SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-29-20, 05:13 PM   #31
DrJester
Watch

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmarrington View Post
Here are my save files

https://easyupload.io/m/14501u

If U need RichSaveGames, I'll send these as well

Yep, I'll need the RichSaveGames. Only those won't show up on my game.
Old 07-29-20, 06:44 PM   #32
DrJester
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Hey Jester,

Just out of curiosity, as I also have the Op Monsun: Dark, as well.. I did a test run with your mod, added in to it & can report the following end results:

Type II D:

box outlines at each light-bulb, inside the sub. Everything else looked marvelous... simply marvelous.

Type VII-C:

See Type II D report above...

Type IX-D:

Same as Type VII-C... See Type II D report above...

I did this while using the sub school training & NOT in an actual career.. but.. can conceive the end results from these tests, would also apply in a career aspect, as well.

I believe it is 1 of the interior only halo's, that could be the culprit.. as the exterior one, namely the 1/1's for the sun, works just fine... if need be, I can send My game save file/s as well to use as a base line to compare them to, to johnmarrington's set that they sent you.... should you need them.

Just say the word & I shall see of zipping it & attaching it so you can access it.

M. M.

I just checked the Steam page for the u-boat missions and it doesn't have those submarines. I can give it a go in trying to fix it. But I don't have the mod and I've tested it, exclusively, on FotRSU mod.

For now, try deleting these files: Uboat9D2_CT_int_halo, Uboat9D2_RR_int_halo, Uboat18_CT_int_halo, Uboat18_RR_int_halo (Disable the mod first, then from the mod folder delete these files)

Then tell me if the problem persists.

Looking at the picture shared by johnmarrington, I'm starting to suspect it might be int_halo, lighthalo and/or lightspot. If so, then deleting those files might work('ll have to add this to the readme)

EDIT: Here's the updated mod. Converted a few other textures to DXT1, lowering its size and improving the memory management. See if this helps. https://sharemods.com/9714i4hhac1q/D...eta_2.zip.html

Last edited by DrJester; 07-29-20 at 07:11 PM.
DrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 08:44 PM   #33
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Op. Monsun: Dark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJester View Post
I just checked the Steam page for the u-boat missions and it doesn't have those submarines. I can give it a go in trying to fix it. But I don't have the mod and I've tested it, exclusively, on FotRSU mod.

For now, try deleting these files: Uboat9D2_CT_int_halo, Uboat9D2_RR_int_halo, Uboat18_CT_int_halo, Uboat18_RR_int_halo (Disable the mod first, then from the mod folder delete these files)

Looking at the picture shared by johnmarrington, I'm starting to suspect it might be int_halo, lighthalo and/or lightspot. If so, then deleting those files might work('ll have to add this to the readme)

EDIT: Here's the updated mod. Converted a few other textures to DXT1, lowering its size and improving the memory management. See if this helps. https://sharemods.com/9714i4hhac1q/D...eta_2.zip.html
Hey Jester,

I shall see of checking the 1st mod, taking out the mentioned items & putting them into a folder outside of the game... and see if in doing that works. Will download and check the update & see if that works with Operation Monsun: Dark Waters v6, and report back on what I find out...

M. M.

p.s.

Mod, as it stands (the original 1, that is..) works fine with FotRS: U-EN... looks great with it.
Old 07-29-20, 11:15 PM   #34
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:

Quote:
Hey Jester,

I shall see of checking the 1st mod, taking out the mentioned items & putting them into a folder outside of the game... and see if in doing that works. Will download and check the update & see if that works with Operation Monsun: Dark Waters v6, and report back on what I find out...

M. M.

p.s.

Mod, as it stands (the original 1, that is..) works fine with FotRS: U-EN... looks great with it.
Hey DrJester,

Ok, This is a report on My findings, after running further testing of the mod in conjunction with Operation Monsun Enhanced: Dark Waters, as follows:

After deactivating the mod in JSGME, I went into the folder itself, took out these files: Uboat9D2_CT_int_halo, Uboat9D2_RR_int_halo, Uboat18_CT_int_halo, Uboat18_RR_int_halo (Removed them from the mod folder, rather than deleting, so as to be able to replace them in, in the event this step did NOT do the trick). Removing them, of course, DID NOT fix the boxy halo around the interior lights aka light bulbs... so, I replaced them back in.. then moved on to the next item to check out in the list of possible suspects.

int_halo:

I removed this from the original mod folder (DrJester's Environment Overhaul) & tucked it away, again in the same folder on My desktop that I stuck the previous files in... then proceeded to test run the game...

and.. struck pay dirt. Halo's for Me, were gone... light from the bulbs, of course, still shined from them.

I did test the beta 2 version, as is, and with it.. did NOT run into any box halo's... and that test run, was with the mod exactly as it came out of the zipped box. I did cross check it against the original mod, before running My testing I outlined above with the original mod.

Any way, that is the end results from testing...

M. M.

Old 07-30-20, 01:56 AM   #35
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Aside from what's being reported, I got lots of errors while extracting the mod; anyone else had this?

Just to be safe I have not enabled it. I will try downloading it again, but thought you should be aware.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 02:32 AM   #36
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Aside from what's being reported, I got lots of errors while extracting the mod; anyone else had this?

Just to be safe I have not enabled it. I will try downloading it again, but thought you should be aware.
I didn't have any errors, during the unzip process.. I use 7zip for all unzipping.

What are you using for unzipping.? Is it up to date.? Just asking, for clarification...

M. M.

Old 07-30-20, 10:57 AM   #37
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I am unable to download the new version here in the midwest US, since the share site insists on installing a Chrome toolbar to my non-Chrome browser, which I do not want, and will not install, so therefore, it never goes to the download itself...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 11:46 AM   #38
DrJester
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am unable to download the new version here in the midwest US, since the share site insists on installing a Chrome toolbar to my non-Chrome browser, which I do not want, and will not install, so therefore, it never goes to the download itself...
That's weird. For me it didn't even ask me to do that. I chose this one because the mediafire website was accidentally doxxing me, and I had to keep deleting stuff to upload the mod(this one offers me unlimited uploads).

Can you recommend me a good website to upload the mod?

Until then, I will PM you a mediafire link.

Quote:
Hey DrJester,

Ok, This is a report on My findings, after running further testing of the mod in conjunction with Operation Monsun Enhanced: Dark Waters, as follows:

After deactivating the mod in JSGME, I went into the folder itself, took out these files: Uboat9D2_CT_int_halo, Uboat9D2_RR_int_halo, Uboat18_CT_int_halo, Uboat18_RR_int_halo (Removed them from the mod folder, rather than deleting, so as to be able to replace them in, in the event this step did NOT do the trick). Removing them, of course, DID NOT fix the boxy halo around the interior lights aka light bulbs... so, I replaced them back in.. then moved on to the next item to check out in the list of possible suspects.

int_halo:

I removed this from the original mod folder (DrJester's Environment Overhaul) & tucked it away, again in the same folder on My desktop that I stuck the previous files in... then proceeded to test run the game...

and.. struck pay dirt. Halo's for Me, were gone... light from the bulbs, of course, still shined from them.

I did test the beta 2 version, as is, and with it.. did NOT run into any box halo's... and that test run, was with the mod exactly as it came out of the zipped box. I did cross check it against the original mod, before running My testing I outlined above with the original mod.

Any way, that is the end results from testing...

M. M.

Thyank you for the testing! Turns out, it seems to use the same light halo as the lighthouses. Thank goodness the Beta 2 seems to be working better now. If you run into any more problems, write here, so I can try to fix it. And eventually release the mod officially!

Quote:
I didn't have any errors, during the unzip process.. I use 7zip for all unzipping.

What are you using for unzipping.? Is it up to date.? Just asking, for clarification...

M. M.

I used 7zip to compress it. In fact, to keep the size down, I used high compression. @iambecomelife, what program are you using? Maybe it doesn't like the high compression I used. I'll try and use a low compression if the program doesn't like it.
Old 07-30-20, 02:20 PM   #39
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The MediaFire link is fine. It's just the "Share" site that did that to me. I do have it downloaded now, and while there is a noticeable hit on the Win10 laptop with onboard Intel graphics, it is not nearly as heavy as the first beta. I'll check it out here in a little on the desktop and edit this post later.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 03:18 PM   #40
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

I tried it out last night and I like it a lot! The stars make it so beautiful!

This kinda made me feel like I was trapped inside a snow globe, lol.

I had the same problem as reported earlier,

I also have a another problem. I completed a patrol and I started the next one, I left port when it was dark out, supposed to be night. The sky was dark but the sun was out and the water was a light blue like it should be if it was day.
Very strange.

EDIT: I just saw the updated version, the only problem is that my WiFi blocks it. Could you possibly upload it to Mediafire please?

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 09:04 AM   #41
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

Downloads: 469

Not sure about this one.. Your hosting sight bothers me.. Everytime I click the link in the first post to d/l the mod this pops up from my Security Software.

Mediafire would be a safe place to host this mod and its free.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (75.3 KB, 7 views)
4H_Ccrashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 01:08 PM   #42
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Installed and enabled the update. Not sure if the lighthouses still have any issues but something else popped up.

Not sure if its due to the Starry Night mod or the base mod itself.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 05:40 PM   #43
DrJester
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Installed and enabled the update. Not sure if the lighthouses still have any issues but something else popped up.

Not sure if its due to the Starry Night mod or the base mod itself.
The flares, I was having the same issue, but I ended up renaming the files, and what you got was the default file. Why or how the default file ended up having a black background is also a head scratcher for me!

Now, that one, at the bottom. Damn... I thought I had caught all of them! Apparently, I didn't.

I think that might be "lighthalo.dds". I'll have to check it here(I wish the ships would show their search lights more often so I could test those things easier).

And in regards to the download website, I'll see if I can use the google drive here. I'll upload the Beta 2 to it, and then try to fix the latest disappointment.

New download link(Still the Beta 2): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tnn...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by DrJester; 07-31-20 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-31-20, 10:16 PM   #44
DrJester
Watch

Let's give this one a go... BETA 3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W5i...ew?usp=sharing

Gosh, it was a major pain to find out what was causing the issue of black background on the flares. But I think I got it.

Last edited by DrJester; 07-31-20 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-03-20, 09:34 AM   #45
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: last beta mod tested...

Quote:
Let's give this one a go... BETA 3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W5i...ew?usp=sharing

Gosh, it was a major pain to find out what was causing the issue of black background on the flares. But I think I got it.
Hey DrJester,

Just wanted to give you a heads up... I downloaded, unzipped, activated & ran a test of the latest mod with Operation Monsun Enhanced: Dark Waters... and...

success, thus far. Have not ran into any issues with weird looking halo's around light bulbs, sun looks as it should be.. & as far as I can tell.. it should have the issues with search lights & lighthouses also fixed.

Will proceed further with career mode & report back later on, when I get to starting out of harbor and there is a lighthouse around or run into a convoy at night with ships that have searchlights available to further check on that aspect.

I'll take some time & see of adding it in to FotRS & run a systems check with that mega, just to cross check it, as well & report back on that, as well.

Otherwise.. am loving the look of things with the mod enabled.

M. M.