Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-21, 08:27 AM   #7381
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Really, where do you get your news sources from then?.
So would you rather believe them than The Sun newspaper?.
Are you KIDDING ME?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 08:38 AM   #7382
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Are you KIDDING ME?
No Kai, I believe he is being serious.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 10:02 AM   #7383
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

In the end, it's up to our own standpoint what we consider trustworthy in this Corona crisis.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 10:32 AM   #7384
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Really, where do you get your news sources from then?. So would you rather believe them than The Sun newspaper?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I much prefer information presented by someone who is suitably qualified. (see post below)

The BBC have gone back over in the betting in recent times but imho are still less bias than most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Are you KIDDING ME?
My, my, you two are crowing from your lofty perch today, the TV Media, the Newspapers, The Lancet, The WHO and the BBC have all lost some credibility at some point in time, so stop avoiding the question and Name any media sources apart from the biased BBC where you get your information from which cannot be faulted.
Catfish can join in as well, I'd like to be just as well informed as you two are and could do with a good read from a reputable source, and no, a doctor off of Youtube just doesn't cut it as an investigative journalist as he's using articles from one or more of the above.
Old 06-24-21, 11:20 AM   #7385
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Then do your own research of medical papers and let us know.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 12:04 PM   #7386
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

I'm not the one crowing from a high perch, those two have questioned the veracity of certain newspapers so it's up to them and them alone to provide some reputable news sources.
I couldn't give two hoots if they do or not, it's their choice, as far as I'm concerned this conversation should never have been started in the first place so I'll leave it at that.
Old 06-24-21, 01:15 PM   #7387
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

bullhorn

No, you are crowing that some generally respected media were not credible, while quoting yellow press garbage and taking this for gospel.
"The Sun" is not credible. Nor is Fox News, or Breitbart, or the Bildzeitung. But i guarantee if you listen long enough to them you might end wearing a buffalo head and quoting qanon conspiracy theories.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 01:19 PM   #7388
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Back to this Wuhan virus.

EU has said the times between first and second shot shall be shorten from todays 8 weeks down to 3 weeks this is due to the new Delta variant.

Markus

Old 06-24-21, 01:41 PM   #7389
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Then do your own research of medical papers and let us know.
You only need look at the link below to get a feel of how 'popular' the Sun is in some parts of the UK

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-...r1ae7tllvac6fb

Old 06-24-21, 01:50 PM   #7390
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

UK government publishes an update to its green list for countries where returning travellers will not need to quarantine.

The list includes Spain's Balearic islands, Barbados, Bermuda, Madeira and Malta.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps confirms government looking at easing restrictions for fully vaccinated UK travellers.

Ministers will examine whether to exempt fully-vaccinated travellers from amber countries from quarantine.

Germany's chancellor suggests all EU countries should make British travellers quarantine on arrival to slow the spread of the Delta variant.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Environment Secretary George Eustice both say they intend to stop wearing masks as soon as allowed to.

Lockdown last year did not bring a baby boom in England and Wales, data from the Office for National Statistics suggests.

Old 06-24-21, 01:55 PM   #7391
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-25-21, 11:41 AM   #7392
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The first phase of the Government's Events Research Programme saw 28 cases of Covid-19 recorded from nine events.

The events have been held to explore the impact of large-scale events on Covid-19 transmission.

The Brit Awards, which featured an audience of 3,532, recorded no cases.

Eight positive Covid-19 cases were recorded among the 30,000 people who attended three Wembley football matches.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock admits breaking social distance guidance after the Sun published photos of him kissing an aide.

The prime minister's spokesman says Boris Johnson has accepted Mr Hancock's apology and considers matter closed.

A total of 111,157 confirmed and probable cases of the Covid-19 Delta variant have now been identified in the UK

This weekend, anyone 18 or over in England who has not yet had their first vaccination is encouraged to visit one of hundreds of walk-in sites.

Travel bosses say changes to the green list are not enough but the transport secretary says it's a “maximum transparency approach”

Sydney's central and eastern suburbs, including Bondi Beach, will be locked down after a jump in Covid cases.

Old 06-25-21, 11:43 AM   #7393
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Heard about something with this Delta variant should have mutated once again-Some travellers who came from Nepal was infected with this new Delta variant.

Markus

Old 06-25-21, 11:51 AM   #7394
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Portugal has tightened Covid restrictions in the capital Lisbon and in Albufeira in the Algarve because of high rates of infection. The two areas join the fishing port of Sesimbra in having weekend closures from 15:30 today for cafes, restaurants and non-essential shopping. A weekend travel ban comes into force in Lisbon today for the second weekend running in an attempt to halt the spread of the Delta variant, with only essential trips allowed or proof of vaccination or negative test.

In Russia, the eastern Siberia republic of Buryatia has become the first region to go back into lockdown as Covid cases surge. From Sunday until 11 July only essential shops will be open and people will have to work from home. The Covid death rate in Russia has surged by more than 20% in the past week, say officials, and over 20,000 new cases were reported yesterday.

French health officials say the number of Covid patients treated in intensive care has fallen below 1,500 for the first time since the start of last October. But there are concerns that the vaccination campaign for first doses is beginning to slow down. Even though 700,000 doses are being administered daily, only about 200,000 of those are first vaccinations.

Top German health official Lothar Wieler has added his voice to criticism of Euro 2020 knockout games taking place at Wembley. “From an infection point of view, this isn’t a good idea,” says the head of the RKI public health institute. Germany play England in London on Tuesday, but Wieler says travel for fans across Europe while the Delta variant is prevalent doesn’t make sense.

Belgian Prime Minister Alexander De Croo has appealed to supporters going to Seville in Spain to see the national team play Portugal on Sunday to take care. “It’s still a red zone and anyone travelling there must respect the rules,” he says.

Poland is planning a national lottery for people who’ve been vaccinated, to encourage people to get immunised. Officials say there’ll be prizes of up to a million zloty (£190,000; €220,000).

Old 06-25-21, 12:29 PM   #7395
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan