Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-19-21, 03:24 PM   #1321
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Wtf, "RCFTFW dude" is what you wrote and what no one i know of had any idea about, but please go on and tell it to the moderators.

Keep misquoting me and I will. It was wrong of you to do so and you know it.

Quote:
Then i do not understand what it is all about, 1 percent is obviously nothing
It is what it is. Don't let your hatred of Trump continue to blind you to the fact that of the death rate fir the disease is something like .005%.

Quote:
I propose you give away all your vaccines to the rest of the world since you do not need it.
Well I do believe we have given away some of our vaccine stockpile but Israel also tried that with the Palestinians and it didn't work out so well for them. It turned out that the Palestinian leaders would rather let their people get sick than take help from the dirty Jews. Maybe they'll give those doses to you folks instead.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.

Last edited by August; 06-19-21 at 05:03 PM.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 06:35 AM   #1322
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
[...] You gave it away? You never had it. Because your pathetic useless government failed to act.
In the EU health was considered a member state competence, so it was not prepared for this. It was about avoiding competition to generate a more even distribution.

"The member states’ approval of the European Commission vaccine plan on June 17, 2020 — which set aside the vaccine “alliance” initiated by France and Germany, later joined by Italy and the Netherlands, for a joint procurement led by the EU’s largest economies — stemmed from the idea of avoiding competition over vaccines inside the EU.

Yet, this put a huge burden on the unprepared commission, which then treated vaccines as a trade matter rather than an emergency negotiation, preferring lower prices over timely deliveries.

Widespread vaccine skepticism was also a problem, and when negotiations were carried out last summer, Europeans thought they largely had the pandemic under control, so they were not desperate for a vaccine. But COVID-19’s variants proved them wrong and ultimately the EU fell behind in the rollout, especially compared to the speed of the United Kingdom or Israel."

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...es-on-vaccines

Some things could have been better, but there was at least an idea, and they supported 27 member states and others.
The US is one country. From january '21:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29T0FY

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 08:03 AM   #1323
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

None of your statistics or old links about people who dont matter are of any interest too me. What matters in my book and far more interesting is in the US, 377, 215,060 doses have been distributed so far, with 83% or 314,969,386 of the doses used. States of emergency are being lifted, business are open and life seems to be getting back to normal.

Enjoy your lockdown.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-20-21 at 08:59 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 03:13 AM   #1324
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Keep misquoting me and I will. It was wrong of you to do so and you know it. [...] .
I will not write what i think of this, i just quote what you wrote:
Quote:
That's exactly what I mean. Oooh the evil "anti vaxxers", always murdering gazillions of innocents by their mere refusal to take unproven, barely, tested, rushed into production experimental drugs which may or may not be effective in preventing disease and has an increasing number of negative side effects, more cases being reported nearly every day. What savages.
A bit of a rant, or is it not? Then you wrote
Quote:
I never said UNtested. RCFTFW dude.
Not far from it though? It is perfectly clear what you say with all that. So you meant "barely tested"? Misplaced a comma? So sorry.

Last edited by Catfish; 06-22-21 at 04:32 AM.
Old 06-23-21, 09:13 PM   #1325
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I will not write what i think of this, i just quote what you wrote
Nowhere in there was the word UNtested. Your use of it was a deliberate exaggeration and nothing you have said since makes me doubt that one bit.

Quote:
A bit of a rant, or is it not? Then you wrote

Not far from it though? It is perfectly clear what you say with all that. So you meant "barely tested"? Misplaced a comma? So sorry.
I was paraphrasing what I thought so called anti-vaxxers felt about being forced to take the covid vaccine and maybe a little sympathy to the plight of anyone under government coercion leaked out. So "sorry".

It was only in response to your ridiculous suggestion that Anti vaxxer forces would somehow take over governments and prevent vaccines from being given to anyone. Coercion is not what they are about and you should know better, and I think you do but it was just another attempt to get a rise out of someone that you couldn't pass up.

You do realize that I am NOT an anti-vaxxer right Catfish? Heck i've got a vaccine record that i'll bet includes shots against more weird diseases than yours does. It also lists that I got the covid shot a month or so back which I have not kept a secret from this forum either. I did have some reservations about taking it when it came out early on but I have never advocated against taking vaccines in general and I like I said, ended up getting it myself like most of us have.

