SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-09, 11:55 PM   #1111
TwinStackPete379
Gunner

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

The reality is that members are frequently answering FAQ type questions for noobs. Having them find the Swiss Army Knife (these days I suppose "Leatherman" might be better) of SH tools easily should be a priority in the mods forum.

<S>

tater[/quote]

Well said Tater, I'm as noob as you get with all this stuff. I have a ton of questions, but i try my best not to bother ppl with unless i'm truly at a dead end. Skwas just helped me the other day, because i was hopelessly lost (if he hadn't i would have been sunk for a while). A centralized easy to tear apart knowledge base would be awesome.
Old 10-05-09, 03:35 PM   #1112
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

I've come across an odd error while using JSGME in conjunction with S3D. This error has occurred since the V2.3 update of JSGME. What's happening is when I open a file using S3D to work on a mod, and then attempt to enable/disable the mod via S3D, JSGME attempts to make a new MODS folder in the S3D root folder. If I open JSGME before opening S3D, it works fine. I've made a post in the JSGME V2.3 thread as well.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 02:25 PM   #1113
jf3000
Watch

Downloads: 22

I am trying to work out how to decrease the load time of the torpedo but I can't seem to find the correct file, can someone shed some light on which file I am supposed to change, please. Thank you.
jf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 07:41 PM   #1114
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf3000 View Post
I am trying to work out how to decrease the load time of the torpedo but I can't seem to find the correct file, can someone shed some light on which file I am supposed to change, please. Thank you.
Well, I would suggest you don't bury your question inside another thread, easier to get an answer if people find the question.

Make a backup of the file before you try anything. Using Silent 3Ditor (S3D) open data/submarine/"Subname.sim" '
Open the wpn_Subtorpedosys and in the right hand window "Property Tree" find the "Rooms" open that with the +sign. Find Fore or Aft and open that and you will find "loadtime" change the value.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 01:48 PM   #1115
jf3000
Watch

Thank you, I only have one last question, the subs hull, where can I find how much damage it can take?
Old 10-10-09, 02:09 PM   #1116
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Thank you, I only have one last question, the subs hull, where can I find how much damage it can take?
in the subname.zon file in the sub directory

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 08:21 AM   #1117
broken999
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 472
Default Seeking information, manuals for building

Hello my name is Toni and I am Italian, I do not write very well in English.
I read the discussion, but I do not know where I can get useful information for building ships and other 3d.
Seeking information, manuals for building .... where can I get?
Thanks
Toni
broken999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-09, 08:07 AM   #1118
jf3000
Watch

Is there an option to change the amount of torpedos you actually get plus the torpedos with the red heads how can I change from a basic explosion to larger like nuclear?
Old 10-22-09, 11:16 AM   #1119
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Is there an option to change the amount of torpedos you actually get plus the torpedos with the red heads how can I change from a basic explosion to larger like nuclear?
Do a search for Rockin Robbins, sub nuclear torpedo mod. Then you can open up his files with S3D and see what he changed.

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 02:09 PM   #1120
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 604
Uploads: 10

Well I hate to bother you guys with a basic question like that but my forum search skills have failed me on this one.

How do I get all the parts of a model to show up in the model viewer? Specifically turrets/guns on warships? Do I have to somehow import other nodes to be able to see them?

Basically I just want to load up warship models with all the parts showing in the viewer, I don't want to modify them or anything. I just need to take screenshots of the full ships for a mod I'm working on.

Keep in mind I'm just starting out with S3D so if you could keep your answer to noob level I'd appreciate it :-)

Thanks for any help,

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 04:18 PM   #1121
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
Well I hate to bother you guys with a basic question like that but my forum search skills have failed me on this one.

How do I get all the parts of a model to show up in the model viewer? Specifically turrets/guns on warships? Do I have to somehow import other nodes to be able to see them?

Basically I just want to load up warship models with all the parts showing in the viewer, I don't want to modify them or anything. I just need to take screenshots of the full ships for a mod I'm working on.

Keep in mind I'm just starting out with S3D so if you could keep your answer to noob level I'd appreciate it :-)

Thanks for any help,
I don't think there's a solution. If I need a screenshot of a ship with all its parts I usually import the model & skins into wings3d, along with the turrets etc and place the subparts in the correct positions.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 04:36 PM   #1122
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 604
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
I don't think there's a solution. If I need a screenshot of a ship with all its parts I usually import the model & skins into wings3d, along with the turrets etc and place the subparts in the correct positions.
Bummer. I thought I was just missing something really stupid.

I took a quick look at Wings3D and it's way over my head for now, plus what you're describing seems like a lot of work for a screenshot.

I'll try to think of another way to get what I need.

Thanks a lot for the reply

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 08:25 AM   #1123
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Indeed, S3D only loads 3D objects from the local file. All 3D objects that are referenced from libraries are never loaded. It would make S3D as an editor too heavy for it's purpose (I would need to scan all game files in library folders for relevant objects)
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-09, 06:11 PM   #1124
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

I wanted to know if anybody has successfully managed to import triangulated .obj files using wings3d and S3ditor? S3ditor won't import any obj files unless I use the triangulate function in wings3d, so that all the 3d model faces are triangular. This seems to affect the number of vertices in the uv map, so that once I try to import the triangulated 3d model I get an error message about missing vertices about 75% of the time. This has been a major problem with my attempts to mod ships.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 05:27 AM   #1125
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
This seems to affect the number of vertices in the uv map, so that once I try to import the triangulated 3d model I get an error message about missing vertices about 75% of the time. This has been a major problem with my attempts to mod ships.
Can you import channel one OK, but not channel two?