SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-01-20, 12:54 PM   #1
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

Default Mst,s & Mk67,s done

MST & MK67 SLMM

these are fully made now and tested

the Mst,s are my remade

‘Maritime Strike Tomahawk’ (MST) Version 2

New capabilities introduced to the new batch of Block IV Tomahawk Land Attack Cruise Missiles (TLAM) are transforming the weapon of the 1980s into a smarter, more versatile 21st century weapon.

Recent updates now becoming standard in the system added network-enabled capabilities to the weapon, enabling in-flight retargeting capabilities. Impressed with the new capabilities the Navy is planning to deploy the retargetable, modernized land-attack Block IV weapon on board ships as a dual-mission ‘Maritime Strike Tomahawk’ (MST).

so in epic w@ters after 2017 mst replace the Land-attack Tomahawks this give the player more firepower vs ships or land targets as you can now carry more missiles that are duel role

these are especially useful in my game as the tasm (Tomahawk Anti Ship Missile) version was retired after 1994 leaving only Sub harpoon as the only anti ship missiles bar a few other NATO countries

Mark 67 Submarine Launched Mobile Mine (SLMM) Version 2

The Mk-67 is a multiple influenced bottom mine with a
capacity that permits it to be covertly propelled to a predetermined
planting location Launched by Submarines its purpose is to restrict ship and submarine traffic The MK-67 Submarine Laid Mobile Mine (SLMM) anti-shipping mine is similar to a torpedo in that after it is launched it can travel under its own power to a remote location the 1,765-pound Mk-67 uses a propeller which allows it to move independently to areas not normally accessible to by mines the Mk67 employs a modified Mk37 torpedo as the Propulsion vehicle designated Mine Body Main Assembly MK 4.
Forward of this section is attached Explosive Section Mk13 which
contains the exploder and arming device firing mechanism or target
detection device and accosted battery as well as the main explosive
charge

in my game they work like a torpedo at the start they can be set for :

Active / Passive mode

" if target is on the surface Wake homing is also used "

straight , snake , left , right

Shallow , Deep , level

" end of run depth that mine heads to not attack torpedo depth "

the settings only kick in after a detection occurs the mine then shoots a mark 37 modded torpedo at the target this is when it uses the settings

the depth settings are used once it end its run so it will go deep

or hold at the depth it was launched

or got shallow

this way you can set em up for submarines or ships

once at the way point they will maneuver to the selected depth then wait

the propulsion body of the mine is separate to the torpedo with in it so its ok to set em to very long travel range as the fired weapon is a fresh torpedo once detection occurs.

one very good feature for mines from epic mod is markers ive adjusted 2 marker colors

Dark blue = passive weapon

Light blue = Active weapon

so basically select a mine choose your settings then press fire then move the weapon way point to were you want then hold shift and use one of two colors depending on what you set it to then release shift then use mouse to fire

so Target , Mark , Fire !!!

this reminds me were the mines are and what mines were set active or passive when they trigger once they detect a target.

hears a few pics

ive not included any Mst attack pictures tho as its basically a TLAM & TASM Combined so nothing new really attack wise just that its now a duel role missile that can do both roles

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 02-20-21 at 03:23 AM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote