SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2019, 12:29 AM   #586
Yugumo
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0
Default

Great thanks to you,I was wondering if you would like to make French La Galissonnière class cruisers for SH3?
They are considered fast, reliable and successful ships.
Yugumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:02 AM   #587
gap
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CJ8937
Posts: 7,765
Downloads: 769
Uploads: 10


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugumo View Post
Great thanks to you,I was wondering if you would like to make French La Galissonnière class cruisers for SH3?
They are considered fast, reliable and successful ships.
Hi Yugumo,

welcome aboard mate

For your information a detailed and game-ready model of the French light cruiser by Wargaming (the developers of World of Warships), is available for download at the following link:

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/la-g...ff0c915a728cec

The model is published under the Attribution / Non-commercial CC 4.0 license, so using it in a SH mod should be okay as far as the original authors are credited in the readme file, and the mod is free.
__________________
_____________________
|May the Force be with you!|
...\/
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:31 AM   #588
VonDos
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,535
Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugumo View Post
Great thanks to you,I was wondering if you would like to make French La Galissonnière class cruisers for SH3?
They are considered fast, reliable and successful ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Yugumo,

welcome aboard mate

For your information a detailed and game-ready model of the French light cruiser by Wargaming (the developers of World of Warships), is available for download at the following link:

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/la-g...ff0c915a728cec

The model is published under the Attribution / Non-commercial CC 4.0 license, so using it in a SH mod should be okay as far as the original authors are credited in the readme file, and the mod is free.
Hi mates!
Actually, i'm working on an early La Galissoniere WIP!
In those days i've been really busy, so progress bar is really slow.
There is just an hull, but this is something.
I can use Wargaming's model as reference, but i'll make my own model because... well, half of the fun is in 3d modeling

Btw, i'm also glad to annunce another WIP, a modern hospital ship based on Wilhelm Gustloff\Robert Ley german converted cruise ships:





Model is based on original AOTD_MadMax's 2007 release, reworked, reproportioned, added details, re-uvmapped and with light effects for night!
I'm trying to contact author but still missing on this site from a couple of years.. does anyone know how to contact him please?
Ten years ago he allow me to use all his model, but i'd like to ask him again, for be sure, after all this time

Best regards,
Vd
__________________

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508

Last edited by VonDos; 09-05-2019 at 04:46 AM.
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:15 AM   #589
gap
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CJ8937
Posts: 7,765
Downloads: 769
Uploads: 10


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Hi mates!
Actually, i'm working on an early La Galissoniere WIP!
In those days i've been really busy, so progress bar is really slow.
There is just an hull, but this is something.
I can use Wargaming's model as reference, but i'll make my own model because... well, half of the fun is in 3d modeling
Good plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Btw, i'm also glad to annunce another WIP, a modern hospital ship based on Wilhelm Gustloff\Robert Ley german converted cruise ships:
...and awesome previews of your next releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Model is based on original AOTD_MadMax's 2007 release, reworked, reproportioned, added details, re-uvmapped and with light effects for night!
I'm trying to contact author but still missing on this site from a couple of years.. does anyone know how to contact him please?
Ten years ago he allow me to use all his model, but i'd like to ask him again, for be sure, after all this time
Unfortunately I can't help you on that. Your wise conduct about credits and permissions is commendable, but since you already got MadMax's permission, I think that crediting him as he deserves will be enough
__________________
_____________________
|May the Force be with you!|
...\/
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #590
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Russia
Posts: 660
Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0
Default

See you e-mail.
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:05 AM   #591
VonDos
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,535
Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi everyone!
While making some tests in a 1vs1 cruisers battle, i've found some missing faces on the keel of Da Giussano cruiser.
I've replaced them, this is the fixed version:



D\L: http://www.filedropper.com/ncldagiussano
please replace previous versions!!

Sorry, and best regards,
Vd
__________________

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #592
s7rikeback
I break things
 
s7rikeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 599
Downloads: 822
Uploads: 6


Default

Thank you VonDos for allowing the FotRSU team to use some of your models to upgrade their models to the latest versions.

__________________



s7rikeback's - Silent Hunter Mod Collection

"RIP Mum, I will never forget you"
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:52 AM   #593
VonDos
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,535
Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Thank you VonDos for allowing the FotRSU team to use some of your models to upgrade their models to the latest versions.

You're welcome mate!
Glad you choose to use them!


Best regards,
Vd
__________________

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:26 AM   #594
TheGreatBritannia
Nub
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default

Hey VonDos

I'm loving your ship models, they look superb . Just one question, I have downloaded a few ships into my game and I'm wondering if it's possible for them to spawn into a campaign game. If not, is there any way for me to add them into one.

Keep up the great work
TheGreatBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #595
VonDos
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,535
Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBritannia View Post
Hey VonDos

I'm loving your ship models, they look superb . Just one question, I have downloaded a few ships into my game and I'm wondering if it's possible for them to spawn into a campaign game. If not, is there any way for me to add them into one.

Keep up the great work
Hi TheGreatBritannia, and thanks!

Well, civil units will be spawned into campaign as "random units", as single ships or in convoy.
About military vessels, this can be different. Some, for example british CL and BB will be spawned in rare convoy also, others, for example italian warships, will not.

I suggest you to read a guide about Mission Editor. This utility is included into SH3 installation, and allow you to modify Scripted Layer and Random Layer.
Those files regulates spawning of both civil and military ships (time and place) into a campaign game. I'll also learn how to create single or multiplayer mission

You can find a lot of info about Mission Editor into "SH3 Mission Designers' Forum", here on SubSim.

Best regards,
Vd
__________________

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:18 AM   #596
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 18,096
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default Welcome aboard!

TheGreatBritannia!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe..." -Albert Einstein
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:09 PM   #597
TheGreatBritannia
Nub
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default

Thanks for the info and also Thanks for the Welcome, I'll definitely enjoy my stay here
TheGreatBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:59 AM   #598
mjfarrell20
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 7
Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Icon13 SH5?

So am I able to download for silent hunter 5? Have not seen a liner yet and my museum crashes when I try to check them out. No video on it either kinda stuck
mjfarrell20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:35 AM   #599
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 18,096
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default welcome aboard!

mjfarrell20!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe..." -Albert Einstein
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:56 AM   #600
VonDos
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,535
Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfarrell20 View Post
So am I able to download for silent hunter 5? Have not seen a liner yet and my museum crashes when I try to check them out. No video on it either kinda stuck
Welcome aboard, mjfarrel20!
Those ship are designe for silent hunter III. Some had been converted for sh5 and are included in megamods. So, i think "conversion" should be done if you want to use a non sh5 ship in sh5

Best regards,
Vd
__________________

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
battleships , cruisers , ocean liners , shiii , vondos

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2020 Subsim