Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-21, 03:49 PM   #7831
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Isaid it before and say it again. If you drive without seatbelts and crash and fly through the windshield and are dead, you did not die of your fatness, your skin colour, ylur recent heart attack or your smoking, but you die because you did not fasten your seat belt.
Don't forget the school bus you plowed into at 80 MPH while you weren't wearing that seat belt.

The Libertarians' will hate this, but we still have to be RESPONSIBLE.
That means WEAR A MASK if you think you're at risk.
WEAR A MASK if you think you could put other people at risk.

Now, where did I put that funnel cake?
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 03:57 PM   #7832
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I see myself as "libertarian", and libertarianism and responsibility are unavoidably friends. The political Right and the Grand Orange Party in the US may claim libertarianism and Ayn Rand as theirs, but fact remains that Rand looked down on the Republicans, mocked and ridiculed Reagan, and did not want to have much to do with them. Antivaccers are not necessarily libertarians. In fact I got the impression that most are not.

Libertarianism MEANS taking responsibility for yourself, not leaving it to the state, community, others.
Old 08-05-21, 04:02 PM   #7833
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSix View Post
blahblah
Intubation is tantamount to murder btw.
They should have given him Ivermectin.
But then they wouldn't have got paid as much.
Ivermectin: https://www.drugs.com/medical-answer...virus-3535912/
Intubation is tantamount to murder? What do you do if a patient is not able to breathe by himself, let him die? Or stuff his throat with Ivermectin?
And while what Bossche says may be interesting there is no proof, on the contrary most experts have debunked his theories.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 04:03 PM   #7834
CheckSix
Watch

Downloads: 0

More of a rationalist, with a healthy streak of libertarianism.
Paper masks are ineffective against viral particulates, as a quick glimpse inside any level 4 virology lab (like Wuhan) will demonstrate.
Baffling that people still wear them, despite the known harmful effects, even after the mandate is removed in some cases.
Sad really.
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 04:19 PM   #7835
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

It took the drug companies from around march to august of 2020 to create vaccines effective against covid. That is just six months to create, not one, but half a dozen or so different vaccines against what was supposed to be an unknown virus.

They've now known about the Delta and Lambda variants since December. Yet all we have to fight them are last years vaccines? Why?

Why are there no vaccines targeted for those variants yet? They can produce a new version of the Influenza vaccine every year yet there is nothing in the news about continuing covid vaccine development.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 04:26 PM   #7836
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Libertarianism MEANS taking responsibility for yourself, not leaving it to the state, community, others.
..and protect others by wear facemask where its crowded and follow the regulations set up by your government in your country, state.

Because I will wait before I take the jab BUT!! I'm not in a desire to put other people life at risk or my own.

I have so far NOT have had any symptoms on this Covid-19 virus. This doesn't mean that I had it or have it I act among others like I was infected.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 06:07 PM   #7837
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSix View Post
More of a rationalist, with a healthy streak of libertarianism.
Paper masks are ineffective against viral particulates, as a quick glimpse inside any level 4 virology lab (like Wuhan) will demonstrate.
Baffling that people still wear them, despite the known harmful effects, even after the mandate is removed in some cases.
Sad really.
These virusses do not fly around pure and naked, they sit on particles, like dust and aerosol droplets. And these are what N95 and N100 masks are designed to filter for sure: particles/droplets, no matter whether they have virusses on them or not.
Old 08-05-21, 08:03 PM   #7838
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It does not always work ..

"A leader of the Texas Republican Party hopped on Facebook in May to post about a “mask burning” party 900 miles away in Cincinnati.

“I wished I lived in the area!” wrote H Scott Apley.

The month before, Apley responded to what Baltimore’s former health commissioner was heralding as “great news” — clinical trials showed the Pfizer vaccine was effective at fighting the coronavirus, including one of the recent variants, for at least six months.

“You are an absolute enemy of a free people,” he wrote in a Twitter reply.

And on Friday, the 45-year-old Dickinson City Council member republished a Facebook post implying that vaccines don’t work.

Two days later, Apley was admitted to a Galveston hospital with “pneumonia-like symptoms” and tested positive for coronavirus, according to an online fundraising campaign. He was sedated and put on a ventilator."

Now he is dead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ax-dies-covid/

Yep. He reaped what he sowed. Now we don't have to listen to him anymore.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 07:38 AM   #7839
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yep. He reaped what he sowed. Now we don't have to listen to him anymore.
No mention of his comorbidities - it looked he was morbidly obese. Was he diabetic also? No mention of whether or not he had covid, knew it, and was sent home by his doctor to get worse before needing to be hospitalized. Additionally, we've known since last summer that being put on a vent has an 80% chance of a bad outcome.

Aggressive treatment with antivirals or ivermectin at the first signs has a far better outcome, based upon multiple clinical studies. Getting someone on ivermectin right away to deal with covid, assuming they have mild symptoms not requiring hospitalization or supplemental O2, should be the standard of care, same as getting someone on tamiflu within 48 hrs of symptoms when they test positive for the flu. Same as you'd give someone rabies vaccinations right away if they were bit by a known or suspected rabid animal. Same as you'd get someone started on cancer treatments right away rather than letting it progress to stage 4 before starting treatment.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/

https://files.covid19treatmentguidel...guidelines.pdf

It's pretty clear that not all hospitals are using cheap drugs that initial trials show work early in the disease progression for mild cases, nor are they using the proscribed course of treatment to lessen the chances of progression for more serious cases. It's all "go home until you can't breathe, then come back to die here so we can collect them federal bucks..."

