SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-19, 10:51 AM   #1
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Wolfpack is now available on Steam!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/490920/Wolfpack/

Thank you all for supporting the project!
We appreciate all the help we can get spreading the word,
so please tell your friends!

Best regards,
Oscar and Einar, Wolfpack Dev Team

Website/presskit: http://www.wolfpackgame.com/

Wolfpack manual: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/stea...f?t=1552603349

Wolfpack on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WolfpackGameOfficial/
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 11:55 AM   #2
lesrae
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Looks good, now for some training
Old 03-15-19, 02:57 PM   #3
Bonfleck
Torpedoman

Default New MacBook Pro/Virtual Machine Compatability?

Hello,
I'd buy this in a heartbeat but alas, I don't have a worthy PC anymore and won't be buying one. Does anyone know if this game would run on a high end MacBook Pro in a Windows 10 VM environment? CPU, RAM and Video all appear to have more than enough horsepower but I know nothing about what degrades once you open a virtual machine and install games/programs there.

Thanks and Happy Hunting,

Bon
Bonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 08:37 PM   #4
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonfleck View Post
Hello,
I'd buy this in a heartbeat but alas, I don't have a worthy PC anymore and won't be buying one. Does anyone know if this game would run on a high end MacBook Pro in a Windows 10 VM environment? CPU, RAM and Video all appear to have more than enough horsepower but I know nothing about what degrades once you open a virtual machine and install games/programs there.

Bon
I can't tell you for sure, but a guy on our Discord Server posted this:

testing on a MacBook Pro 15" mid 2014 (i7, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M) at 1680x1050 with minimum settings gives about 25-30 FPS after loading into the boat. 1360x768 gives 40-50 FPS but menu text is a little blurry, but the dials are plenty readable. Might be harder to identify vessels, so ask your friend with higher res to be on the periscope.

/Einar
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-19, 09:50 AM   #5
stoppro
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 493

I just got this.the graphics are a little weak. what settings are you guys using.I can't wait for my bots.I am not crazy about everyone butting in.
Old 03-16-19, 11:24 AM   #6
stoppro
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 493

graphics are good now.Just learning to walk around. got the engines started moving now! so far I don't know how to do anything else but I will figure it out. this takes some practice. It will be easier when I get bots
Old 03-18-19, 02:50 PM   #7
Bonfleck
Torpedoman

Quote:
Hello,

Bon
I can't tell you for sure, but a guy on our Discord Server posted this:

testing on a MacBook Pro 15" mid 2014 (i7, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M) at 1680x1050 with minimum settings gives about 25-30 FPS after loading into the boat. 1360x768 gives 40-50 FPS but menu text is a little blurry, but the dials are plenty readable. Might be harder to identify vessels, so ask your friend with higher res to be on the periscope.

/Einar

Thank you for your response. I will check out the discord threads and keep monitoring for others who may be trying the same platform to play.

Bon
Bonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 01:40 PM   #8
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Hello,

Bon
I'm in the same boat. Can't run SH5 out of the teen digit fps, so I assume this would be the same.
Old 04-25-19, 04:48 PM   #9
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104
Default Single player?

Hello. This game looks awsome. DOes it have a single player mode? Like with AI controlling the stations you're not? Or something...?

Thanks

JD
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-19, 05:24 PM   #10
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Hi JD Username Welcome to Subsim Wolfpack will have AI bots in the future
controling other stations on your Uboat.
At the moment with the new update patch you can password your lobby room or be invisible to others so you can play in single player mode
to get used to the different stations you can touch base with me or post on the Wolfpack area of the forum we are always hosting training sessions.
Onkel Neal Stevens hes the head guy of Subsim he's a realy nice guy a good egg so to speak if when you get Wolfpack playing on your own is'nt half as much fun as playing with four other guys in your Uboat and there can be five Uboats with five crew members per Uboat
in a mission

But there's a lot of stations to cover the dive station and Helm the sonar room then theres the bow and stern balast tanks to fill and blow and also the Negative tank and the periscope TDC (torpedo data computer)a tall order for a one man Uboat crew so to speak.
Ive played Wolfpack with nocken just two of us controling the Uboat and we did ok.
At Subsim where a botherhood of like minded guys and gals who have a thing for Uboats and submarines
you will have no trouble finding people to play Wolfpack with and making lots of new friends.

you can read my Wolfpack battle report link below

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...29#post2605629

if your thinking purchasing Wolfpack its an investment just one payment and no matter how many patches and updates there's no more costs to you.

At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own

Last edited by blackswan40; 04-25-19 at 07:11 PM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 08:17 PM   #11
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14

Added to wishlist. Will buy when fully-functional singleplayer confirmed by Lets Plays.
Old 10-14-19, 06:22 AM   #12
VIIC/41
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Wolfpack is already bought and will be played successfully. So far, there was not a single crash or the like.

Nice game until now.
Old 01-30-22, 01:13 AM   #13
Lionfour
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Default Engines

Have the engines been modeled? I read an article that said that would be done after the early-access release.
Please forgive me if this is false info.
Lionfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 05:20 AM   #14
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Hi Lionfour the engine room is next on the agenda we are on patch 0.25 at the moment 0.26 will have the egine room moddeled

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...70&postcount=1
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 10:34 AM   #15
JconradH
Swabby

Downloads: 219

Default Purchase non steam version?

Still not a fan of Steam. Is there a way to purchase without using Steam? I bought DCS and other games easily without Steam in the past.

Thanks!

Jeff
JconradH is offline   Reply With Quote