SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-07-15, 12:27 PM   #376
Rrannett
Watch

Downloads: 418
Uploads: 0
Icon14 Belated Thankyou's

Wow! I just stumbled upon this thread after 6 years on board! I would, once again, like to extend my deepest thanks to the GWX team for the many days of pleasure that you have brought to my sub sim playing. (I am retired now!) To all the modders, may The Forces be with you!
Rrannett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 01:59 PM   #377
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrannett View Post
Wow! I just stumbled upon this thread after 6 years on board! I would, once again, like to extend my deepest thanks to the GWX team for the many days of pleasure that you have brought to my sub sim playing. (I am retired now!) To all the modders, may The Forces be with you!
SINK EM ALL!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 01:04 PM   #378
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
My friends,

(This is going to hurt.)

Apologies for making a new thread for this post... but I think you'll understand after you've read it.

After days of agonizing over the GWX-related discussion/tasks at hand for this weekend... it is clear to me that there is really only one choice left to us.

In the light of Ubisoft's SH5 preview announcement and impending release... and given the now-reduced manpower available to the GWX dev team...

...we are clearly no longer capable of executing our mission to develop GWX4. Even if we were able to do so, many of the objectives we intended to execute, (as stated on our website and elsewhere) would likely be mirrored only a short time later with the release of SH5... rendering our work obsolete. Just as we've done our dead-level-best to impliment things most sought after by the community... it is clear that the Silent Hunter Devs have been listening to you. This is a good thing guys. It is rather logical that parallel courses were eventually steered into in many ways...
The terrible thing about this post is the absolute assurance that the Ubi devs were listening and would deliver what the community wanted. And how utterly they failed to do anything of the sort. I'd love to see a chart of objectives planned by GWX4 and how many of them were implemented in SH5. Maybe it would just make me cry about how thoroughly we were let down. The GWX team did the right thing for reasons that turned out to be totally false. And that reflects on Ubi, not the GWX team.

It is clear now that SH3 and SH4 were as good as it was going to get. And they are darned good, in spite of their problems. Thanks to the Grey Wolves. You made SH3 shine.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-16, 01:22 PM   #379
olddriedseaweed
Mate

Downloads: 259
Default not to necro a thread....

Wanted to express my thanks to all involved in GWX3. Like others, I have been playing this mod for years and just wanted to say thanks.
olddriedseaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 12:22 AM   #380
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Downloads: 36

After 10 years there are still people who discover GWX and are impressed by the quality of this supermod.
Noobicum4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 05:48 AM   #381
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

And rightly so

Enjoy the GWXperience

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 04:35 PM   #382
TheGreatElector
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1218
Uploads: 117

For mods, this is by far one of the best mods out there in general!Just looking back at this thread brings back good memories.
TheGreatElector is offline   Reply With Quote