Most people don't understand that the progression of disease if you are infected is dependent upon (amongst other factors like comorbidities and genetics) viral load which determines how quickly your immune system can "catch up" from an initial infection. Get a huge amount of virions and your immune system just can't keep up as the virus replicates. Smaller viral loads mean your immune system is closer in that foot race to allow it to catch up and then overwhelm the infected cells before disease progression starts to make it even harder for your bodies immune system to respond.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 08:33 AM   #7840
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
No mention of his comorbidities - it looked he was morbidly obese. Was he diabetic also? No mention of whether or not he had covid, knew it, and was sent home by his doctor to get worse before needing to be hospitalized. Additionally, we've known since last summer that being put on a vent has an 80% chance of a bad outcome.

Aggressive treatment with antivirals or ivermectin at the first signs has a far better outcome, based upon multiple clinical studies. Getting someone on ivermectin right away to deal with covid, assuming they have mild symptoms not requiring hospitalization or supplemental O2, should be the standard of care, same as getting someone on tamiflu within 48 hrs of symptoms when they test positive for the flu. Same as you'd give someone rabies vaccinations right away if they were bit by a known or suspected rabid animal. Same as you'd get someone started on cancer treatments right away rather than letting it progress to stage 4 before starting treatment.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/

https://files.covid19treatmentguidel...guidelines.pdf

It's pretty clear that not all hospitals are using cheap drugs that initial trials show work early in the disease progression for mild cases, nor are they using the proscribed course of treatment to lessen the chances of progression for more serious cases. It's all "go home until you can't breathe, then come back to die here so we can collect them federal bucks..."

Most people don't understand that the progression of disease if you are infected is dependent upon (amongst other factors like comorbidities and genetics) viral load which determines how quickly your immune system can "catch up" from an initial infection. Get a huge amount of virions and your immune system just can't keep up as the virus replicates. Smaller viral loads mean your immune system is closer in that foot race to allow it to catch up and then overwhelm the infected cells before disease progression starts to make it even harder for your bodies immune system to respond.
So maybe he should have known better than to play roulette.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 10:14 AM   #7841
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
No mention of his comorbidities - it looked he was morbidly obese. Was he diabetic also? No mention of whether or not he had covid, knew it, and was sent home by his doctor to get worse before needing to be hospitalized. [...]
Nothing trumps reality.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 11:39 AM   #7842
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Nothing trumps reality.

Conditions known to affect the seriousness of illness for people who contract COVID are being a great big fat person and being a raging diabetic. I would expect those suffering from cystic fibrosis would also be at greater risk of serious illness or death, as would someone who had any other pulmonary or cardiac condition - sleep apnea and hypertension being two that come to mind.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 12:47 PM   #7843
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Sixteen and 17-year-olds across the UK are now being invited to book their Covid vaccine.

GPs in England have been told they can contact this age group, while invites are also being sent out in Wales.

In Northern Ireland, walk-in centres are now open to older teenagers, and in Scotland they can register their interest online.

Meanwhile, new figures show most patients in hospital with Covid in England continue to be unvaccinated.

The opening of vaccinations to 16 and 17-year-olds in England comes amid a drive to encourage young people to get jabbed.

The vaccine's benefits will be promoted to partygoers in nightclubs, including Ministry of Sound and Heaven.

A campaign will also be rolled out across social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and TikTok, as well as on radio stations Kiss, Capital, Heart, Sunrise, and TalkSport, urging young adults to get jabbed.

Walk-in centres in England will accept people aged 16 and 17 from next week, but those in that age group are currently unable to book an appointment using the NHS website.

In Northern Ireland people aged 16 and up have begun to get the vaccine.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58112765

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 02:42 PM   #7844
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Mark of the beast.

Someone wrote a comment I never seen before... He wrote that this vaccine was the mark of the beast. Reason should be that no one in some countries can't do anything if they doesn't got the vaccine, soon it will be world wide

An interesting point of view I must say-No I do not believe it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 03:24 PM   #7845
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

for the ones here that got the shot i'm glad you got it,the ones like me that hadn't got the shot well glad we hadn't got the virus the ones that had the virus glad you survive here the thing i won't be dictated too by no one i will not have someone come to my door and tell me i got to get the jab if it get try someone going to the hospital i will not have someone tell me what i can or can not do i will not have a job that tells me i need the jab because that between me and my doctor which being a diabetic i see regular for blood work and all that crap and my doctor hasn't mention me getting the shot at first i held off getting the jab so older folks and others like health care and police and others like that could get the shot now it cause i'm being told everywhere i got to have the jab people talk about risk heck being born is risky everyday there is a risk sooner or later you going died nothing you can do about that now granted i would like to cash out with two 18 year old redheads and them girls being the major dream in bed then it can be said i went out with a smile on my face

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan