SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-08-17, 08:29 AM   #1
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default This game has evolved

This game has evolved greatly from its initial concept. When it began, it was really about a few passionate Devs wanting to create a WWII U Boat submarine game that followed on from, but was different to, the Silent Hunter series. Getting the project funded was a huge issue, and so they sought some backing from fans of the genre like myself to help things along.

Then, a Publisher became interested and funded the project, allowing the Devs to do so much more than they had originally dreamed of. Since then, this small team of really talented Devs have been working many, many long days to take their game to a new level that wouldn't have been possible without the backing of a Publisher.

So, I would advise against judging this game based on statements from the Devs when their project began. This game has evolved, and it promises to be something that many subsimmers here will really enjoy. It's a very moddable game, and although it is deliberately designed not to be Silent Hunter 6, based on what I'm seeing and hearing about, it will offer members of subsim a very enjoyable and moddable WWII U Boat game.

There's no release date yet. The Devs are optimizing the game. They haven't released the system specs yet for that reason. But this is something to support and look forward to, guys. It won't feel like Silent Hunter, but it will be immersive and a lot of fun.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-18, 11:57 AM   #2
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I agree its looking very promising indeed. It has already demonstrated some details and features that SH can only dream off. (maybe at a cost to some others, but we will see)
I'm genuinely surprised there isn't more of buzz on here over what looks set to be a new benchmark in Subsims/Sub management games.
Plus modding potential.

Keeping a close eye on this one.

Last edited by JU_88; 05-25-18 at 09:50 AM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote