Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

"What The Butler Saw" ?????
Old 11-26-22, 10:45 PM   #3827
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

I had a Les Paul copy guitar in pieces sitting in a box, wrapped up. For a copy, it wasn't bad with the Tune-o-matic bridge / tremolo. The neck had not only warped but also twisted. I have never seen a guitar neck do that.

A friend of a friend expressed interest in my guitar. My guitar had nice pickups and body and the tremolo in it. The gentleman offered to trade me his ESP LTD MH100 with a basswood body and a quilted maple top with a transparent blue color. It features two " Humbuckers " or dual coil pickups. It also has a very nice Floyd Rose floating bridge. The pickups in the guitar have a sound better suited to heavy metal. They don't work too well with the all tube amps I prefer and use.

The ESP guitar does sound great with solid state amps of which I have a few. With the Floyd Rose tremolo, David Gilmour style string bends are a breeze. The gentleman traded his guitar away as his hands were too big to be able to articulate the 25.5 inch scale the ESP Guitars use. The Les Paul style guitars suit him well.

I plan on replacing the pickups in it and also the machine heads to locking tuners in the head stock. The strings will then be locked at the bridge and also the tuners in the head stock. I am also going to install push-pull pots in the volume and tone control to control and flip the pickups into single / dual coil action. It's my hope with the new pickup controls and careful consideration of the pick-ups, I can get Stratocastor sounds and tones when going to single coil mode. The Guitar is great now and will be awesome when the upgrades are completed.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 11-26-22 at 10:58 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 07:41 AM   #3828
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm hooked on this thought-I guess you remember Skybirds own thread about his journey into the world of keyboard and how he's going to learn how to play on it-Well since I read it I...I...got hooked, now I want a keyboard myself. I already started to learn notes and chords.

I don't know which one i should pick, only thing is-It must not cost more than 1000 Danish kroner=140 dollars

I also have to think about my hearing problems.

First step is buying the book Legendary Piano-ABBA and some books on how to play.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 09:09 AM   #3829
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm hooked on this thought-I guess you remember Skybirds own thread about his journey into the world of keyboard and how he's going to learn how to play on it-Well since I read it I...I...got hooked, now I want a keyboard myself. I already started to learn notes and chords.

I don't know which one i should pick, only thing is-It must not cost more than 1000 Danish kroner=140 dollars

I also have to think about my hearing problems.

First step is buying the book Legendary Piano-ABBA and some books on how to play.

Markus

If you have the time, you should give keyboards a try, Markus. Casio makes keyboards that can be had in the U.S for $150 dollars and less. Other keyboards are considerably more. Most are full size keyboards with many modes and sounds. Check them out. I have one here and you could have it to start your musical journey with. It plays well. Like anything with musical instruments, playing them isn't too hard. Playing musical instruments well is another matter. If you're serious, you can find online musical instruction as well. With regards to hearing, most keyboards have a headphone jack. That would make things easier for you.

The reality is, it's not how well you play but how much enjoyment you can get from just playing. Who knows, you might find some musicians to jam with, amateur or professional or semi-professional. It doesn't matter. It's amazing how much you can learn from just playing with other musicians.

This particular unit is $ 126 dollars on Amazon. Check them out, Markus.

https://www.amazon.com/RockJam-Elect...2-8997e41410bb
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 09:22 AM   #3830
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ Thank you CW

Made a search to see if some Danish company had this keyboard among their sortiment there were a few and there's even a video

Edit
I thought when looking at your picture CW that this monitor(iPad)was part of the package-After having watched the video I understand it isn't
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 11-27-22 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-29-22, 02:48 PM   #3831
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

...recovering from 06:00 AM junket down to the closest MRI scannerfor a prostate exam based on a 5.5 PSA count...at age 71?! I now know what torpedo feels like in the 18" diameter tube for 1/2 hour! Now watching the US Iranian soccer match; a must win for the US to advance. Iran must only tie to advance. I noted the Iranians singing their national anthem...albeit without enthusiasm? And the lady Iranian fans in the stands aren't wearing any Islamic covering garments!! Talk 'bout protest.?!! No doubt their families are held hostage in Teheran EDIT: THE US JUST SCORED THE FIRST GOOOOOOAL! but the day is young...."Akbar 'Merika"!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 05:44 PM   #3832
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Since this might be our last Christmas at our dear old house we decided to start early and make the most of it (Anyone recognise the movie?)

Old 11-29-22, 06:57 PM   #3833
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ Home Alone ?

Markus

Old 11-29-22, 08:08 PM   #3834
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

White Christmas mit der Bingle and Dean Jagger! The wife and her sisters adore this movie!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 07:55 AM   #3835
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Yep, White Christmas.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 12:16 AM   #3836
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Since this might be our last Christmas at our dear old house we decided to start early and make the most of it (Anyone recognise the movie?)

Gee mate, that's sad news!!! Circumstances beyond your control ???

That place has given you a lot of inspiration for your artwork. In recent years I've left 2 places and miss them both very much. A lot of memories and personal history.

I wish I could help you......I'll come over and mow your lawn once a week
Old 12-01-22, 07:12 AM   #3837
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Yes, White Christmas of course

@ Arnold - we've seen too many neighbours (we called them that even though they lived some way off) grow old and suddenly less able - then find themselves stranded out here in the sticks with no car, no buses and the nearest shop miles away

So we need to move into the village while we're still fit enough to do it - plus Moira's old mum needs keeping an eye on now (she already lives in the village)

We'll hate to leave and have to swap this nice old cottage for a modern bungalow but it's all about being practical and not leaving things until it's too late - as our friends did
Old 12-01-22, 08:25 AM   #3838
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ A tough decision to have to make but I think a wise one.

Old 12-01-22, 08:44 AM   #3839
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I now know what torpedo feels like in the 18" diameter tube for 1/2 hour!

Already been inside one of those, don't want a prostate exam to remind me.

...and you'll fall asleep counting your blessings.
Old 12-01-22, 08:49 AM   #3840
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Already been inside one of those, don't want a prostate exam to remind me.

...and you'll fall asleep counting your blessings.
I reckon he enjoyed the experience