SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-20, 09:06 AM   #1
Fotzkopp
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default SH3 + GWX "gute Sicht"

HI,
I could not find any explanation what is "Gute Sicht". It can be found under Alberich as Equipment. What is this?
Old 04-03-20, 09:15 AM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

I think it is meant in the context of "clear sight". Or fair weather. But Stosstrupp can correct me on this.

Though I do not understand why or how this is linked to Equipment or Alberich. Can you provide an direct example of what file or screen this shows in? [edit: this might be a bug causing this to show up. A wrong reference to a certain text string.)

Last edited by Pisces; 04-03-20 at 09:26 AM.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 05:10 PM   #3
Fotzkopp
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

It´s always showing up in the section where you can install new gear into your sub.

Apart from this I want to know if the Telegrams have any meaning in GWX. For example I want to meet the scharnhorst when she passes the channel. Are the telegrams just makebelieve or is there really a Scharnhorst which I can meet when I move to the right spot in the right time (23. March 42, Brest I didn´t find the Scharnhorst there.)
Old 04-03-20, 05:46 PM   #4
Pisces
Silent Hunter

The Scharnhorst being a capital ship will likely have it's movements scripted to historical events. So you will likely find it. But those messages are for ambiance and immersion. I would take them with a grain of salt. Especially the ones with partial location information.

The map icon reports with speed, course and time are to be trusted and can be intercepted reliably. (they also come with a radio text message) That is, there is some uncertainty about speed and course.

The "Gute Sicht" is then likely an error. Since that sounds more like a visibility report for weather. Alberich was what is now used as anechoic tiles on the surface. To dampen the asdic sonar echos. That makes no sense in that context.
Old 04-03-20, 06:19 PM   #5
Pisces
Silent Hunter

According to the mission editor it passes through there. But not at that time.
Old 04-03-20, 06:20 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You know how those "shed-you-uhls" are - they are meant to be altered...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 10:54 AM   #7
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotzkopp View Post
HI,
I could not find any explanation what is "Gute Sicht". It can be found under Alberich as Equipment. What is this?
None of the GWX-versions i'm aware of uses "Gute Sicht". It is called like you wrote it in the Title "gute Sicht". It is used from GWX20/21 and up in de_menu.ini under 4100=gute Sicht. Normaly there is "none" in english, and "kein" in german.
This is an perfect example for changing something in SH3 on one place, with also an unwanted result on an different place.
The 4100 is normaly used for Weather-infos. But it is obviously also used for the available but not currently installed equipments. This may or may not be intendet by the GWX-developers, since "gute Sicht" on the Equipment-Screen can be mean "gute Sicht" is installed intead for the not yet installed equipment.

Greetings.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote