SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-07, 03:16 PM   #1501
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default LBO was small and simple and only touched one file in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044
I take your point, Bilko, it's a perfectly valid one, but if you read in this Forum and the Ubi Forum, you'll see that a lot of people just want a basic packaged version of ROW (like we had with LBO) that can be downloaded and installed as one mod and that can also be added to the bigger mods like TM.

Another option would be to offer LBO as a separate mod again.
And seeing there are no options to chose from for type's of cloud speeds you want or a type of sea foam you want or a compatable zone's file for the type of mod you have it would be impossable to set up a single download without actualy makeing the choices for people even if they do not want what we included in the single download.

I considered it in the past and tryed it but when I did this the file was so large that it took almost 4 hours to do an upload and it crashed on my in the middle of it so I said screw that.

4 hours of not being able to play or work just to have it fail was not a fun prospect for me.

I understand where you and others are comming from truly I do but how can you do it and still allow people to pick and chose what they want and or use with thier PC's?!

I would like and have tryed to be accomidating for all the mod's out there from NSM to Triger maru and people who want to use one or the other and also just a stock set up. But how do you chose for people in a single download for that? Basicly I would have to do 1 of 2 things. Set up a download where I make the choice on what other mod people will use with ROW or put up 4 full downloads with that choice.

But then what about the clouds speed choices how do you figure that one out? Oh ya wait there is also the sea foam choice which one do I put in the full download?

This is why I wanted to make it and keep it modular. Everyone has a chaoice this way between what they want for thier own game and or PC capabilities. I am experienced enough to pull apart a mod and pick and chose what I want for my own game but there are so many out there that can't do this so now it is easy to chose just wat you want.

Last edited by leovampire; 11-12-07 at 04:06 PM.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 03:19 PM   #1502
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default also for anyone encountering problems and wish help

First we need detailed information about the problem and or a picture showing us exactly what it is please.
Old 11-12-07, 03:58 PM   #1503
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97

Ouch, that`s a whole story about modules and version nrs etc etc.
Old 11-12-07, 04:16 PM   #1504
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

i was gonna use this along with rfb but both dont seem to go well on the mod enabler. does this mod alter the AI in regards to sensors etc making things more realistic thereby nagating a lot of what rfb does or TM for that matter?

is it worth me tryin to combine TM or RFB with this and has anyone else done so?
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 04:27 PM   #1505
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
And seeing there are no options to chose from for type's of cloud speeds you want or a type of sea foam you want or a compatable zone's file for the type of mod you have it would be impossable to set up a single download without actualy makeing the choices for people even if they do not want what we included in the single download.

I considered it in the past and tryed it but when I did this the file was so large that it took almost 4 hours to do an upload and it crashed on my in the middle of it so I said screw that.

4 hours of not being able to play or work just to have it fail was not a fun prospect for me.

I understand where you and others are comming from truly I do but how can you do it and still allow people to pick and chose what they want and or use with thier PC's?!

I would like and have tryed to be accomidating for all the mod's out there from NSM to Triger maru and people who want to use one or the other and also just a stock set up. But how do you chose for people in a single download for that? Basicly I would have to do 1 of 2 things. Set up a download where I make the choice on what other mod people will use with ROW or put up 4 full downloads with that choice.

But then what about the clouds speed choices how do you figure that one out? Oh ya wait there is also the sea foam choice which one do I put in the full download?

This is why I wanted to make it and keep it modular. Everyone has a chaoice this way between what they want for thier own game and or PC capabilities. I am experienced enough to pull apart a mod and pick and chose what I want for my own game but there are so many out there that can't do this so now it is easy to chose just wat you want.
The way that the ROW mod downloads have been set up is spot on IMHO. You have the freedom of choice which ROW mod you wanna use. I've chosen the ones I want then time permitting I'll combine them into one ROW mod. It's that simple for me.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 04:31 PM   #1506
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Nope this mod is only graffics and environment stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig
i was gonna use this along with rfb but both dont seem to go well on the mod enabler. does this mod alter the AI in regards to sensors etc making things more realistic thereby nagating a lot of what rfb does or TM for that matter?

is it worth me tryin to combine TM or RFB with this and has anyone else done so?
Nothing other than the special effects part of this mod does anything to the game play or crew or sensors or anything like that.

All the special effects does is set's up the game with better fires and explosions and adds them to the ships and also adds new effects the game never had from the start.

For the ship and sub reflection work and or sub movment a minimal amount of stuff was changed and none of it involves the sensors or crew only reflections and movment through the ocean and how it reacts to sea states.

This mod is about graffic enhancements for the game.
Old 11-12-07, 05:14 PM   #1507
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

I'm useing RFB with the entire ROW Mod. Yes, JSGME will alert you that ROW will change some files already altered by RFB. I just let it overwrite whatever it wanted, and have'nt noticed anything bad.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 05:17 PM   #1508
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Sound effect's for the game is a matter of personal taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
I'm really interested in the new sounds pack that is offered here. The only problem is I'm currently useing the "SH4 Ultimate Sound" Mod , and I'm sure that the new sounds in this mod will overwrite some of these sounds. I'm pretty happy with the sounds of the current mod I'm useing, but the impending new AC sounds are going to tip the scale for me.

Has anyone used the Ultimate Sound Mod befor? How do you feel it compares to the new sounds offered in ROW? What are the major differences, and what am I missing? Thanks in advance.
Just like any other mod. The best you can do for yourself is download them listen to them both in and out of game and find what you want for your own game.

Remember we are working to make these sound effect's work best with the realistic sound travel option of the game so these sound effect's from this mod is specificly designed around that effect to create the best result's so if you do not use that in game option they might not sound right or perfect.

Lot's of rework done on these sounds to make them unique and more realistic instead of basic sounds.
Old 11-12-07, 05:17 PM   #1509
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Default Just A thought

#1 ROW hi-end quality

#2 ROW-best performance,low-end
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 05:24 PM   #1510
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default RFB graffics are not as up todate as what is in this mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40

I'm useing RFB with the entire ROW Mod. Yes, JSGME will alert you that ROW will change some files already altered by RFB. I just let it overwrite whatever it wanted, and have'nt noticed anything bad.

BETA Release:

This MOD is about in game Graffics and effects only!

If you want more orginal game graffics for fire's and no oil slik effects and original colors work for sky and ocean then do not use ROW. I do not know the last time Berry upgraded his mod and posted it. But I do know for a fact that the graffics we did here and available for download now is further up to date than Duciums T.M. which also has some of the older ROW graffics but not all of them.

This will not effect your game play decision on which of the campaign mod's you chose.

This is about effects and graffics only not about actual game play. So letting this over write RFB and or T.M. and or RSRD is not an issue it will not effect how those mod's base file's work and how they effect the game. This is about environmental effects from how the ocean looks and works how the sky looks and works how the fires and smoke and explosions look and work and how the game environment sounds.

The other mods are about game play when and where you see ships and convoys and how and when you do missions. ROW dosn;t touch anything at all as far as game play.
Old 11-12-07, 05:29 PM   #1511
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
sub net colision sound effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut
What is that new manual chain hoist/chain fall sound:hmm: ,it distracts my attention,when setting up torps.not used to it yet,this game takes concentration
Sounds like there loading torps in the conning tower,& we are nowere near a subnet, waters to deep.Sorry for finding/reporting our problems
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 05:30 PM   #1512
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default No worries about reporting anything

Quote:
Quote:
What is that new manual chain hoist/chain fall sound:hmm: ,it distracts my attention,when setting up torps.not used to it yet,this game takes concentration
Sounds like there loading torps in the conning tower,& we are nowere near a subnet, waters to deep.Sorry for finding/reporting our problems
I am just trying to figure out what sound is doing it other than the sub net sound that is all.
Old 11-12-07, 05:35 PM   #1513
Angus89
Bosun

Hmm, filefront wont let me downlosd new ship reflections. Prolly just a prob on my end, but i thought i'd mention it. Off to sink things . Keep it up Leo.
Old 11-12-07, 05:39 PM   #1514
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I just downloaded and unpacked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus89
Hmm, filefront wont let me downlosd new ship reflections. Prolly just a prob on my end, but i thought i'd mention it. Off to sink things . Keep it up Leo.
Maybe your firewall is giving you a problem turn it off for a few minutes to download the file then turn it back on and see what happens.
Old 11-12-07, 05:42 PM   #1515
Angus89
Bosun

It works now, didnt change anything. Gremlins.