Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-19, 06:37 AM   #10876
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Johnson triggering a vote of confidence still leaves him at the mercy of the opposition to get properly kicked. Which they will refuse to do. So it is not an option in the meaning of that he has control over it and can enforce it.

The onyl thing he can enforce is ignroing the non-no-deal-law, and the legal actions this necessarily would cause. In all other regards he now is totally and competely helpless and incapable of anything, it seems to me.

Parliament never wanted the Brexit referendum. Parliament never wanted to obey the referendum's outcome. And it seems it will get its will as long as the legal action against Johnson if he ignores the law is without consequences.

It all will cost more time, but I started to think these days that the real action is over and the rest is just show (if it ever was anything more thna just show anyway). Both Corbyn and Johnson now already are focussed on securing No 10 for themselves in the next year. Brexit is most likely already dead.

Lame duck sighted in Londown.

The trade deal with the uS, likely is another gambit only. The Donald will abuse the British dependency to get a deal quickly by dictating terms and conditions to them., Special relationship is all nice and well, but in the end its money that talks, and the US abused Britain already in 2003 and told sweet promises about economic revenues that never materialised.

The British stand was torpedoes by treason and traiotrs from beginning on, first Johnson'S campaign lies, then May's treason. Britain started way to late to play the game the hard way and started to realise too late that it needed to prepare for a time of hardship after a Brexit, and there is still a lack of awareness that Brexit with a really sovereignty-implementing "exit" in it can only be had by a no-deal leave from beginning on. Three profound mistakes, each of them in itself already decisive enough to decide the match, but in combination: being guaranteed irresistably.

I call like summin thigns up already and giving a final conclusion. But I indeed think Brexit is over. They will waste more time to lament and to accuse and to point fingers, but I see nothing that Johnson can do by his own options anymore to enforce it.

I fear after the US the UK now will become the second heavyweight where the civil society gets deeply split and increasingly polarised, and conflicts widening gaps and trenches.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-07-19 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-07-19, 06:46 AM   #10877
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
MPs, including Tories expelled from the party, are preparing legal action in case the PM refuses to seek a delay to Brexit.

A bill requiring Boris Johnson to ask for an extension to the UK's departure date to avoid a no-deal Brexit on 31 October is set to gain royal assent.

But the PM has said he would "rather be dead in a ditch" than ask for a delay.

Now MPs have lined up a legal team and are willing to go to court to enforce the legislation, if necessary.

The cross-party bill - which requires the prime minister to extend the exit deadline until January unless Parliament agrees a deal with the EU by 19 October - was passed on Friday.

Although the government has said it will abide by the law, Mr Johnson described it as obliging him "in theory" to write to Brussels asking for a "pointless delay". https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49618242
I'm wondering if and when somebody will grow a pair and suggest revoking Article 50

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-07-19, 09:15 AM   #10878
Skybird
Soaring

^No, because this somebody then would be accused of having ignored and stolen the referendum. What they are trying since three years - all of them - is to weasel around Brexit by staging just a meaningless fake-Brexit that is no real exit, so that they could get away with having betrayed the Brexit referendum majority by formally claiming that "Brexit got delivered".
Old 09-07-19, 09:50 AM   #10879
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

The UK is going down hill fast, possible recession on the way and this Brexit mess goes on. I for one want this to end now today and if it means staying put in the EU I can live with that. I'm more interested in the domestic front than this on going BS. This BS has given those pigs at Westminster the excuse they have been looking for to get out of the real domestic work and fart around with this BS yes BS.

Cameron should never ever called the referendum knowing what those pigs would get up to.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-07-19, 09:54 AM   #10880
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
MPs, including Tories expelled from the party, are preparing legal action in case the PM refuses to seek a delay to Brexit.

A bill requiring Boris Johnson to ask for an extension to the UK's departure date to avoid a no-deal Brexit on 31 October is set to gain royal assent.

