Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-19, 10:08 PM   #1
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Default Another AOD benefit

You can have it running at the same time SHx is. Nothing happening in one, alt-tab to the other !
Old 05-21-19, 05:06 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
You can have it running at the same time SHx is. Nothing happening in one, alt-tab to the other !

Are you joking
I imagine you can change to SH3/SH5 if you want to make some map plotting for your AOD game

If only there was a mod to eliminate the easy convoy spotting on AOD map and get some map plotting features in-game...I wonder why they didn't add a simple protractor, circle and marker for the map. Same with SH1 btw.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 06:31 AM   #3
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Are you joking
I imagine you can change to SH3/SH5 if you want to make some map plotting for your AOD game

If only there was a mod to eliminate the easy convoy spotting on AOD map and get some map plotting features in-game...I wonder why they didn't add a simple protractor, circle and marker for the map. Same with SH1 btw.
No seriously, I do it all the time. AOD being easy on pc resources, it's easy to have them both running at the same time. And it does many things much better than Shx.
I don't mind the convoy spotting, as I just consider it part of any planes, other subs/ships, my watch, etc. doing their job. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean.
I actually prefer some of the ways AOD handles things vs. the unrealistic "captain does everything that his crew is supposed to do" ala SHx.
But then, I don't even listen to the hydrophones for this reason in Sh3.

Map plotting would be nice though.
Old 05-21-19, 08:24 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107

AFAIK, SH3 with the WAC5 mod, which is specially designed with a strong campaign to include the most historical sea events during WWII, this mod will give you the most traffic action, even more than GWX, so play this mod if you want 'action'!

By using SH3 Commander you can time your patrol entry in the game to meet specific actions (like the starting German sea war in Poland, or the Norvegian operations Weserübung etc.).
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 08:29 AM   #5
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
AFAIK, SH3 with the WAC5 mod, which is specially designed with a strong campaign to include the most historical sea events during WWII, this mod will give you the most traffic action, even more than GWX, so play this mod if you want 'action'!

By using SH3 Commander you can time your patrol entry in the game to meet specific actions (like the starting German sea war in Poland, or the Norvegian operations Weserübung etc.).
Thanks, but my laptop can't handle WAC. I play GWX and NYGM but lack of action isn't a concern in either.
Or at all for that matter. I get a lot of other things done running them at 1x tc during the day, besides it's summer here !