SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-13, 01:43 AM   #31
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

very cool addition Rubini

thank you

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 11:41 AM   #32
twexl
Electrician's Mate

Location: Portsmouth.England-20,000 leagues under the premiership
Downloads: 314
Uploads: 0

Another masterpiece! Glad you incorporated your objectview camera mod, I been using it since day one. In port at the moment so haven't tested it at sea. Thankyou.
Old 09-14-13, 05:27 AM   #33
sailor_X
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi Rubini,

Nice mod. I enabled it after Ultimate ObjectView Camerav1.0 mod and it looked ok from the first glance, but I'm getting frequent camera blur effect stuck on screen forever when I lock camera on the unit (external cam) and then boost time compression a bit. Camera then is stuck with blur effect on external view. I also noticed that blur effect is more common to stuck when my u-boat is submerged rather than on surface. Perhaps it will help to solve the issue in future..

Edited: Disregard the text in red, the blur effect gets stuck when submerged u-boat reaches speed of h'sie's hardcode fix..:

4. Periscope-Fix
Periscopes nearly useless for higher speeds, since blur effect simulates periscopes vibrations. At higher speeds, periscopes are moved down automatically.

The effect that should be visible only on periscopes can be seen on external cam too using this mod..

Last edited by sailor_X; 09-14-13 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-14-13, 07:33 AM   #34
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173

You Sir are a genius! Just one tiny file that doesn't even conflict with any other mods and it looks so cool The only problem is now I feel seasick when I watch an MTB bouncing on the waves... But I'll get used to it soon.

I didn't realize how e m p t y the underwater sea scenery was until I tried your mod. Thanks a lot
sublynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-13, 07:40 PM   #35
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

@sailor_X
I use this mod as it is and also with hsie pericope speed blur limit without issues. Just the blur as expect from both mods.
Let me know if you or someone more want it (this mod without blur effect) and I will make it.

@sublynx
Note that the unstabilized camera can have 99% of goods but it also have 1% of odd moments, for example when the uboat is surfacing/submerging at great speed the camera becomes a bit too inclined - nothing that you can´t solve changing the angle view with your mouse anyway. All the others 99% time it is just great! And it really seasicks!

Last edited by Rubini; 09-15-13 at 03:22 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-13, 11:16 PM   #36
sailor_X
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Rubini, I like the blur effect too, perhaps it happened because I enable it on top of Ultimate camera view 1.0
Old 09-15-13, 12:56 AM   #37
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173

I have now played with this effect while attacking a convoy and I have to say that this mod is a great atmosphere enhancer. The unstabilized camera gives the perfect illusion of watching the events from the deck of a ship bouncing on the waves and if you're forced to dive you dive into a sea with plancton and whatnot and not just a blue nothingness.

This mod is like KB's Diesel Sound mod, it only changes the tiniest part of the game, but once you try it you realize that you just can't play without it because these kinds of mods take you inside the game world. Just like KB's diesel sound making a big difference to the feeling of speed when the engines start really roaring at full RPM's this mod helps one distinguish between sailing along slowly at 8 knots versus full speed at 15 - 16 knots as the seasick effect gets the worse the faster one travels
sublynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-13, 07:27 AM   #38
Borgneface
Captain

Downloads: 657

S! Rubini;

Superb work......I do enjoy underwater outside view....seeing partuciles of all sizes and shapes...;floating around....
Well done,
Thank you
Old 09-15-13, 03:41 PM   #39
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Thanks again mates to try this mod!

Just to remind that the unstabilized camera mod (that are added to this "dust&plancton" mod) isn´t only about unstabilized views. But also about really free object view camera, with far in/out zoom limits and fov changes at your fingers! this IMHO is also a must.

Last edited by Rubini; 09-16-13 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-16-13, 03:23 AM   #40
sailor_X
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
@sailor_X
I use this mod as it is and also with hsie pericope speed blur limit without issues. Just the blur as expect from both mods.
Let me know if you or someone more want it (this mod without blur effect) and I will make it.

It looks like this.

Situation: U-boat is submerged and does speed above h.sie's periscope blur effect, external cam must follow any unit with <> keys.
Old 09-16-13, 07:49 AM   #41
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_X View Post

It looks like this.

Situation: U-boat is submerged and does speed above h.sie's periscope blur effect, external cam must follow any unit with <> keys.
I guess that this is about hsie mod. As you said in the picture the uboat is above hsie periscope blur speed, so i guess that this is expected. Do you already tried to disable this feature on hsie´s mod and see what happens?
Old 09-16-13, 08:00 AM   #42
sailor_X
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well I tried without your mod and there was no problem with blur on external cam attached to a unit. So I believe the problem lies in your mod, or somewhere in between those two..

Last edited by sailor_X; 09-16-13 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-16-13, 06:36 PM   #43
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Well I tried without your mod and there was no problem with blur on external cam attached to a unit. So I believe the problem lies in your mod, or somewhere in between those two..
Hi sailor_X,

I will release a version without that blur effect. Anyhow, as I said i have not any problem at my end. These "odds" things occurs with hsie´s periscope blur, but they are intentionnal on his mod to really makes the game "unplayable" above that setted submerged speed. Stay tunned!
Old 09-17-13, 03:30 AM   #44
sailor_X
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi sailor_X,

I will release a version without that blur effect. Anyhow, as I said i have not any problem at my end. These "odds" things occurs with hsie´s periscope blur, but they are intentionnal on his mod to really makes the game "unplayable" above that setted submerged speed. Stay tunned!
Well I was hoping it could be fixed, but if not I will use this mod anyway. Blur effect itself looks great. I'll just try not to force those odds to appear
Old 09-18-13, 11:35 PM   #45
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Well I was hoping it could be fixed, but if not I will use this mod anyway. Blur effect itself looks great. I'll just try not to force those odds to appear
First post updated with a a version without blur effect!

Last edited by Rubini; 09-19-13 at 08:02 AM.