But I guess this doesn't fit your rigid German sense of order that must categorize everyone and everything you see into neat labeled packages, so it's easy to miss right? Forget it, i'm still waiting for you to explain how the non vaccinated are a threat to the vaccinated, I mean aside from potentially banning vaccine development.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 02:55 AM   #1326
Catfish

^ Ok thanks for answering, but for not being an anti-vaxxer you pick a strange point of view. And yes, no one should be forced to be vaccinated in an ideal world, this is even common sense here. But what to do with anti vaxxers that threaten other people who want to be vaccinated, but are not yet for whatever external reason?

And most anti-vaxxers seem to be quite determined, or better aggressive, when it comes to discussion and reasons. It is very hard to remain calm towards some of those arguments and conspiracy theories offered in an often aggressive and very dumb way. A lot are opposing science for whatever reason. Thinking of Mrs Taylor Greene, but also a lot of such over here.

Also i understood you have had covid 19, and i mean to remember you somewhere wrote that you would not need to be vaccinated after this, which makes sense. So you got a jab after the infection?

"Ridiculous", well i saw a lot of he-who-shall-not-be-named supporters who embraced his first statement that the virus was not dangerous, or if not worse than the flu. He changed his mind, but it was a close thing. He of course made so many turnarounds in his presidential career that it is hard to nail any of his statements down without instantly finding another that contradicts it. He made a lot of followers that way.
So you say there is no danger that anti vaxxers ever came to power – good.. if you say so.

(a bit OT but not much: instead of admitting an error or someone of his cronies criticizing the president he and the right wing blame it all on "fake news" and science, and scientists like Fauci. Certainly, whoever dared to openly disagree with the greatest president of the USA or the chosen one or whatever he said about himself, was a "traitor" and fired. Fauci survived but he is still being blamed in the right-wing media. Must be my "german sense of order" that looks through all this bull and finds it ridiculous? So be it, the rest of the world also seems to have this sense then.)

I wrote "So, what do unvaccinated people do to others? Infect them."
So you misunderstood or i was not exact enough, i certainly mean "what do intentionally unvaccinated people do to other yet unvaccinated people (waiting for their jab)". But I thought this was obvious?

So once more: What i mean is when e.g. the bubonic plague is raging, and people carrying the bacteria do not want to be vaccinated or isolated, they are a threat to the others that have not been vaccinated yet. Not yet because of too few doses of the vaccine available, because of organisation problems, because of delays, whatever.
So what do you say about those probably carrying the disease and their right and freedom not to be vaccinated? Quarantine them? Tell this to Mrs Greene. Freedom ends where it threatens the freedom of others. And their health.

Last edited by Catfish; 06-25-21 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-24-21, 05:53 AM   #1327
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Freedom incldues the right to take risks - for oneself. And it is oneself who has to accept and come up for the consequences, one shall not impose these "costs" onto the others.

That means the freedom to take risks ends where one exposes others to the risks one has chosen for oneself. People can decide to not get vaccinated. But then they have the hell to stay away and stay out. There is no right they could claim that others nevertheless must interact and do business with them.

Common sense.
Old 06-24-21, 08:38 AM   #1328
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
None of your statistics or old links about people who dont matter are of any interest too me. What matters in my book and far more interesting is in the US, 377, 215,060 doses have been distributed so far, with 83% or 314,969,386 of the doses used. States of emergency are being lifted, business are open and life seems to be getting back to normal.
Enjoy your lockdown.
I really did but the last (all were quite short, unfortunately) ended around mid-may.
Regarding what happens in the US will depend of how much of the anti vaxxers (consisting of a good part of Trump voters) can be convinced to be vaccinated.

"The scale of American reluctance to get vaccinated remains a source of global curiosity, particularly as many nations are still scrambling for doses to protect their most vulnerable populations."

“The hesitation among younger Americans and among Trump voters has been too hard to overcome,” said GOP pollster Frank Luntz, who has worked with the White House and outside groups to promote vaccinations. “They think they are making a statement by refusing to be vaccinated. For Trump voters, it’s a political statement. For younger adults, it’s about telling the world that they are immune.”

https://apnews.com/article/why-the-B...168cb6e0649349

So back to Germany, or do you want to keep discussing US conditions and the virus only here?

Last edited by Catfish; 06-25-21 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-24-21, 01:59 PM   #1329
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A FB-friend says he has foreseen the economical collapse of EU.

Here is what he wrote
"
The EU is not the solution to Southern Europe's economic problem, the EU is the cause!

It went completely wrong when the Euro was pulled down over the Southern European countries. The euro in no way suits the economies of the southern European countries, something that politicians do not want to talk about. When the economies of southern Europe were forced into the northern European price level, tourism in Spain, Portugal and Italy was halved. In Greece, things went horribly wrong.

To solve the problem, the European Central Bank buys worthless Southern European government bonds on a large scale, in an attempt to keep the price of the Euro artificially high.

The problem is that the countries are locked in, they must not devalue to get back on their feet. The Euro prevents the countries of Southern Europe from doing so, a devaluation of the Euro in the Southern European countries would be a devaluation of the Euro as a whole, something that the EU does not allow.

We are facing a gigantic EU bubble, and all Member States are liable for the EU's gigantic loans and purchases of worthless Bonds when this bubble bursts.
"

My point on this.

I'm not an expert on economy-so I can't say if he's wrong or not.

I personally hope he's wrong, ´cause it would affect each and one of us.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 02:25 PM   #1330
Catfish

The EU would only be working to its full extent and possibilities when nations like Greece or Italy had a working financial system, where not more than 70 percent of the taxes are stolen, from Onassis to Berlusconi.

Yuu are right, as Skybird, that some nations should not have been allowed to join the union. But a lot of bank fraudsters now make a lot money, because the way things are handled in some southern europen states, and these will sink more and more into debt, and bankruptcy.

Old 06-24-21, 02:37 PM   #1331
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

So back to Germany, or do you want to keep discussing US conditions and the virus only here?

I think you should be asking yourself that question. Doesnt take much research to see I didn't start any posts about the U.S. in the German forum, YOU did. In fact I was quite clear I was talking about the E.U. and German leadership. Now you posted even more damn near repeating the same crap about people and statistics that I already said dont interest me here. Its the German politics thread try staying on topic.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 02:59 PM   #1332
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
The EU would only be working to its full extent and possibilities when nations like Greece or Italy had a working financial system, where not more than 70 percent of the taxes are stolen, from Onassis to Berlusconi.

Yuu are right, as Skybird, that some nations should not have been allowed to join the union. But a lot of bank fraudsters now make a lot money, because the way things are handled in some southern europen states, and these will sink more and more into debt, and bankruptcy.
From having watched many hours news program on Danish and Swedish tv and read about it in the newspaper I say following.

I'm 150 % convince that Scandinavia, UK, Benelux, Germany and some other country in northern Europe would be stronger if they left EU and created their own "Club"

Markus

Old 06-24-21, 04:33 PM   #1333
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:

https://www.ortneronline.at/griechenland-boomt/

For better or for worse.
Old 06-24-21, 04:51 PM   #1334
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
From having watched many hours news program on Danish and Swedish tv and read about it in the newspaper I say following.

I'm 150 % convince that Scandinavia, UK, Benelux, Germany and some other country in northern Europe would be stronger if they left EU and created their own "Club"
You are in my head.

However, even here there would be economic differernces in competitiveness strong enough to justify to NOT have one united currency that again gets manipulated by a club central bank an dgets inflated and gets designed as a FIAT currency. A real commodity money, thats what I want. With governments and political parties having no influence and control over it, being unable to inflate it at their will.

Therein lies the rub: that such a revolutionary separatist project again would be footed by the same political caste that ruined it already the last time(s). Can these cirminals be expected to deconstruct the basis oif their ver yxown powers and controls? They formed the last system so that it serves right their own interests. Can we really expect them to suddenly turn into better, honest, altruist super-humans?

What we have in poltical constructions today, is just the most malicious form of organised crime. The reigonal difefrences of these systems only lie in the ammount of shamelessness by which they display their brutal violance openly, or try to hide it.
Old 06-24-21, 05:15 PM   #1335
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I know! Our politicians here in Denmark and in Sweden are so addicted to EU-that they can't figure out to think freely. Their mind is one EU-tracked-minded.

Between the lines they are saying to us

(German)
EU tut gut für uns, aber das weißt du es nicht

Markus