SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-11, 07:40 PM   #121
bojan811
Engineer

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

I enebled this mod and tried to play the flack attack in academy.
I hit a tanker few times in the exam and he was all in flames...BIG fire and i tred to wait and see will he "burn to death'' so i started to shadow him for 10-11 houres shoot him 1-3 times he was all in flames...so i waited a little bit longer and the night kicked + stormy weather and i lost him form sight.
So all in all with the flames like house he managed to escape/die in silence from me...with this mod enebled.
And in the same exam the other ship (forgothed his tipe, the small one) was dead afther few hits and some wait time.

So how to be sure that this works?
bojan811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 03:33 PM   #122
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi,

I've never tested this mod, but I guess it should be easy to do so. Just open the file with S3Editor and increase the range and hitpoints of the spawned depth-charges. With large values you should definitely see an impact at some point (maybe you have to do a few test runs).

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 06:09 PM   #123
bojan811
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi,

I've never tested this mod, but I guess it should be easy to do so. Just open the file with S3Editor and increase the range and hitpoints of the spawned depth-charges. With large values you should definitely see an impact at some point (maybe you have to do a few test runs).

Cheers, LGN1
Wait a sec...range and hit points of the spawned depth-charges.
I think we have a misunderstanding here.
Am talking about a the ships who have suffered torpedo hit and wore on fire but even with 10-15 h passed refused to die.

So the question is how much damage a fire is causing to a single ship?
Old 05-09-11, 02:14 PM   #124
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi bojan811,

just take a look at the file with Silent3ditor. You will then see why I'm talking about depth charges,... I assume you are familiar with Silent3ditor.

Cheers, LGN1
Old 05-10-11, 07:46 AM   #125
bojan811
Engineer

I instaled it a few days ago, but i am not that familiar with it.
Little tip or help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-10-11, 12:53 PM   #126
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi,

when you open TDW's file with Silent 3ditor you should see a list with names on the left side:

0:AuthorInfo
1:Start
2:Node-Small_Fire_DC

When you click on the '+' on the left of '2:Node-Small_Fire_DC', you should get some new names:

3:Small_Fire_DC
4:ShellCounter
6:amun_DepthCharge

Click on the '+' left of '8:AmmoDamageInfo' and then click on '9:AmmoDamageInfo'. In the 'Property tree' on the right you should now see the AmmoDamageInfo:

MinEF = ...

These are the values for the depth charges that are spawned by the fire and that damage the ship. When you click on a line, you should get some useful information about the entry in the 'Property details' below (its effect). You can also change the values there.

Just try to increase the values and see what happens (IIRC, these depth charges are not always spawned. So, run several tests to see whether there is an effect).

I hope this explanation helps.

Cheers, LGN1

PS: Just as a reference: The C3 ship has 575 hitpoints in GWX.
Old 05-10-11, 02:17 PM   #127
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Thanx for elaborating this LGN!
Not used the mod, but plan too!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 04:06 PM   #128
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan811 View Post
I enebled this mod and tried to play the flack attack in academy.
I hit a tanker few times in the exam and he was all in flames...BIG fire and i tred to wait and see will he "burn to death'' so i started to shadow him for 10-11 houres shoot him 1-3 times he was all in flames...so i waited a little bit longer and the night kicked + stormy weather and i lost him form sight.
So all in all with the flames like house he managed to escape/die in silence from me...with this mod enebled.
And in the same exam the other ship (forgothed his tipe, the small one) was dead afther few hits and some wait time.

So how to be sure that this works?
It works, I can asure you. I made several tests with it, it's flawless and customizable as LGN1 said.
It's based (call the damage routine) on fire/smoke original Ids...so if you have a mod that add special fx fire/smoke or just changes these ids it could not work as intent at all.
Old 05-10-11, 05:48 PM   #129
bojan811
Engineer

@rubini
Here is my mod list is this ok like this.

Can you recommend some mods who could go with this?
Old 05-10-11, 06:19 PM   #130
Bakkels
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
It works, I can asure you. I made several tests with it, it's flawless and customizable as LGN1 said.
It's based (call the damage routine) on fire/smoke original Ids...so if you have a mod that add special fx fire/smoke or just changes these ids it could not work as intent at all.
Well DarkWraith said in the opening post: "...due to the way I made it work, it can be used with stock or any mod"
I'm running the 'Sh4 effects for sh3' mod. And I'd really like to know if it will interfere with this one...
Bakkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 08:47 PM   #131
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkels View Post
Well DarkWraith said in the opening post: "...due to the way I made it work, it can be used with stock or any mod"
I'm running the 'Sh4 effects for sh3' mod. And I'd really like to know if it will interfere with this one...
As the original maker of the SH4 Effects for SH3 mod I can assure you that you will have no issues That mod replaced all the SH3 effects with those from SH4. I didn't make any modifications to the stock Zones.cfg file so there will be no issues. Now if you're using a version that someone did in continuance to my original mod I cannot speak for them. The last version I released was v2.04.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 11:04 AM   #132
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
Hello,

I can confirm: this mod works perfectly with NYGM and change the gameplay.

Don't forget that the results from fire is random, maybe you have damage, maybe not.

A very smart and nice mod.

Thank you DarkWraith !

Last edited by NGT; 05-11-11 at 11:20 AM.
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 06:48 AM   #133
bojan811
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi,

when you open TDW's file with Silent 3ditor you should see a list with names on the left side:

0:AuthorInfo
1:Start
2:Node-Small_Fire_DC

When you click on the '+' on the left of '2:Node-Small_Fire_DC', you should get some new names:

3:Small_Fire_DC
4:ShellCounter
6:amun_DepthCharge

Click on the '+' left of '8:AmmoDamageInfo' and then click on '9:AmmoDamageInfo'. In the 'Property tree' on the right you should now see the AmmoDamageInfo:

MinEF = ...

These are the values for the depth charges that are spawned by the fire and that damage the ship. When you click on a line, you should get some useful information about the entry in the 'Property details' below (its effect). You can also change the values there.

Just try to increase the values and see what happens (IIRC, these depth charges are not always spawned. So, run several tests to see whether there is an effect).

I hope this explanation helps.

Cheers, LGN1

PS: Just as a reference: The C3 ship has 575 hit points in GWX.
Sorry i missed this post.
I will go now and look at this in S3E.

This is more then helpful thanks LGN1.
Finally i understand what did you mean when talking about DC

Best Regards
B811
Old 11-22-11, 04:49 PM   #134
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi,

does anyone know an effect that alerts the AI without using a player's object (e.g., bold, torpedo,...) ?

I ask because I was wondering whether it's possible with TDW's method to solve an old and very annoying problem in SH3: premature explosions of torpedoes are completely ignored by the AI. If one could spawn an object that alerts the AI via the dud torpedo effect in particles.dat, the problem would be solved This would be really great because it's so ridiculous to see a premature explosion next to a ship and no one cares

Cheers, LGN1
Old 11-22-11, 05:03 PM   #135
von Kinderei
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 150

I'm gettin' the web page can't be found when tryin' to download this file ...

Never had any trouble gettin' files from there before ... can anyone help me out with an alternate link possibly