SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-14-19, 04:11 PM   #12526
CaptJulius
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 154
Uploads: 0

Gave a go to try TWOS once again WESTERN APPROACHES campaign in the middle of North Atlantic , cruising to patrol zone 500 TC and BAM CTD. , why this game cant run stable on my rig..

Event Viewer :

Faulting application name: sh5.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x562b9a96
Faulting module name: Particles.act, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bce9a2f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000b684
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13
Faulting package full name: %14
Faulting package-relative application ID: %15
CaptJulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 07:32 PM   #12527
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I am beginning to wonder the same thing. In the last week I have attempted to install Sober's Mega Mod 9 times and have had to reinstall TWoS 4 times. Since I had a career in computers I'm pretty confident I am competent to follow the instructions. I am beginning to think the only way to have a stable experience is to have a Windows 7 platform free of any Steam with a DVD install. I can't find any downloads that are not tied to Uplay and Steam. Every time Steam updates something SH5 goes back to its original Steam iteration.

I did get SH5 (Steam) installed and TWoS working, but since it failed 3 times before I am not sure what to expect. One thing I am trying is to not use any Time Compression. Maybe this will just delay an inevitable anomaly, but I'm going to give it a try.

Here's hoping!
Old 09-15-19, 02:31 AM   #12528
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJulius View Post
Gave a go to try TWOS once again WESTERN APPROACHES campaign in the middle of North Atlantic , cruising to patrol zone 500 TC and BAM CTD. , why this game cant run stable on my rig..

Event Viewer :

Faulting application name: sh5.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x562b9a96
Faulting module name: Particles.act, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bce9a2f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000b684
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13
Faulting package full name: %14
Faulting package-relative application ID: %15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Codetrucker View Post
I am beginning to wonder the same thing. In the last week I have attempted to install Sober's Mega Mod 9 times and have had to reinstall TWoS 4 times. Since I had a career in computers I'm pretty confident I am competent to follow the instructions. I am beginning to think the only way to have a stable experience is to have a Windows 7 platform free of any Steam with a DVD install. I can't find any downloads that are not tied to Uplay and Steam. Every time Steam updates something SH5 goes back to its original Steam iteration.

I did get SH5 (Steam) installed and TWoS working, but since it failed 3 times before I am not sure what to expect. One thing I am trying is to not use any Time Compression. Maybe this will just delay an inevitable anomaly, but I'm going to give it a try.

Here's hoping!
There is a thread for problems/bugs/CTD reports for TWoS users. I suggest you guys to use it. As you can see for your self, TWoS CTD reports are pretty rare these days and many users don't have any problems with it, including my self. All instability and CTD problems are now almost always user related, so make sure to be thorough in your reports so we can figure out what went wrong... Cheers!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 02:39 AM   #12529
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicheBach View Post

Got about 2/3 of the way there and my boat became "frozen" in place. No matter what speed I set it to, actual speed is 00 knots.

Any idea what this is?
Don't tell me. External torpedo reserves transfer was active? Did you read carefully description of this ability? No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicheBach View Post

I backed up and tried a different route. I Ended Patrol, and I was shocked to learn that my boat spent a MONTH! in Kiel!? Wat!?
It's actually 24 days by default but I don't understand what's so shocking about it?? Historically in ww2, U-boat preparation for next patrol lasted well over a month. Anyway, you can tweak your bunker pauses manually or with included KSDCommander application...Read documentation...
Old 09-15-19, 04:27 AM   #12530
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
There is a thread for problems/bugs/CTD reports for TWoS users. I suggest you guys to use it. As you can see for your self, TWoS CTD reports are pretty rare these days and many users don't have any problems with it, including my self. All instability and CTD problems are now almost always user related, so make sure to be thorough in your reports so we can figure out what went wrong... Cheers!

For my part, I apologize for casting any dispersion on TWoS. I will refer to the bugs board. FWIW - I didn't say I have had any CTDs. The failures I have had have all been failed functionality within SH5/TWoS. Right now I have SH5/TWoS working, so I have no bugs to report. Maybe I did miss some crucial step in the first three attempted installs. Time will tell.

On another note, should TC have anything to do with stability? Like I said, I was intending to run SH5/TWoS without TC, but is that even a possibility I should concern myself?

Standing by.
Old 09-15-19, 03:20 PM   #12531
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

On another note, should TC have anything to do with stability? Like I said, I was intending to run SH5/TWoS without TC, but is that even a possibility I should concern myself?

Standing by.
With TWoS, not so much. Alt-tabbing on the other hand can mess up your game. Anyway, playing any SH game without TC is just too much "hardcore" for my taste..
Old 09-15-19, 04:47 PM   #12532
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 206
Uploads: 5

Quote:

Here's hoping!
If you have disk space make a copy of your SH5 install and after you run the TWoS install on it create a short cut to start the game with and don't start it using steam. The TWoS installer
has an option that basically converts your steam SH5.exe to a standalone DVD version. It will still launch Uplay but it bypasses steam completely. I have 3 separate SH5 installs still within my Steam folder but they are not altered by Steam unless I launch them using Steam. I keep one as a backup of the original game, one for career and one for mod creation.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 10:59 PM   #12533
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman335 View Post
If you have disk space make a copy of your SH5 install and after you run the TWoS install on it create a short cut to start the game with and don't start it using steam. The TWoS installer
has an option that basically converts your steam SH5.exe to a standalone DVD version. It will still launch Uplay but it bypasses steam completely. I have 3 separate SH5 installs still within my Steam folder but they are not altered by Steam unless I launch them using Steam. I keep one as a backup of the original game, one for career and one for mod creation.

Thank you. I'll try your methodology out.

[off topic]

Do you know if this scheme works for Sober's Mega Mod too? I know it is tougher than the TWoS. I will probably be sent to Davy Jones Locker the first DD or DE I come across, but I am intrigued to try Sober's talk-not-buttons style of interacting with the crew and boat.
[/off topic]
Old 09-16-19, 11:30 AM   #12534
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 206
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Thank you. I'll try your methodology out.

[off topic]

Do you know if this scheme works for Sober's Mega Mod too? I know it is tougher than the TWoS. I will probably be sent to Davy Jones Locker the first DD or DE I come across, but I am intrigued to try Sober's talk-not-buttons style of interacting with the crew and boat.
[/off topic]
IT should if you save a copy of the SH5. exe that you made during the TWoS install and then just copy it to the version using The other mega mod and launch it from that SH5.exe or a shortcut of it. Remember the key to this is that the SH5.exe gets converted as part of the TWoS install. As I said it will still launch Uplay ,theres no getting around that but you can set the settings in it to be offline mode but it shouldn't change anything anyway if you are using the 1.20 version of SH5

{even more off topic}
by the way for those of you using my texture mods I finally got around to installing the latest updates for TWoS and they should still work just fine in either TWoS or a standard game. I have been really busy in the real world, mixing 2 albums and have a client ending their tour and coming in to the studio at the end of the month to start a new album, and this is the first chance I have had to post anything about it.

Last edited by boogieman335; 09-16-19 at 11:51 AM.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 06:26 AM   #12535
WildBlueYonder
Mate

Downloads: 13

When I receive a radio convoy report, if the heading is ENE, does it correspond roughly to 67-68 degrees or is it anything between 45 (NE) and 90 (E)?
WildBlueYonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 09:04 AM   #12536
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueYonder View Post
When I receive a radio convoy report, if the heading is ENE, does it correspond roughly to 67-68 degrees or is it anything between 45 (NE) and 90 (E)?
ENE 45-90

Old 09-17-19, 10:55 AM   #12537
vdr1981
Navy Seal

From the next update every item you sellect from the equipment page will have clear and unambiguous (with BIG LETTERS) English translation which is impossible to miss. In your campaign the translation will become visible only after new campaign start though since the old descriptions is already embedded in your gamesaves... Here is a small example...

Old 09-17-19, 11:20 AM   #12538
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3208

Quote:
From the next update every item you sellect from the equipment page will have clear and unambiguous (with BIG LETTERS) English translation which is impossible to miss. In your campaign the translation will become visible only after new campaign start though since the old descriptions is already embedded in your gamesaves... Here is a small example...

Interesting. Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 12:27 PM   #12539
WildBlueYonder
Mate

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
ENE 45-90

So to plot an intercept course, do you take the middle value (67) and then once near do 4 bearings?
WildBlueYonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 03:28 PM   #12540
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueYonder View Post
So to plot an intercept course, do you take the middle value (67) and then once near do 4 bearings?
May I refer you to my tutorial?

Silent Hunter 5 Wolves of Steel - How to plot an intercept course
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote