SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-04-20, 07:01 AM   #1801
DURUK
Shore leave

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Don’t delete them...just copy past the NKLs_ship.tga in all the ships folder (renaming it accordingly to the ship folder of course) and all ships icons will be transparent !
Thanks for chipping in Fifi. I was not entirely sure at first what you meant, but later I found NKLs_ship.tga under the NKLS/Sea/Data of the main SH3 install, copied the same file into every folder available in IABL, and renamed them accordingly. Unfortunatelly the first ship I encountered testing this, a coastal freighter, still had a red ship icon on 3 zoom levels

Besides, I am not sure if I messed it somehow, or if it was wrong before, but please check the attached picture for the difference of angled and 90* AOB pictures in the recognition manual, they belong to different vessels I think I do need a mod for fixing this. Or I could go just without IABL (supposing that it would fix everything). How essential is it? Does it affect range measurements made with the scopes, etc.?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH3Img_4-6-2020_14.48.24_474 (Small).jpg (83.5 KB, 15 views)
DURUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 07:32 AM   #1802
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURUK View Post
Thanks for chipping in Fifi. I was not entirely sure at first what you meant, but later I found NKLs_ship.tga under the NKLS/Sea/Data of the main SH3 install, copied the same file into every folder available in IABL, and renamed them accordingly. Unfortunatelly the first ship I encountered testing this, a coastal freighter, still had a red ship icon on 3 zoom levels

Besides, I am not sure if I messed it somehow, or if it was wrong before, but please check the attached picture for the difference of angled and 90* AOB pictures in the recognition manual, they belong to different vessels I think I do need a mod for fixing this. Or I could go just without IABL (supposing that it would fix everything). How essential is it? Does it affect range measurements made with the scopes, etc.?
No, you have to add this transparent tga to each ship your sea folder have, not only IABL...
When all mods are activated, go to your SH3/data/sea and here you have ALL your ships!
Best is to build little mod with them and new tga

As for the ID book, don’t know what you have wrong here...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 07:41 AM   #1803
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

To add on, whether IABL ships are necessary is up to each player. They do two things I like though:

- add more ships with better graphics to the campaign.
- they have Thompsen's parameters applied with make them sail better; not so "rubber duckey" in heavy weather.
These parameters can be applied to any ship btw.

Hitman's mods work fine with them.
Old 06-04-20, 07:50 AM   #1804
DURUK
Shore leave

Quote:
No, you have to add this transparent tga to each ship your sea folder have, not only IABL...
When all mods are activated, go to your SH3/data/sea and here you have ALL your ships!
Best is to build little mod with them and new tga

As for the ID book, don’t know what you have wrong here...
Got it, will try to make my first mod tonight then
Concerning ID book, I've attached another picture. The pictures on the top (90* AOB) and bottom (0*, 20*, 45* AOBs) belong to different ship models, or am I seeing it wrong Just to make sure that I did not mess anything while copying and renaming files etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH3Img_4-6-2020_14.48.18_962 (Small).jpg (82.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 06-04-20, 09:40 AM   #1805
Fifi
Navy Seal

I have same ID book error as you DURUK
Anyway seems a little mess in the ID book, as some ships have more than one page, a tga needs to be resized (we see only the stern) etc...probably like it was in real!

Have a question though: i tried to re supply at Vigo with the Bessel, but doing as i made in Ccom12 (esc/end patrol/continue) close to Bessel, i didn’t received any torp/fuel!
Have same Hsie settings as my Ccom...so why it doesn’t work the same in NYGM?
Old 06-04-20, 09:47 AM   #1806
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I have same ID book error as you DURUK
Anyway seems a little mess in the ID book, as some ships have more than one page, a tga needs to be resized (we see only the stern) etc...probably like it was in real!

Have a question though: i tried to re supply at Vigo with the Bessel, but doing as i made in Ccom12 (esc/end patrol/continue) close to Bessel, i didn’t received any torp/fuel!
Have same Hsie settings as my Ccom...so why it doesn’t work the same in NYGM?
It works in NYGM. But you're supposed to choose "Continue Mission". That is a H.sie mod instruction, nothing to do with NYGM.
Also fwiw, historically the supply ships never supplied torpedoes.

Regarding the manual, anytime new ships are added to the game unless the manual is also updated, it will be incorrect.
I never use the manual so not sure how updating would be done. I would assume any ship mod would have to include it as part of the mod.
Old 06-04-20, 10:13 AM   #1807
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
It works in NYGM. But you're supposed to choose "Continue Mission". That is a H.sie mod instruction, nothing to do with NYGM.
Also fwiw, historically the supply ships never supplied torpedoes.

Regarding the manual, anytime new ships are added to the game unless the manual is also updated, it will be incorrect.
I never use the manual so not sure how updating would be done. I would assume any ship mod would have to include it as part of the mod.
After reading Hsie instructions regarding U-Tanker fix, it’s normal i can’t pseudo-dock at Bessel ship, because it’s not a U-Bessel!
In Ccom12, the Bessel at Vigo is named U-Bessel, that’s why it works there
If i want to pseudo-dock in NYGM at Bessel ship, i have to rename this ship in Campaign file as U-Bessel...
Old 06-04-20, 10:30 AM   #1808
DURUK
Shore leave

Replacing all the xxx_shp.tga files through a mod seemed to solve my problem. Thank you both Kaleuns I particularly wanted this to work in order to get rid of my habit of pinpoint marking the bow of every ship so that I can acquire perfect solutions, and to work on my guessing the aob, range etc..
Well now I try to find the center of the empty circle with my marks Seems to be a case of old dog and new tricks.
Old 06-04-20, 10:58 AM   #1809
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURUK View Post
Replacing all the xxx_shp.tga files through a mod seemed to solve my problem. Thank you both Kaleuns I particularly wanted this to work in order to get rid of my habit of pinpoint marking the bow of every ship so that I can acquire perfect solutions, and to work on my guessing the aob, range etc..
Well now I try to find the center of the empty circle with my marks Seems to be a case of old dog and new tricks.

Great, have fun ! Also if you haven't noticed already, if you click on a circle it will be tracked as it moves on the map.
Old 06-04-20, 11:01 AM   #1810
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
After reading Hsie instructions regarding U-Tanker fix, it’s normal i can’t pseudo-dock at Bessel ship, because it’s not a U-Bessel!
If i want to pseudo-dock in NYGM at Bessel ship, i have to rename this ship in Campaign file as U-Bessel...

Old 06-04-20, 09:59 PM   #1811
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

Quote:
Yes, I changed it in my files and added other supply ships from a old post from blitzkrieg in other forum and the old milkcow mod with have several more utanker. That's a critic to all megamod, there was as the double of utanker in real world. They add many alternatives for fat trips.
Old 06-05-20, 03:31 AM   #1812
Fifi
Navy Seal

Little old mod to get better smoke when ships in fire in NYGM (like in GWX enhanced effects)
It’s only 2 tga not affecting anything else.
I always found that fire smoke was too light in NYGM...
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...d=624&act=down

Result:

Old 06-05-20, 10:51 AM   #1813
Fifi
Navy Seal

Are the convoys running faster later on the war? (After 41)
Because they are always slow until 41, not to say very slow...
Would like to see some around 8/10 knots
As for lone ships, almost never encountered one sailing fast

If not, is there a way to set them faster without side effects of course?
Old 06-05-20, 11:36 AM   #1814
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
If not, is there a way to set them faster without side effects of course?
Sh3MissionEditor makes it possible.
Old 06-05-20, 10:46 PM   #1815
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Sh3MissionEditor makes it possible.
This thing it's better to be checked by note++. I had issues with the types of ships editing random groups.

And fifi I have a similar sense for convoys speed in early war. But I'm not sure if there's a good solution for this, the speed was linked to slower ship in n the convoy...in real world. You point convoys in open Sea of the convoys strong British island?

I use onealex fx from his mod, similar to the wac5 but I feel safe that none have been urgeteando the files like with wac. Nygm is not likely visual in any way, only water reflection is interesting but water many times looks like oil.

Tags
torpedos through hull