SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-16, 11:32 AM   #5041
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1053
Uploads: 0

Default Binoculars with bearing

All right, here's the link to the mod "TWOS Binoculars with bearing by Torpedo v1". If you can, please let me know if the mod works, of course I tried it several times before.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xj...Torpedo_v1.zip

Good hunting!!!

Torpedo
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 12:28 PM   #5042
Sone7
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 159

Looking at your modification, I thought replacing the "blank" in Pages/Page binocular with "bearing" is all I need. Unfortunately not, and while I suppose the bearing display is there enabled, it probably is just out of screen space. Could You suggest how to deal with that?
Another thing is everybody plays at different screen resolution, so the binoculars mod You posted will probably not work for all subsimmers.
Thanks!

Sone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 01:23 PM   #5043
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

You know what sucks guys? To shadow a huge convoy in the dark for quite some time, determine it´s speed course and position with the 4 bearing method, and then have it all ruined by the stupid bug where a destroyer starts to follow you in close proximity and sailing circles.......
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 01:55 PM   #5044
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sone7 View Post
Looking at your modification, I thought replacing the "blank" in Pages/Page binocular with "bearing" is all I need. Unfortunately not, and while I suppose the bearing display is there enabled, it probably is just out of screen space. Could You suggest how to deal with that?
Another thing is everybody plays at different screen resolution, so the binoculars mod You posted will probably not work for all subsimmers.
Thanks!
I advise you to download my MOD. The Page binocular.ini in TWOS is completely different from what I used. It is not enough to change the name blank.dds in binoculars.dds, I used a different Page binocular.ini that I edited. But I do not think it's a screen resolution problem. Only if you try my mod you can say that there are problems with other subsimmers.
Old 05-03-16, 03:56 PM   #5045
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
All right, here's the link to the mod "TWOS Binoculars with bearing by Torpedo v1". If you can, please let me know if the mod works, of course I tried it several times before.

Good hunting!!!

Torpedo
no offece but u asked DrJone for permission to use magUI Binocular ?
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 04:15 PM   #5046
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
no offece but u asked DrJone for permission to use magUI Binocular ?
I'm really sorry! I found that in some .dds mod that I liked but did not know who to ask for permission. Now I know and I thank you, I will ask now to DrJone the permission to use His Magui Binocular.

Torpedo
Old 05-03-16, 04:31 PM   #5047
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3208

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
No, I don't think so...
Yes. With OFEV you can put the crosshair in binos. No bearings. My mistake.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 04:46 PM   #5048
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3208

Quote:

Good hunting!!!

Torpedo
Working in my TWoS. Fine.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 07:17 AM   #5049
Sone7
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
I advise you to download my MOD. The Page binocular.ini in TWOS is completely different from what I used. It is not enough to change the name blank.dds in binoculars.dds, I used a different Page binocular.ini that I edited. But I do not think it's a screen resolution problem. Only if you try my mod you can say that there are problems with other subsimmers.
Sorry, I meant no harm
Of course I tried your modification. On my setup the binocs work flawlessly, they are just bigger than in your screenshot so I barely see the fingers around. The lens take most of screen space. That's actually a good thing! But definitely screen size/resolution is a factor.

The reason behind my first answer was that I originally wanted to incorporate only the bearing alone.
Thanks Torpedo!
---------

Vecko,
I didn't find anything searching the thread, so I'll just need to ask. Did You ever consider incorporating Reaper's Enhaned Recognition Manual (edited by Zedi: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...php?t=172187)? It's basically the same thing as current XO dialog box, just looking better AND is compatible with NewUIs (added as optional). The reasons for that are mainly aesthetic. Having that mod, maybe just as optional, helps the immersion a lot if one doesn't like the stock GUI elements.
I tried enabling it above TWoS and didn't encounter problems, apart from ship length/width etc. not beaing displayed. Didn't care for that, as I still use the charts recognition manual.
Of course, one could continue using it as is, but I was hoping You could take a look at this or maybe just point out any major incompatibilities, if they exist.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sone7; 05-04-16 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-04-16, 09:24 AM   #5050
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

@ Sone 07
That mod is very old and probably incompatible in many ways, but still, I'll see what I can do...

@ Torpedo
Do you know is it possible to add some volume to dc explosions sound in sh.sdl file? Maybe even to fix missing sea surfacing sound for type VIIb? I don't know much about sh.sdl editing...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 09:35 AM   #5051
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

vdr1981,

Really enjoying your mod. Thanks for putting it together and supporting the mod.
Old 05-04-16, 10:05 AM   #5052
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
vdr1981,

Really enjoying your mod. Thanks for putting it together and supporting the mod.
SH veterans are very nitpicking and hard to please category and to see that some of them actually enjoy this expansion always gives me a fresh dose of will not to quit. Thank you very much!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 10:48 AM   #5053
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Vecko
Morale boost timemy way of saying I appreciate your hard work on making SH5 playable again.
Thank you from Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 11:06 AM   #5054
KaleuJona
Mate

Downloads: 21
Icon14 Good Work!

I complain so much about this Expansion, but i really, REALLY appreciate, how you make this game playable AND enjoyable and how much work you put into it...
Thanks
KaleuJona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 11:24 AM   #5055
Sone7
Machinist's Mate

It's one of the best things that have happened to SH5, Vecko Everywhere I go I see people playing the V with TWoS, and only because of TWoS. Most had gave up on the complicated process of compiling mod setups. Your work makes the difference!