SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-16, 09:49 AM   #16
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome aboard!

briane941!keep us posted on window 10 upgrade stuff

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-16, 12:20 PM   #17
Micksp
Sailor man

Downloads: 31

Huh, the DW game still have a problem running properly on my home PC under Win7-the game menu is flashing for cople of seconds, about 10, and dissapear. I've tried to change the compability settings to run in Win XP SP3 mode, not effect. The other things are going well, the game runs stable, only have the menu issue. I'll be glad for some help hou to manage the game under Win 7-64? My own last experience finished with Win XP 5 years ago...
Micksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-16, 08:49 AM   #18
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

It really is the speech recognition applet. Whenever you click options it tries to come to the foreground. But the game wants to stay fullscreen so there is a short fight going on. Nothing bad happens though. Just annoying.

Or you have the game installed into C:\Program Files (or similar x86 folder), and you are trying to save a game file in to the Scenario folder or save a screenshot. Then User Account Control is popping up a message to ask your approval because Windows wants to prevent that. If this takes too long before acknowledgement then this goes away and whatever you tried to do fails to work. To avoid that install the game into a folder outside of c:\Program Files (whatever)
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-16, 08:59 AM   #19
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
It really is the speech recognition applet. Whenever you click options it tries to come to the foreground. But the game wants to stay fullscreen so there is a short fight going on. Nothing bad happens though. Just annoying.

Or you have the game installed into C:\Program Files (or similar x86 folder), and you are trying to save a game file in to the Scenario folder or save a screenshot. Then User Account Control is popping up a message to ask your approval because Windows wants to prevent that. If this takes too long before acknowledgement then this goes away and whatever you tried to do fails to work. To avoid that install the game into a folder outside of c:\Program Files (whatever)
Yeah, the speech recognition is annoying. For me if I'm running full screen, it pops up, my game minimizes, and then I leave it up and go back in game. It won't bother you again as long as you leave it up. But, I run the game in a window so it's a non-issue for me.

For what it's worth, I've never had an issue having my game installed to Program Files, but it's worth a shot if the problem still persists.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-16, 02:37 PM   #20
Berzerkly
Swabbie

Downloads: 24
Default RE: DW Wrapper

Thanks Komat! Back on patrol on Windows 10 thanks to you, running beautifully. -Berzerkly
Old 03-03-16, 06:20 PM   #21
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome back

Berzerkly! after a bit of a silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 03-28-16, 07:10 PM   #22
DisparateX
Nub

Downloads: 66
radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micksp View Post
Huh, the DW game still have a problem running properly on my home PC under Win7-the game menu is flashing for cople of seconds, about 10, and dissapear. I've tried to change the compability settings to run in Win XP SP3 mode, not effect. The other things are going well, the game runs stable, only have the menu issue. I'll be glad for some help hou to manage the game under Win 7-64? My own last experience finished with Win XP 5 years ago...
I'll be damned. DW worked when i started it from Steam the first time. A day later a startup error an no luck. The wrapper wasn't even installed so i tried but no luck. I even had backup copy of the whole directory but no luck.
I just installed Sub Command from Steam and it works at 1600x1200. Without the wrapper. I copy the settings ini file to my other Sub Command folder but no luck there.
I have no clue what is going on here. I'm starting to think to revive my 2006 pc or try VM.
DisparateX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-16, 07:21 PM   #23
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome back

DisparateX! after an eight year silent run!

Old 04-07-16, 03:48 PM   #24
Mystic
Watch

Downloads: 1

I am hopefully in the process of rejoining the ranks of submarine commanders after a decade of absence due to only having Mac computers, since I just bought a PC specifically for gaming, and all of the old toys are beckoning me, hehe. I am running Windows 10 and have Steam installed.

As an owner of Dangerous Waters, Sub Command, et al from way back, I am wondering if there have been any updates made to the Steam versions that would make it worthwhile for me to purchase them this week (a bundle is on sale for $6) rather than going through the installs and digging up the patches from my saved disks. In fact might buy them from Steam just to save myself the effort of digging that stuff up ... that is, unless someone here tells me that I'll have better luck getting my old versions installed and running on Windows 10 than I would with the Steam versions.

Also, what is the consensus opinion (if any) at this point on whether or not this Windows 10 wrapper actually works?
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-16, 06:11 PM   #25
Guts
Swabbie

Downloads: 11

What folder do I extract the .dll to??
Old 04-10-16, 10:19 PM   #26
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
What folder do I extract the .dll to??
\Dangerous Waters\

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-16, 03:23 PM   #27
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 202

I'm having the same problem as mentioned before. Installs and runs fine first time, then straight to the "Windows is searching for a solution to the problem"

I've tried that DLL with no luck. Win10 64bit here
Old 05-15-16, 10:30 PM   #28
tjwine
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 6
Default help

i have DW and i use windows 10 and the patch still doesnt work it still goes to a black screen. PLS help
tjwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 11:11 PM   #29
silent shadow
Swabbie

Downloads: 18

Sorry I am not very computer literate.

When you say unpack to game directory; Where exactly is the game directory? Is it just the dangerous waters folder or a sub folder?

Thanks
silent shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-16, 04:48 AM   #30
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Dangerous waters folder
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote