SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-05, 07:45 AM   #1
inetd
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default attached triggers?

Hi

What do you use the attached triggers for? And what does Destination and Approach for trigger activation of attached triggers do? I could not activate the trigger using one of these, although the attached object did reach the trigger's coordinates and OS crossed this coordinates as well. However, relative position worked as expected.

thanks in advance!

inetd
inetd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 09:59 AM   #2
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default Re: attached triggers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inetd
Hi

What do you use the attached triggers for? And what does Destination and Approach for trigger activation of attached triggers do? I could not activate the trigger using one of these, although the attached object did reach the trigger's coordinates and OS crossed this coordinates as well. However, relative position worked as expected.

thanks in advance!

inetd
Page 49 Mission Editor manual.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 10:46 AM   #3
inetd
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

Ok, it works now. I used "OS / accomplishing platform" as msg-send-to target, and the message was send to the AI player only, when I expected it to be delivered to me (OS?). Did not find that one in the manual. I think the editor manual needs more explanations of what things are good for, it contains detailed instructions on how to place something but often a small example would make its purpose clearer and more easy to integrate it in a mission (like air corridors).
inetd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 10:53 AM   #4
Ula Jolly
Samurai Navy

The manuals are excellent in describing WHAT things are, but rather hopeless at describing HOW to use them. It's like having a world of tools ready for cooking, without knowing how to cook it. Makes driving a sub rather difficult, as the learning curve is STEEP.
Old 07-30-05, 12:09 PM   #5
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by inetd
Ok, it works now. I used "OS / accomplishing platform" as msg-send-to target, and the message was send to the AI player only, when I expected it to be delivered to me (OS?). Did not find that one in the manual. I think the editor manual needs more explanations of what things are good for, it contains detailed instructions on how to place something but often a small example would make its purpose clearer and more easy to integrate it in a mission (like air corridors).
I agree with you here.

More examples (how to) would be nice too.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote