Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-20, 08:30 AM   #3706
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52784120

Its just weeks between applaus and oblivion. Thats what I had on mind when saying I do not care for crowds bashing cooking pots with wooden spoons. In Germany, nurses - very underpaid over here - will or have gotten around 1200 or 1500 Euros bonus - as a one time payment. No regular rise of their low wages. So groß ist die Anerkennung dann doch nicht.

Applaus is cheap. Makes the applauding feel good himself, and allowing politicians to wield mightily pathetic speeches. And costs nothing.
Old 05-26-20, 05:48 PM   #3707
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The United States has set a sad milestone today(5/26-20) 100,000 dead directly or indirectly from Covid-19

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 06:44 PM   #3708
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

According to the CDC deaths are at 98,261 as of 5/26/2020
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 05:14 AM   #3709
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Unfortunately, we should surpass that sad threshold by today.
Old 05-27-20, 07:36 AM   #3710
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 07:40 AM   #3711
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-27-20, 07:42 AM   #3712
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-27-20, 09:54 AM   #3713
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Two big no, no's in the news this morning

https://news.yahoo.com/france-halts-...105439355.html

Quote:
Paris (AFP) - The French government said Wednesday that doctors should no longer prescribe hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 patients, an unproven and potentially harmful treatment for the disease nonetheless promoted by US President Donald Trump.

The move came after two French advisory bodies and the World Health Organization (WHO) warned this week that the drug, a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, had been shown to be dangerous in several studies.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wel...ronaviruslinks

Quote:
Just like hydroxychloroquine, it's leading some to ask, "What can it hurt if I take vitamin D supplements?"

Actually, it can hurt a lot. In the case of hydroxychloroquine, the World Health Organization stopped a clinical trial after finding that seriously ill Covid-19 patients who were treated with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine were more likely to die.

And taking too much vitamin D can lead to a toxic buildup of calcium in your blood, causing confusion, disorientation and problems with heart rhythm, as well as bone pain, kidney damage and painful kidney stones.

Donald Trump is not taking hydroxychloroquine because he is sick or close to dying, but because he believes it may prevent Covid-19

Skybird thinks that vitamin D is a wonder drug, which even the VA has prescribed for my health, but too much is too much leading to toxic buildup of calcium in your blood, causing confusion, disorientation and problems with heart rhythm, as well as bone pain, kidney damage and painful kidney stones.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 09:56 AM   #3714
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen lays out a plan on how to finance the EU's economic recovery.

The commission recommends a fund worth €750bn (£670bn; $825bn) to tackle an "unprecedented crisis"

UK PM Boris Johnson is to be questioned by MPs at 16:00 (15:00 GMT) amid continued calls for his top adviser to resign.

"Local lockdowns" could be introduced to tackle regional outbreaks in England, the health secretary says.

Latin America has become the centre of the global pandemic, the head of the Pan American Health Organization warns.

The region now has more daily reported cases of Covid-19 than Europe and the US

France halts the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus patients because of potential health risks.

More than 5.6 million cases and over 350,000 deaths have been confirmed worldwide, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Old 05-27-20, 10:29 AM   #3715
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Skybird thinks that vitamin D is a wonder drug, which even the VA has prescribed for my health, but too much is too much leading to toxic buildup of calcium in your blood, causing confusion, disorientation and problems with heart rhythm, as well as bone pain, kidney damage and painful kidney stones.
Meine Fresse.

Are you Donald "The Big Mouth" Trump? No? Then would you please show the politeness to quote me correctly and in full context? Facts on what I said, you can check them out in this thread:

I have several times reiterated the danger of higher doses of Vit D leading to what in German is called Hyperkalzämie. Yes, it then can resorb the Calcium from the bones, it then is in the blood and if it is there too long it can cause osteoporosis, plaques in the blood vessels, arteriosklerosis, kidney stones. Disorientation, confusion and heart rythm irregularities however are mostly reported at doses beyond 200 thousand international units per day,and two such reprts I lkately red about had the abuse exceeding 350 thosuand IE for severla weeks. They go away if abandonins these high doses.

I have repeatedly reiterated that therefore this effect of higher doses of Vitamine D must be countered, and the advice that usually is given is to take Vit-K2 as well. K2 supports absorption of calcium into the bones, it thus is sometimes called a "bone vitamine", it makes them stronger by pushing calcium into them. This effect is known since longer time.Calcium in the bones is calcium that cannot be in the blood at the same time. That is good.

I have repeatedly said that taking Vit-D means taking Vitamine D, Vitamine K2 and Magnesium all together. I have warned against taking higher doses of Vitamine D all alone. K2 is needed as well. Thats why comibination supplements in the supermarket or drugstore often combine D and K in one pill. And Magnesium, since otherwise just a tiny little fraction of the consummed Vitamine D will be absorbed by the body, the metabolistic processing needs plenty of Magnesium for that. I explained that in one post ion the past, or even in two.

I have reported the medical myth of "Vitamine D poisoning", which was a label given to the symptoms you listed above disorientaiton, dizziness etc and also with regard to the Calcium moving from bones into the bloodstream and the following consequences form that. These symptoms were once claimed to be a poisoning effect of the Vitamine D, while in fact they are a symtpom of a Vitamine K2 deficit. Vitamine K2 "heals"/prevents the "Vitamine D poisoning.

I have repeatedly said that the Vitamine D is known since longer time to play a dominant role in the efficiency level of the immune system, and that is has been shown in the past to indeed help significantly in battling other forms of Corona virusses.

None of what I said on all this, is just my own subjective opnion, or my finding. I simply repeated what has been said, found, researched by medical experts in the past years and decades. The John Cam,pbell videos can privide you some startig nblinks to accotridng studies done in the British Medical Journal, and the Lancet, he gave those links in his according videos. But htese are just starters, you can find it in more accessible format all across the web, to be understood easily by laymen as well. Its no rocket science to understand the basic links between variosu factors on all this.

Note that the various videos by Dr. John campbell that Jim or me sometimes link to, pick up the role of Vitamine D as their primary topiuc, he did 3 or four videos just on Vit-D. In his latest he talked of a "Vitamine D pandemic", pointing out to the overwhelmingly strong correlations between skin colours, Vitamine D production of the body, and severeness of Covid-19 infections. He also said that a person who needs 2 hours to develope sunburns if exposed to the full sun almost naked, would produce in one hour, half that time, 20 thousand units of Vitamine D. He reminded of the fact that the darker the skin of an ethnic groupo in the Us, the more severe said ethnic groupd gets hiot by Covid-19 - and the difference are really very serious. He just reported these findings again, minding you, the statiostics sayin g these were done by other, bigger researching projects and studies and statistical data collections. That may help some people to develope an idea on the ratios of Vit D numbers we talk here. I think the human body is perfectly capable to deal with several tens of thousands of IEs per day, the question is from what level on the body stops to benefit from it, which obviously is earlier the case than when the body starts to suffer from opposing symptoms.

I - and Dr. Campbell - rmeinded of the evolutijnary theory that while all men once were of darker skin colour, their skinds lightened up when they started to migrate noreth, away, from the equator, to adopt to less sunlight by having less pigments in their skins so that they nevertheless could produce Vitamine D. That is a long held model, not just formed since Covid 19.

I repeatedly said that nations' authorities wildly vary - internationally - on suggestions on Vitamine supplements. In America and Sweden, Vitamine D gets added to food you buy in supermarkets, in Germany the according organisaitons always tend to demonise supplements for moral and principal reasons while partially basing on the academic knowledge status of the time between the world wars. Industrial interests, lobby interests, ideology interest, all come together and try to win the money game against the others. You can make money with supplements, yes. But you can make more money with leavign the population deficient and sick - becasue then yiou can sell drugs whcih are more expensive. A healthy population is the pharmaceutical industry's nightmare. Thats why sometimes new syndromes and artificial changes of physiological base values get invented and "cotrrected" - to create a market and a demand for some new drug of theirs.

Don'T be a Trumpian troll. Quote me correctly and dont put words - or false interpretations and suggestive narrations into my mouth that I never said or meant. I never said Vitamine D is a wonderdrug. Its no drug at all, btw, but its a nutritive substance. Both physiologically and legally that is a decisive difference.

There are estimations now that the number of hospitalizations due to Covid 19 could be halved - halved!! - maybe, if the Vitamine D deficit in the generla Western populations could be brought to an end.

None of that is witchcraft, or mythology. Its no Trumpian supermagic and no esoteric cultism. Its mostly established scientific knowledge. I am no healer or matser of obscure medicine. Its just that I mastered another art in my youth years: I learned to read. And later I learned to understand statistics.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-27-20 at 11:26 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 10:40 AM   #3716
Skybird
Soaring

Old 05-27-20, 10:48 AM   #3717
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Donald Trump is not taking hydroxychloroquine because he is sick
How do you know? Oh, and btw taking hydroxychloroquine won't help against his sickness!

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 11:10 AM   #3718
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The United States has set a sad milestone today(5/26-20) 100,000 dead directly or indirectly from Covid-19

Markus

Last count was 164,000 dead from COVID-19 in the European Union. Where was the sadness then? Like I suspected euro news is predominantly all about how bad everyone else has it so they can feel better about themselves I guess.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 11:24 AM   #3719
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Sorry I pulled you chain Skybird, but I should of said you recommended high does of vitamin D and then you added the extra drugs to counter using such high doses.

Now you have excused me of being like Donald Trump ... your observations are worse than mine
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 11:26 AM   #3720
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Last count was 164,000 dead from COVID-19 in the European Union. Where was the sadness then? Like I suspected euro news is predominantly all about how bad everyone else has it so they can feel better about themselves I guess.
I don't think you can compare the European Union with USA.

The European Union consist of independent and (somehow)free countries.
Each of them with the own national anthem.
And much more.

Even though your States have some kind of own laws, they are still bound to Washington DC.

But I do agree, 164,000 is a very, very sad number indeed.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan