Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-04-11, 02:34 AM   #16
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Red Herring!

This is hogwash! I have PE installed on 2 laptops with Vista one 32 bits( with PE3 enabled and working very well) the other 64 bits and both work well.

I hear the same nonsense being uttered as biblical truth for virtually every sim(SF, TVT etc).Vista is not the devil.OS don't stop games from working,.Some OS require Adminstrator's rights (such as Vista) to perform tasks or instal mods it's and it's a royal pain in the butts.Others like Win 7 sometime force you to re-instal Direct- X9C.

I think people are so used to Windows XP's simplicity that they ascribe all kind of negative nonsense to Vista or Windows 7 whereas, in fact, often they are to blame( and I include myself in the lot) for not properly installing games or mods or sometimes faulty downloads.

Freiwillinge my own experience with PE3 has been one of frustration.For 6 months I had the same problem you faced.PE worked well but the moment I tried enabling PE3 the menu and brief would load and then the game would crash and give me the same message and then on to the statistic page.Ostpak worked fine and I was able to play separately scenarios 2009 and 2010(only the single missions not the campaigns).I spoke to all the guys on the PEDG forum and they gave me all kind of tips and solutions but I was never able to solve the problem.So I uninstalled PE3 and gave up on it until 7 months ago.Then I went back to PEDG and downloaded PE3 again and miracle it worked????No idea why because I did not do anything differently.I don't know howe old is your version of PE3 but if'it's more than 7 months old it may worth downloading the newer version and trying to re-installl PE3 again.What worked for me may work for you as well?????

And BTW Panzer Elite works well with Vista( both versions) and Windows 7 so don't listen to the Cassandras who tell you otherwise because I can attest to it and I am sure thousand of other people playing that sim!!!!

T
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 07:07 PM   #17
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24

Thanks for the motivation. I haven't given up for sure. I think it may have something to do with my video card, It is a Intel built in. G950

That is the only thing I can reason because the screen flashes like its trying to initialize the game but then the error pops up so........

Ill keep tinkering.
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 09:15 PM   #18
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

WOW! That's low end gpu...Could be although I play PE on a SIS Mirage 672 with barely 64 mbs dedicated and 128 mbs shared video memory( probably one of the lowest end gpu you can find nowadays) and while a bit choppy at times the games play wells albeit at 640 X 480 res. and I have PE3 working well with that but my OS is XP because I suspect running the same gpu with Vista or Win 7 with such a deadhorse would crash my game.

Try downloading again PE3 and re-installing it with patch1.1 only.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-11, 06:06 AM   #19
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24

No luck. Although I did add the smooth terrains and the updated Normandy mods and I can play it fully cranked at 1024x768 smoothly as ice.

Also some effects mod by Joe that's nice.

So its coming along just nothing to do with PE-x will work in any way shape or form!
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 06:26 AM   #20
red_scope
Dive to drown.

Downloads: 139

Greets.

I just so happen to have fixed my install, and maybe my advice can help others. (I had the same gameproject crash- return to desktop and can`t switch back to program error.)

I am using win7

Step by Step...

1) install game. c:\PanzerElite
2) extract patch 1.2-patchdat to root directory- c:\PanzerElite
3) extract seamless terrain files to root directory.
4) compatibility mode win98 on: 3d_control_center, mod_enabler, mymenu, gameproject, panzer_elite.
5) desktop to 16 bit.*
6) extract PanzerEliteThree, Scenarios2009PE3, Scenarios2010PE3 to root.
7) activate mods PE3 then scen2009 and lastly scen2010 with mod_enabler
8) en voila!

*) it seems that 32bit doesnt work, enable both desktop and game setting to 16 bit.

Good luck