SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-10, 12:42 PM   #901
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

A point of interest. I'm curious to how the RA team decided on the SSK sound levels. As it is now a Kilo Improved going 20 knots on electric power is louder than a Akula II going 35 knots. Any reason the RA team decided on these particular noise levels?
Old 03-07-10, 01:22 PM   #902
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
A point of interest. I'm curious to how the RA team decided on the SSK sound levels. As it is now a Kilo Improved going 20 knots on electric power is louder than a Akula II going 35 knots. Any reason the RA team decided on these particular noise levels?

Just my 0.02 € :

Having an electric sub doesn't imply its going to stay "quiet" across the entire speed spectrum. And if I remember correctly sound levels in subs don't increase linearly but by discrete thresholds. So its conceivable that at high speeds and Kilo actually produces more noise than the Akula II. You have to take into also into account that the Kilo is an "old design". How about the sound levels of modern AIP subs, Collins, Type 212 IT/DE with respect to Akula II ? That should give us a better picture of the situation.

Loblo : how much noisier is the Kilo at max speed with respect to the Akula II at max speed ? It would be interesting to compare also to the noise level of the 688 at max speed.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 05:19 PM   #903
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

CrazyIvan in Redrogers forum actually mentioned that the sound bug is part of the original DW 1.04 bug and will take some time to fix.

I don't believe it will take too long so let's hope CrazyIvan manage to quicken a fix or find a shortcut to fix the sound bug.
Old 03-07-10, 05:55 PM   #904
Yskonyn
Sailor man

Downloads: 30

Download links are down. Any idea where to get v1.1 please?
Old 03-07-10, 06:22 PM   #905
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yskonyn View Post
Download links are down. Any idea where to get v1.1 please?
DWX 1.1 suffers froma sound bug it's been suspended until a fix is done.
Meanwhile you could try asking those who have downloaded it. My upload speed is waaay to slow it would take me more than a working day to have them uploaded but then again witht he sound bug it's not really worth playing it. So my suggestion is to be patient. I myself have uninstalled DWX with DW altogether.
Old 03-07-10, 06:53 PM   #906
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
Meanwhile you could try asking those who have downloaded it. My upload speed is waaay to slow it would take me more than a working day to have them uploaded but then again witht he sound bug it's not really worth playing it. So my suggestion is to be patient. I myself have uninstalled DWX with DW altogether.

I dont understand why every one is so up set about a sound bug its been there ever since ive been playing DW and installed the 1.04patch i enjoy playing DWX 1.1 all games and patches have something wrong with them and our RA Team seems to fix them almost as soon as they or discoverd i use the doctrine fix.

Last edited by Deisel Submarine; 03-08-10 at 08:12 PM.
Deisel Submarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 07:35 PM   #907
Castout
Silent Hunter

Doctrine fix was meant for version 1.0 not 1.1

We're not upset. We are waiting for the re-release .

If you thought there were negative vibes in my post it was probably coming from elsewhere outside the forum and certainly not from my post . . .

There has been no doctrine fix for DWX 1.1...not that I know of at least

Last edited by Castout; 03-07-10 at 11:16 PM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 11:30 PM   #908
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Quote:
Doctrine fix was meant for version 1.0 not 1.1

We're not upset. We are waiting for the re-release .

If you thought there were negative vibes in my post it was probably coming from elsewhere outside the forum and certainly not from my post . . .

There has been no doctrine fix for DWX 1.1...not that I know of at least
I wasnt refering only to you other people on the Fourums were kinda up set or so it seemed that the RA 1.1 had a sound bug and im sure your right that the Doctrine fix isnt for RA1.1 i enjoy DWX as it is but i too will be glad when they re-release the Fixed RA1.1.
Old 03-08-10, 12:40 AM   #909
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
Loblo : how much noisier is the Kilo at max speed with respect to the Akula II at max speed ? It would be interesting to compare also to the noise level of the 688 at max speed.
Here's the noise level with Russias newest SSK
LAimproved at 32 knots = SL 73
Lada at 21 knots = SL 76.
Akula II at 35 knots = SL 76

Here's the reference I refer to most of the time from FAS.org http://www.fas.org/spp/eprint/snf03221.htm
At higher speeds flow noise predominates. And flow noise is a function of speed, displacement, and hydrodynamic form. Given that the SSK are around 24%-33% the displacement, traveling 60% the speed, and have equivocal shapes, why would they have louder sound levels? The machinery noise of a that nuclear boat deal with in the form of reduction gears, turbines, and coolant pumps aren't present as well.

Of course given that the RA team is making the mod as they see fit, its no big deal and its modder's prerogative . I'm just interested in how the sound levels were decided.

Quote:
*whew* Glad I got a chance to grab it and play it before it was taken down. Fantastic mod sound bug or not.
Old 03-08-10, 01:06 AM   #910
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deisel Submarine View Post
I wasnt refering only to you other people on the Fourums were kinda up set or so it seemed that the RA 1.1 had a sound bug and im sure your right that the Doctrine fix isnt for RA1.1 i enjoy DWX as it is but i too will be glad when they re-release the Fixed RA1.1.
Well I hope they got it fixed within a week or two...days even better I'm not sure I can wait for another few months [pull hair]
Old 03-08-10, 01:58 AM   #911
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Quote:
Well I hope they got it fixed within a week or two...days even better I'm not sure I can wait for another few months [pull hair]
Yup lets hope they hurry with the fixes they said they fixed the DSRV bug already But I Wonder how they will fix the Sound bug thats in the 1.04 patch but ill leave that to the Pros.
Old 03-08-10, 04:14 AM   #912
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deisel Submarine View Post
Yup lets hope they hurry with the fixes they said they fixed the DSRV bug already But I Wonder how they will fix the Sound bug thats in the 1.04 patch but ill leave that to the Pros.
Well many people said the DSRV couldn't be fixed, or that the Udaloy being a copy of the Frigate could not fire its cannon in the correct position.
And yet the modders did it. So I have confidence that the sound bug will be squashed seeing as it was not present in DWX 1.0. All it takes is time and energy.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 06:11 AM   #913
Yskonyn
Sailor man

Downloads: 30

I see, thanks for the headsup.
Eventhough some find DXW 1.1 is perfectly playable it isn't available for download anymore.

I have LWAMI 3.09 installed over DW 1.04 at the moment and that suits me fine as well as I am returning to DW and need to get the hang of things first again. More playable platforms is not really necessary at the moment for me and I think LWAMI did a great job of improving realism of the 1.04 game.
Old 03-08-10, 10:30 AM   #914
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
Well many people said the DSRV couldn't be fixed, or that the Udaloy being a copy of the Frigate could not fire its cannon in the correct position.
And yet the modders did it. So I have confidence that the sound bug will be squashed seeing as it was not present in DWX 1.0. All it takes is time and energy.
The Modders or the ones that made all of these mods possible so Yes i agree that they will squash this bug given a little time.
No Matter what file its in.
Old 03-12-10, 09:18 PM   #915
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Where is the bug sound in RA 1.1? In the russian subs? I´ve installed the mod and works fine for me. Yes, I don´t use the new units, or russian subs: only 688i (improved) and Seawolf.

With this subs, the mod is Ok for me. I test DSRV and works fine (with the "bug" of the return to my sub, original of DW 1.04, this bug is present). The weapons works correctly.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert