounds sailing towards targets... not to mention the MG fire is REALLY fun to lay down on running infantry at 1000m. (second burst never misses)
Hi animal,
The site view on the tiger, maybe, but on the Panther Ausf A, yes.

ZW
Old 01-16-11, 05:35 PM   #2023
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Ingo the new product made by ZeeWolf is definitely a great improvement over the flawed original.Check it out Zee has posted free missions on his website which you can download and install,He has remade many of the original missions, improving them greatly and has made new ones based on the battle of Kursk.Try the freebies and see for yourself.

One question was the original game balanced by the developers|?| Because the Tiger really felt understated in terms of killing power???

As far as I remember.. the game was more balanced to even out the odds of the duel between tiger and T34, the stopping power of the tiger was minimialized in favor of this balance. Remember..originally the devs did not have a western publisher and an injection of lots of cash..so the game was going to be released primarily in Russia and former Ukraine...hence..I dont know if many in this audience would like to see their T34's decimated by the tigers at two miles distance. Right before I left Russia...I believe late Oct/Nov..the game was realeased in Russia..and I bought two original copies...and the price was around 200 to 250 rubles.I'll double check...but that is just around 10 dollars..so as you see..the games dont sell for much their..and this was an original issue....when the pirated copies come out..they go to half...so..the devs/investors have not much incentie to spend a lot when the game sells for nothing really in country...the western market is where the money is.
I also found the original commands to be rather confusing and clunky.just not very intuitive to me..and the lack of any realy battle sound..music..although maybe accurate..seemed to leave the game quite flat.
On a good note, I am thrilled that Zeewolf has taken up this project..I really really was so excited when Tiger was released...and then..disappointed at the same time..because I saw a good idea left really unfinished..so Im estatic someone has pulled this together...as sub and tank sims are my favs..and no one is doing much with WW2 german tank sims.
Question..is this going to be released as a one piece stand alone mod..for download or purchase...or parts to be relesaed individual like in PE before the Ostpak edition was released? I love PE..still play it..and the mods there really saved that game..and made it a classic..I would love to see this go this route..and think its in safe hands!

Thanks Zeewolf!
Old 01-16-11, 06:26 PM   #2024
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Default Game crashes w/out new mod

Zeewolf.or anyone having this issue? Freshly reformatted my pc..no problems..reloaded T34 vs Tiger....GAME will initialize..I get all the splash/intro screens..can adjust settings.select single player..germany(or russia) first battle...then the tank treads sroll across screen indicating game loading game..at end..Crash to desktop..windows error message windows has had to close due to etc....
my specs

Amd Athlon G57 single core 2.8..(game ran fine with this single core earlier) 4 gigs DDRam...Xfi titanium sound cared..Geforece Ultra 8800 768 all drivers updated...

Im wondering if maybe the most up to date drivers are a fault witht the game? ran fine before..(not sure IF it ran with this newer, now old, graphics card, but should work)..any help appreciated.really want to play Zeewolfs new mods and game..and cant understand why this thing is crashing..thanks much..
Old 01-16-11, 08:36 PM   #2025
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsoc84 View Post
Zeewolf.or anyone having this issue? Freshly reformatted my pc..no problems..reloaded T34 vs Tiger....GAME will initialize..I get all the splash/intro screens..can adjust settings.select single player..germany(or russia) first battle...then the tank treads sroll across screen indicating game loading game..at end..Crash to desktop..windows error message windows has had to close due to etc....
my specs

Amd Athlon G57 single core 2.8..(game ran fine with this single core earlier) 4 gigs DDRam...Xfi titanium sound cared..Geforece Ultra 8800 768 all drivers updated...

Im wondering if maybe the most up to date drivers are a fault witht the game? ran fine before..(not sure IF it ran with this newer, now old, graphics card, but should work)..any help appreciated.really want to play Zeewolfs new mods and game..and cant understand why this thing is crashing..thanks much..
Hi ingsoc,
It Sounds like you have to clear the cache file:

<drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Cache

All so make sure you have DirectX9C installed and then install the video

http://www.tanksimzw.com/data_1/Msvcr_Files.zip

in the T34vsiger root directory.

ZeeWolf

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 01-21-11 at 12:38 AM.