SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-20, 05:06 PM   #1
dchiarini
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Icon9 PROBLEM with STIEBLER4C_Addon

Hi everybody,
I'm a beginner here even though I've played some sh3 over the last year... mostly stock until I've found NYGM and THAT
really excited me.

Now I'm a happy user of NYGM with MAGUI mod, and I have upgraded my mods step by step thanks to you guys, by means of all the good answers you gave to other beginners like me.

I'm now in the process of installing and activating the STIEBLER4c addon and... I got stuck on something I don't fully understand
so here I am asking once again for your expertise!

item 1:
in the word file "stiebler4C_V16B1_Addon" in the paragraph: INSTRUCTIONS FOR STIEBLER CHANGE-GRID MOD 9 JAN. 2012, he wants me to
create this new entry [G3F I210] in my menu_1024_768.ini file, and he adds:
"IMPORTANT-1: if your ‘RO Report’ is not numbered [G3F I209],then the new grid button must be given the next consecutive number
to your ‘RO Report’ value"...

Problem is my 'RO Report' is numbered differently, and on top of that the next consecutive number is already taken, just like all the other consecutive numbers
all the way up to 4 thousandsomething...
I've even considered renumbering all the following numbers but I don't know if that would mess up the whole game, and besides
my 'RO Report' is sitting in the middle of a trillion [G3Fs...] and chances are I mis-digit something and mess it up anyway.
How do I get around that????

item 3:
I can still activate the mod, and it looks like is running ok, but I get no "stealth" green/red light and I can spot sort of an outline of a green 'something' half hidden behind the "metal" dashboard (the part that's hiding the stopwatch from MAGUI mod)

Well, that's about it for now.. hope I won't need much more than this.

Greetings from Italy.

Daniele
dchiarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 06:45 PM   #2
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchiarini View Post
Hi everybody,
I'm a beginner here even though I've played some sh3 over the last year... mostly stock until I've found NYGM and THAT
really excited me.

Now I'm a happy user of NYGM with MAGUI mod, and I have upgraded my mods step by step thanks to you guys, by means of all the good answers you gave to other beginners like me.

I'm now in the process of installing and activating the STIEBLER4c addon and... I got stuck on something I don't fully understand
so here I am asking once again for your expertise!

item 1:
in the word file "stiebler4C_V16B1_Addon" in the paragraph: INSTRUCTIONS FOR STIEBLER CHANGE-GRID MOD 9 JAN. 2012, he wants me to
create this new entry [G3F I210] in my menu_1024_768.ini file, and he adds:
"IMPORTANT-1: if your ‘RO Report’ is not numbered [G3F I209],then the new grid button must be given the next consecutive number
to your ‘RO Report’ value"...

Problem is my 'RO Report' is numbered differently, and on top of that the next consecutive number is already taken, just like all the other consecutive numbers
all the way up to 4 thousandsomething...
I've even considered renumbering all the following numbers but I don't know if that would mess up the whole game, and besides
my 'RO Report' is sitting in the middle of a trillion [G3Fs...] and chances are I mis-digit something and mess it up anyway.
How do I get around that????

item 3:
I can still activate the mod, and it looks like is running ok, but I get no "stealth" green/red light and I can spot sort of an outline of a green 'something' half hidden behind the "metal" dashboard (the part that's hiding the stopwatch from MAGUI mod)

Well, that's about it for now.. hope I won't need much more than this.

Greetings from Italy.

Daniele
If you're running NYGM all the changes are already made for you in all relevant files.

That "green thing" you see is probably the weather meter; you'd have to choose the "stealth meter" option in the game's options to see it correctly.

The reason you can't get your stealth meter to show the sub icon is because NYGM has the 1024_768.ini already changed for the weather meter instead.

If you want the stealth meter sub icon back you'll have to edit this file. The Magui mod also has this file. Post your mod order list as you'll have a conflict between NYGM's version of this file and Magui's.
Let me know if you do, it's very easy to do.

Also very important; you cannot use Stiebler's patch without also using H.sie's patch.

Have you done that ?

Last edited by John Pancoast; 04-04-20 at 06:54 PM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote