SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-15-20, 02:55 AM   #1
Blackcloud161
Swabbie

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
Default Demo file recording?

Is there a way to record demo files of missions and play them back?
I know games like Doom and Quake could do this along with DCS.
Or is there a mod for this? It would make for some very cinematic videos!

Thanks!
Blackcloud161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 01:05 PM   #2
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Have you tried FRAPS?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 01:16 AM   #3
Blackcloud161
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

I use Shadow game play to record videos that is bundled with my RTX 2070 super video card.

I am referring to being able to go outside the sub and record more cinematic things like the actual torpedo firing and leaving the tube under water.

Being able to use a gods eye camera, and zip around like one does in Silent Hunter 3.

Now the devs have said they will not implement such things as it would break immersion. I totally agree. However, Youtube the videos from those playing the game are confined to the periscope view of a good hunt (sadly not really compelling for purchasing). That is why I suggested a way to record the actual ship movements, attacks, etc. Its not a video recording of your screen its an actual recording of the game play from any angle. Like us old timers did in Battlefield 2. This way it would not break immersion until you left the game lobby, thus leaving the game.

For a good example head over to YouTube and look for Wolfpack345, he has videos of both game plays. The Silent Hunter 3 videos really look sharp and well done. The ones he did of Wolfpack also look ok, but seem so lacking as a video. In this day and age YouTube is a great way to show off and sell ones product. WolfPack is a very very fun game but the videos do not convey that feeling as this time. I hope the devs reconsider their choice as this really would help sell more games.
Let's face it; now a days if aren't flashy videos on YouTube of game play most will yawn and move on.
Blackcloud161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 09:21 AM   #4
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud161 View Post
I use Shadow game play to record videos that is bundled with my RTX 2070 super video card.

I am referring to being able to go outside the sub and record more cinematic things like the actual torpedo firing and leaving the tube under water.

Being able to use a gods eye camera, and zip around like one does in Silent Hunter 3.

Now the devs have said they will not implement such things as it would break immersion. I totally agree. However, Youtube the videos from those playing the game are confined to the periscope view of a good hunt (sadly not really compelling for purchasing). That is why I suggested a way to record the actual ship movements, attacks, etc. Its not a video recording of your screen its an actual recording of the game play from any angle. Like us old timers did in Battlefield 2. This way it would not break immersion until you left the game lobby, thus leaving the game.

For a good example head over to YouTube and look for Wolfpack345, he has videos of both game plays. The Silent Hunter 3 videos really look sharp and well done. The ones he did of Wolfpack also look ok, but seem so lacking as a video. In this day and age YouTube is a great way to show off and sell ones product. WolfPack is a very very fun game but the videos do not convey that feeling as this time. I hope the devs reconsider their choice as this really would help sell more games.
Let's face it; now a days if aren't flashy videos on YouTube of game play most will yawn and move on.
Interesting; there are plenty of other things that can be immersion killers that have been part of the game since day one.
Old 02-06-21, 06:38 AM   #5
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud161 View Post

Now the devs have said they will not implement such things as it would break immersion.
You posted in the SH3 section. So, is your response targeted to Silent Hunter 3, or meant to inquire about Wolfpack? If the later then it needs to be moved to it's appropriate forum.

Tags
recording, sh3