SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-16, 08:45 PM   #16
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Sailor View Post
Hey Rockin,

I can probably help with the architecture if I still remember how to crack the file structure. You may remember me as dgrayson from the UBI forum. I have some pretty good experience at Modding.

Let me know if I can help. I am retired now and have some time to spare.
Absolutely amazing! Thank you for your contributions to Silent Hunter with the Trans-Atlantic Radio Mod and the incomparable TMO with Traning Wheels. With your help our chances of striking an iceburg are considerably reduced. Welcome aboard, sir!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 09:24 PM   #17
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Icon14 FOTRS Ultimate -- Maddy's greatest hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Could you work up the 2.0 sound folder as a JSGME add-on for v1.3? Then we can just use it as a building block for the awesomeness to come! Great work! It's a major part of what we want to accomplish. Now the fun part--importing 2.0 ships to 1.3.

FOTRS Ultimate -- Maddy's greatest hits.

In the meantime I'm uploading 2.0 now. I may have to get Neal to allocate me more FTP space here.
Yes, I think I can.
All of the v2.0 new sounds are playing correctly so far. Continuing sound testing with deeper diving subs. The pigboat doesn't have creaking sounds at all, but that's normal, never had in FOTRS. Man, these deep creaks can make one shiver!!

I'll test the sound files structure and functionality as a JSGME addon and report when it's ready.

Welcome Florida Sailor!! Glad you're here!
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 01:55 AM   #18
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have the best sounds of forts built into "my" ModSoup.

I still wonder where Maddy is ...?!?
Old 05-28-16, 07:14 AM   #19
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
I have the best sounds of forts built into "my" ModSoup.

I still wonder where Maddy is ...?!?
Agreed. I wish we knew why the AOTD site is down too. It would be much better if this were a Maddy project. But truthfully, he might have a different vision than we. Otherwise, why would v2.0 only work with SH4 1.4? His vision and ours are a little bit different there.

Now your sounds in ModSoup. Are they all Maddy sounds? Did you take the sounds from 2.0 that are so awesome in ? And of course those visuals are just stunning! We must end up with those!

Make no mistake. When we're done the headline author is AOTD_MadMax. We're just organizers.

One thing I'd like to talk about, and this would require permission from CapnScurvy. I'd like to import his periscope from OTC into FOTRS Ultimate without the other aspects of OTC. It is just completely superior to any periscope ever in any of the Silent Hunter games.

I still haven't got more space on the Subsim FTP site to allow FOTRS 1.2 and FOTRS 2.0 to be uploaded here. I have 1.5 GB and need at least 3.3 GB, preferrably 4.3 to have room for FOTRS Ultimate. That's in process. In the meantime, bleiente, looks like I have to take a good look at your soup!
Old 05-28-16, 08:04 AM   #20
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
Make no mistake. When we're done the headline author is AOTD_MadMax. We're just organizers.
Absolutely - this is his symphony
You are the conductor

Quote:
One thing I'd like to talk about, and this would require permission from CapnScurvy. I'd like to import his periscope from OTC into FOTRS Ultimate without the other aspects of OTC. It is just completely superior to any periscope ever in any of the Silent Hunter games
This just gets better and better
CapnScurvy's OTC is, as you say, absolutely the best optics mod I have ever seen

On another note
As you have said, we can do a version of Razzle Dazzle for FOTRS Ultimate and have it as an optional patch.
I am well up for this
(That is British slang for very enthusiastic!)
Once you are ready please feel free to send me the new ship files and I will happily see what I can do

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 08:43 AM   #21
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Where can I get a copy of FOTRS v1.3? I only have a copy of v1.2.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 08:52 AM   #22
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Agreed. I wish we knew why the AOTD site is down too. It would be much better if this were a Maddy project. But truthfully, he might have a different vision than we. Otherwise, why would v2.0 only work with SH4 1.4? His vision and ours are a little bit different there...
I downloaded my v1.3 from the ftp site somewhere off of AOTD The First German Silent Hunter Fleet - FOTRS, which is in German. The FOTRS section linked there hasn't seen too much activity, but other sections of their site have. Maybe he's active somewhere on there. If I can figure out how I found his ftp site, I'll let you know. I do remember MadMax mentioning that they used v1.4 instead of 1.5 account they felt that the multi-player networking worked better in v1.4...

Edit: Got it: http://www.aotd.de/FOTRS/ - not really an ftp, and they apparently don't restrict access

Last edited by propbeanie; 05-28-16 at 08:55 AM. Reason: link added
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 10:07 AM   #23
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I downloaded my v1.3 from the ftp site somewhere off of AOTD The First German Silent Hunter Fleet - FOTRS, which is in German. The FOTRS section linked there hasn't seen too much activity, but other sections of their site have. Maybe he's active somewhere on there. If I can figure out how I found his ftp site, I'll let you know. I do remember MadMax mentioning that they used v1.4 instead of 1.5 account they felt that the multi-player networking worked better in v1.4...

Edit: Got it: http://www.aotd.de/FOTRS/ - not really an ftp, and they apparently don't restrict access

Thanks.

Old 05-28-16, 10:28 AM   #24
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

Cdrsubron7, the FOTRS download here, on Subsim, is v1.3. The download title is misleading. I downloaded it from here and it runs fine.

Bleiente, the screenshots posted in your mod soup are maybe the most beautiful I've seen. Sincerely. Maybe you could use your talent and create a similar FOTRS soup!

Rockin, I've got good news and bad news.

The good is that Maddy has a lot of test missions so I was able to test all the sounds of v2.0, including planes. I confirm that everything works in 1.3 the same as 2.0 except the extended crew responces. I have no idea how to get these to run. They're the same as TMOv2.5.

The bad is that the ghost of ticking sound haunts me again. I located where the problem is. The creaking sounds when underwater. With v2.o sounds running, the program tries to play a creaking sound every 2-3 seconds, making the game unplayable. I've tested everything on my desktop and my wife's laptop with the same results. In v1.3, it was a repeating ticking sound.
Now its worst.

Does anyone else experience this situation?
For example, get a Gato, dive rapidly to 420 feet, stay there for a minute or so, get to perscope depth. Repeat the process. In real time of course. Do you hear a sound repeating every 2-3 seconds? Are the creaking sounds playing?
Give me some feedback, please.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 02:40 PM   #25
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Default Edgar, is that you?..

Perhaps, the ghost of Edgar Allan Poe be hauntin' ye witt his Tell Tale Heart under the floor boards...

I'll see if I can cross-grade my install later tonight & see if I gets me 'creaks' or 'ticks'...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 03:26 PM   #26
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

FOTRS 1.3 is now uploaded to the Subsim download area and we no longer have to chase the surviving remnants all over the Internet. I just received a grant of more FTP space from Neal and I'll be uploading 1.2 and 2.0 ASAP.

Then we'll all have the same files to work with.
Old 05-28-16, 04:32 PM   #27
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
Cdrsubron7, the FOTRS download here, on Subsim, is v1.3. The download title is misleading. I downloaded it from here and it runs fine.

Bleiente, the screenshots posted in your mod soup are maybe the most beautiful I've seen. Sincerely. Maybe you could use your talent and create a similar FOTRS soup!

Rockin, I've got good news and bad news.

The good is that Maddy has a lot of test missions so I was able to test all the sounds of v2.0, including planes. I confirm that everything works in 1.3 the same as 2.0 except the extended crew responces. I have no idea how to get these to run. They're the same as TMOv2.5.

The bad is that the ghost of ticking sound haunts me again. I located where the problem is. The creaking sounds when underwater. With v2.o sounds running, the program tries to play a creaking sound every 2-3 seconds, making the game unplayable. I've tested everything on my desktop and my wife's laptop with the same results. In v1.3, it was a repeating ticking sound.
Now its worst.

Does anyone else experience this situation?
For example, get a Gato, dive rapidly to 420 feet, stay there for a minute or so, get to perscope depth. Repeat the process. In real time of course. Do you hear a sound repeating every 2-3 seconds? Are the creaking sounds playing?
Give me some feedback, please.

I will report back with an answer for you a little later on this evening after I've installed FOTRS and given it a trail run.

Old 05-28-16, 04:59 PM   #28
Florida Sailor
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 27

[QUOTE=Rockin Robbins;Welcome aboard, sir![/QUOTE]

Proud to be here Rockin.
Downloaded the beast successfully, just need a couple of days to look under the hood and see what's in there.

D

Dog down the hatches and take her deep boys!
Florida Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 05:49 PM   #29
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

The heart of it should look mighty familiar, Sailor. It's TMO 1.7, which was about my favorite version. I have FOTRS 2.0 uploaded but no download in the Subsim downloads section yet. 1.3 is there and operational. I'll have to check 1.2, but it's a link to my dropbox and people have had problems with it. I'm uploading 1.2 now and I'll replace the 1.2 download link to point to Subsim to eliminate the problems.

Then our work of preserving Maddy's work is done and it's on to FOTRS Ultimate. Some of you guys are already way ahead of me and that's good.

I'm thinking that on the annoying creak/tick we could just eliminate or replace the offending sound. It can take some detective work to find the right sound file. Once we find it we can fix it.
Old 05-28-16, 06:07 PM   #30
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

FOTRS 2.0 is uploaded and available for download!
FOTRS 1.3 is uploaded and available for download!
FOTRS 1.2 is uploaded and available for download!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 05-28-16 at 07:14 PM.