But the PM has said he would "rather be dead in a ditch" than ask for a delay.

Legal experts have warned the prime minister could go to prison if he refuses to comply with the new law. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49618242
Prison eh?

Old 09-07-19, 10:01 AM   #10881
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Prison eh?
Psycho Dominic would say....BLEEP them and BLEEP the BLEEPING law.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-07-19, 10:11 AM   #10882
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-07-19, 10:17 AM   #10883
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon10

Old 09-07-19, 10:44 AM   #10884
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I for one want this to end now today and if it means staying put in the EU I can live with that.
This frustration reaction always has been a strong bet placed by the EU. And probably a bet by many remainers as well. Let the people ask themselves for getting relief from the brexit they once asked for. Problem solved!

Quote:
Cameron should never ever called the referendum knowing what those pigs would get up to.
Cameron gambled. Like everyone else, including Johnson, he did not believe it would pass. They all are from the same clique.

Problem is these certain, reality-disconnected, distanced-from-ordinary-life self-proclaimed elites always gamble, and they gamble with other people's assets and money, have other people facing the risks.
Old 09-07-19, 04:32 PM   #10885
STEED
Lucky Jack

And the hole gets bigger for Bojo.....

AMBER RUDD STEPS DOWN FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND WHIP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49623737

You just can not make this up...

Old 09-07-19, 04:42 PM   #10886
Skybird
Soaring

Her explanation given is revealing, because it illustrates the big problem there is: she recognises the need to make the EU believe that the UK is preparing for hard Brexit in all seriousness - but she also implies that this is only posing and not meant to be a real option, because now that she thinks Johnson means it serious, she leaves due to right this reason.

Butter-soft "determination" while playing the big game against - not "with", I say: "against" - Brussels.

The will is lacking. The spirit. The determination. It just is not there. Its all a babble game when they talk about that they want to bring about an exiting.
Old 09-07-19, 04:55 PM   #10887
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon12

Bojo's next move go straight to prison boost his ratings and a general election victory is in the bag, we brits always back the under dog.

Old 09-08-19, 04:05 AM   #10888
STEED
Lucky Jack

It's not just the tories having a bad week, change uk looses three of its members to the libdems.

https://news.sky.com/story/angela-sm...crats-11804756

Old 09-08-19, 06:10 AM   #10889
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Her explanation given is revealing, because it illustrates the big problem there is: she recognises the need to make the EU believe that the UK is preparing for hard Brexit in all seriousness - but she also implies that this is only posing and not meant to be a real option, because now that she thinks Johnson means it serious, she leaves due to right this reason.

Butter-soft "determination" while playing the big game against - not "with", I say: "against" - Brussels.

The will is lacking. The spirit. The determination. It just is not there. Its all a babble game when they talk about that they want to bring about an exiting.
Tis certainly beginning to look that way

Old 09-08-19, 06:14 AM   #10890
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The Conservative Party plans to stand a candidate against Speaker John Bercow for his role in allowing MPs to take control of the Commons agenda.

Business secretary Andrea Leadsom accused the Speaker in the Mail on Sunday of "flagrant abuse" of process.

Breaching convention, the party plans to oppose Mr Bercow in his Buckingham constituency at the next election.

Formerly a Tory, Mr Bercow gave up his party affiliation when he took on the impartial role.

As the highest authority in the House of Commons, the Speaker chairs MPs' debates.

In order to be impartial, the Speaker resigns from their party, and - while they still stand in general elections - they are usually unopposed by the main parties, and they do not campaign on political issues.

But Ms Leadsom - who has clashed with Mr Bercow in the past - said the Tories would ignore this convention and stand against him at the next election.

She said the role of the Speaker was to be "a politically impartial, independent umpire of proceedings" and to "protect the constitution and oversee the behaviour of the House".

"But last week, the current Speaker failed us," she said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49624334
Whilst I agree with the plan I can't help but wonder if this is just a desperation move.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics