SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-28-07, 12:32 PM   #781
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Hey Kaleu Mohr,

thanks for pointing out this thread. I must have missed that one. Seems as if there are some guys around who would be interested. And to be honest, youīre not the first one to approach me for this matter. Over in the German UBI forum I was asked about this as well. I donīt promise anything, but I can tell you, it is still on my list.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 12:44 PM   #782
Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck
Hey Kaleu Mohr,

thanks for pointing out this thread. I must have missed that one. Seems as if there are some guys around who would be interested. And to be honest, youīre not the first one to approach me for this matter. Over in the German UBI forum I was asked about this as well. I donīt promise anything, but I can tell you, it is still on my list.

Regards,
DD
manny thanks DD
and i would like to be the beta tester if you need one

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-07, 11:33 AM   #783
silentwayIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Default Is it possible to create an open hatch mod for the XXI?

Diving Duck:

Many of us play SHIII with the XXI using reconfigured basic and flotilla configs. So, I was wondering if your mod could be adapted for the XXI. Its a great mod and adds much to the immersion factor...can it be done and...would you do it at some time?

SilentwayIII
silentwayIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-07, 02:16 PM   #784
K Gunz
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 22
Default Open hatch in the Command Room

Genedige Urfisch,

What a great mod. Downloaded it last night and tried the mod in Kiel prior to setting off on patrol. One thing (you did say that you wanted to be informed of any observations), when I went to the radio and sonar rooms both of the crewmen were not at their posts (cleared off, AWOL - disciplinary matter I'm sure). Is this meant to happen (I was stationary in the dock) as normally the sonar and radioman are at their posts awaiting orders etc?

Bis dann,
K Gunz
K Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-07, 05:01 PM   #785
Jhereg
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 0

Hi DD, great work on this amazing mod!

I can not seem to find your interiors for the type II on your filefront page, FF might have nerfed them.
Jhereg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-07, 08:51 AM   #786
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin,

@silentwayIII:
it can be adapted. There have been others asking for this already. Sorry, I didnīt do til now. Never played the XXI so far. Last time I saved a mission was in June 2006. Itīs on my to do list. Hope you can live with that.

@K Gunn:
which version do you use? They should be in position after installation.

@Jhereg:
thanks for the info. Iīll have to check all my links. Seems as if FileFront deleted some files of mine without prior info that they have been qeued for deletion. Iīll re-upload the file in question.

Regards,
DD
Old 08-30-07, 02:23 PM   #787
K Gunz
Electrician's Mate

Default Open hatch in the CommandRoom!

Genedige DivingDuck,

Thanks for the response. I am running the VII (JSGME compatible ver) with Peri Correct and I am running the GWX mod. If I look at the crew icon (where you can see where all the crew are in the different compartments), positions are filled. When I then click on the radio/sonar icon and am actually looking at where the guys should be at their stations there are just the empty seats - the posts are unoccupied. If I look through the hatch into the command room, I can see the nav officer and weapons officers at their posts. Hope this helps because I have disabled the mod as I needed to get out on patrol. I will have to wait until U-83 hopefully returns safely to try this fabulous mod again.

Bis dann mein freund
K Gunz
Old 08-30-07, 03:18 PM   #788
silentwayIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Default XXI Open Hatch

DD:

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to when your XXI mod is available.

SilentwayIII
silentwayIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-07, 08:08 AM   #789
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin K Gunn,
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Gunn
Genedige DivingDuck,

Thanks for the response. I am running the VII (JSGME compatible ver) with Peri Correct ...
K Gunz
make sure to use the following versions and enable following this order:
  1. TypeVII_OpenHatch_V1.01
  2. TypeVII_OpenHatch_HiRes, if needed
  3. TypeVII_OpenHatch_Peri_Stock OR TypeVII_OpenHatch_Peri_Correct
The problem you reported occured with V1.0 only, IIRC. The actual version is linked directly from my sig. Try this one and report back if you donīt succeed.

Regards,
DD
Old 08-31-07, 01:15 PM   #790
K Gunz
Electrician's Mate

Default Open hatch in the CommandRoom

Genedige DD,

Many thanks for your response. I have checked the files that I downloaded and I did download the v1.01 and followed the instructions from earlier in this thread. You mention HIRes if needed (what is the difference between the HIRes and the other one - I am running a 32bit system, is the HIRes for use with a 64 bit?)- I ask that question because I don't think I used the HIRes version. Anyway, I will probably try deleting and then re-downloading and see if this helps (I am mid patrol at the moment and so will have to wait until (hopefully) U-83 makes it back).

Bis dann mein freund
K Gunz
Old 08-31-07, 01:32 PM   #791
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Hey K Gunn,

the mod was based on my NYGM installation. Thatīs why GWX users lost their HiRes gauges and interior textures. Therefore I released the HiRes addition. Other major mods than GWX and Stock may be affected as well. I donīt remember atm. If you didnīt recognize a loss of detail, you donīt need to enable HiRes. Check the installation instruction, it gives two screenshots regarding this matter.

Regarding your problem:
  1. which other mods are you running?
  2. what is the size of your NSS_UBoat7_RR.dat? (should be 0KB after installation)
Regards,
DD
Old 09-01-07, 03:19 PM   #792
K Gunz
Electrician's Mate

Genedige DD,

Thanks for the reply. I do not seem to have lost any detail in my command room graphics - except that my radio operator and sonar operator have deserted their posts . I am running a multitude of mods (obviously GWX) and others such as the Elite U-boat Uniform Mod, Improved Das Boot Icons Mod, Twisty Periscope Mod, Viib Skin Mod, Sea Floor bottom Mod, Extended Wakes Mod, Peri UZO Mod, Contact Colour Mod, Torpedo Damage Mod and loads of others. Does this help?

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Kind regards
K Gunz
Old 09-01-07, 04:26 PM   #793
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin K Gunn,

the easiest way would be to make a screenshot with JSGME open. And please check the size of the NSS_UBoat7_RR.dat after installation of OpenHatch.

Regards,
DD
Old 09-02-07, 01:58 AM   #794
K Gunz
Electrician's Mate

Genedige DD,

Thanks for your patience on this one. I couldn't figure out how to put a screen shot on here (I know there's just no hope for me is there?). I have taken a screen capture (snagit) of the JSGME open, is there any way I can attach that to these replies or forward it to you? Regarding the size of NSS_UBoat7_RR.dat after installation of OpenHatch - have just got back to Kiel after the most successful patrol I have completed and tried reloading the open hatch mod. The NSS_UBoat7_RR.dat shows as 0 bytes - could this be what the problem is?

Bis dann Karleun
K Gunz

Last edited by K Gunz; 09-02-07 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-02-07, 04:51 PM   #795
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin K Gunn,

if the file is 0KB in size everything should be fine.
Iīve heard about snagit, but never seen it. Which file format does it use? If it is a common image file format (jpg, bmp, gif, ...) I would recommend to use imageshack.us or photobucket.com to upload your screenshot. Both are free to use.

Regards,
DD