SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-10, 04:19 AM   #1501
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Moin Johnny,

start cross reading the 'command.cfg' file(s). Check OH manual page #4 for needed entries. You´ll probably have to adjust the 'cameras.dat' as well. But for testing OH´s cameras.dat should suffice.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 11:39 AM   #1502
JohnnyBlaze
Officer

Downloads: 204
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post
Moin Johnny,

start cross reading the 'command.cfg' file(s). Check OH manual page #4 for needed entries. You´ll probably have to adjust the 'cameras.dat' as well. But for testing OH´s cameras.dat should suffice.

Regards,
DD
I managed to fix both periscopes and the UZO.

After your open hatch mod I have the extender freecam and open hacth conning tower mods. Plus the fix for ACM periscopes.

I would like to have the freecam movement as my standard way to move around the sub. Now that we have the conning tower hatches open.
Any idea what entries I would have to modify in the cameras.dat to achieve this?

Thanks for your help so far

-Johnny
Old 03-09-10, 07:36 AM   #1503
Captain Nemo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 54

Now that the Fm New Interiors V1.0 mod is out, will development of this mod cease? The reason I ask is that whilst the new interiors mod is a fantastic addition to SH3, I have issues with the mod in certain ports. I know I can use the switches etc to get it to run but feel that this is not an ideal solution. This mod gives me much of what the interiors mod has without the added engine room etc, which sends my system over the edge.

Nemo

Sir John Slessor GCB, DSO, MC, DL
AOC-in-C Coastal Command RAF
Old 03-09-10, 07:44 AM   #1504
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin,

@JB:
messing around with the cameras.dat is not easy. You´d have to add a 'FreeMove' sub node and a 'CamPositioner' node to the camera in question.

@CaptainNemo:
OH development is on hold. I´m actually working at the update for FM_NI.

Regards,
DD
Old 03-29-10, 09:53 AM   #1505
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Downloads: 61

Sorry if that is expalined in this thread, but I have not found it using the search function and over hundred pages seems to much to check one by one.

I have seen this video and the hatch is opened with mouse (there is even a small light top right of the hatch), meanwhile in the 3.09 it is not like that.

Was it removed in the 3.09 or is my installation that is bad? I like it, in fact. The better would be to have both options (keyboard and mouse), of course.

Another thing, I saw other video where the green light top right of the sonar, lights when a sound is found, but it doesn't work neither. It is supposed to work in 3.09 or is still indeveloppment?

Thanks for any info
Darkbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 07:45 AM   #1506
Fender74
Helmsman

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbluesky View Post
Sorry if that is expalined in this thread, but I have not found it using the search function and over hundred pages seems to much to check one by one.

I have seen this video and the hatch is opened with mouse (there is even a small light top right of the hatch), meanwhile in the 3.09 it is not like that.

Was it removed in the 3.09 or is my installation that is bad? I like it, in fact. The better would be to have both options (keyboard and mouse), of course.

Another thing, I saw other video where the green light top right of the sonar, lights when a sound is found, but it doesn't work neither. It is supposed to work in 3.09 or is still indeveloppment?

Thanks for any info
same as above for me,but i can't open the hatch with the keyboard either.
and the obs scope doesn't go up and down.

Fender74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 05:02 PM   #1507
AlCord
Watch

Downloads: 17

After FM interior always CDTs to me I switched back to OH. But now I discovered a small thing in obs scope. There are small "10" everywhere in stock GWX. Any idea how to solve this? Didn't found anything in the documentation
AlCord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 01:49 AM   #1508
harryt8
Bosun

Downloads: 52
Default Ah the missing Helmsman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
The helmsman steers the boat Port and Starboard when on the surface and submerged. The main steering controls are the buttons on the box labelled BBC on the bulkhead just behind the chief engineer.

Unfortunately UBI, didn't think it important to actually give us the helmsman ....so you just have to imagine he is there!

The other two guys ( who appear and disappear ) are the planesman. They control the mini wing things (at the Fore and Aft of the submarine ) which help the boat to rise and fall during diving and keep it level (including the use of Trim Tanks) when under water.
So, finally the answer to my question: UbiSoft forgot to provide a helmsman although a Watch Officer (I presume) is designated Helmsman when you run the curser over him. I presume it's nigh on impossible to provide one, which negates my comment that it must be almost impossible to steer a U-boat with buttons.
Surely U-boats had a wheel? What's the historic perspective?
Submarines subsequently incorporated the rudder/wheel into the after-planes both dived and surfaced. with the planes being disengaged on the surface.
harryt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 02:20 AM   #1509
MCHALO12
Gunner

Downloads: 41

No it's not impossible, there will be a Helmsman in the new Type II Interiour:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...d.php?t=176001

The newer submarines like Type VII and IX were actually steered with the mentioned buttons when rudders were moved with electric motors. When the auxiliary motors did not work or energy had to be saved, the rudders were moved with the wheels around the buttons.

Best regards, MCHALO.
MCHALO12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 10:16 AM   #1510
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryt8 View Post
So, finally the answer to my question: UbiSoft forgot to provide a helmsman although a Watch Officer (I presume) is designated Helmsman when you run the curser over him.
Actually that's your LI (Chief Engineer), who is responsible for the fine control of the boat as well as other things. Yes, they mislabelled him and left the actual helmsman out altogether. Both problems are fixed in SH5 (of course a lot of new ones are created, but that's another story).
Old 03-04-11, 02:23 PM   #1511
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin,

if I ever returned to modding OH, what improvements to the interior have been made during the months of my absence that would definitely need to be considered before I start bending any code?

Regards,
DD
Old 03-05-11, 12:49 PM   #1512
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

I don't keep up with the news, new mods and models released as much as before, so I can't say how to improve the OH mod, really.
But still, here's a
Old 08-12-11, 10:49 AM   #1513
JOEKILLNUBS
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 68

I LOVE THIS! But I need help Im pressing Shift and O and the obs. Periscope works but the animation isnt showing it just sits there when its risen... can anyone help me with this? And again this mod is probably the best Ive seen in a while.
JOEKILLNUBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 06:58 AM   #1514
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin and Welcome to Subsim,

if it´s not for the typeIX, I´d suggest to go for FM_NI. It features a newer version of the typeVII OH and introduces new interior compartments + an animated engine. If it is the typeIX OH you´re after, post a JSGME screenie, please.

Regards,
DD
Old 08-15-11, 09:55 AM   #1515
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Awesome gif! Consider it respectfully stolen, and don't be surprised if I use it from time to time.