SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-20, 01:50 AM   #1
Beel
Seaman

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0
Default Returning.....

How do all..2013 last call here...resurrected an old Laptop about a month ago...had me old fave 1.4 with RSRDC and a coupla Websters mods....still plays , but after trying to reload and patch me old DVD version to no avail , did some digging here, with notes , last month or so ….just left Brizzy, after a loooong train trip from Sydney, where I reside ... heading for Solomons with Steam 1.3 and U-Boat Missions tricked up with the wonderful beginners mods pack and RSRDC ….wonderful wonderful work all and happy as a clam lol . Fair sea's matey's and will check out other mods etc later . Ta very muchly y'all...
( also CPT Midnights Radio ) ( Windows 10 1920/1080 etc etc.....game is magnificent now ta )
Beel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 02:17 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

BEEL! Once again the infamous seven-year-itch strikes; lots of old timers are suddenly resurrecting due to the pandemic lockdown...and boredom!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 02:53 AM   #3
Beel
Seaman

Ta man...and yup....they don't make games like these anymore eh....I first got into Silent Hunter 1 then played Silent Service later ...progressing in a backward style lol....this this modern rendition is simply awesome and a dream come true....fired up first go too....but but a lot of patience and checking on this great forum first....go well all and nice to be back .
Old 05-05-20, 03:11 AM   #4
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

Hi Beel,

I too recently returned after a few years away, I went flight simming, I started with Silent service then got SH2, tweaked it a lot back then.
I also bought the other versions, SH3, SH4 and SH5, on installing and trying things out again I noticed a lot of mods for the various versions have been made.
Some will work with others some will break others, some have to be in a certain order to work, some subs/ships will only work in certain types of missions, I'm still asking questions lol.

Good luck

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 05:34 AM   #5
Beel
Seaman

Luv the Flight Sim's....this is great though ...relaxing but frantic et al sometime's…..the new tricked up version is unbelievably good Imo....grant it I'm about 70 nm northish of Brisbane.....2 x major secret's I gleened...do not upgrade anything on yar boat mission 1...jus sail . No. 2 .Make sure ur more than 50nm outta port on mission numero uno….before saving at all......
Old 05-05-20, 05:42 AM   #6
Beel
Seaman

Tnk u guy's...I jus got it fired up today and hey.....question''s ta follow , no doubt lol......it looks and feels so much much better .
Old 05-05-20, 09:39 AM   #7
Beel
Seaman

Reply to Col777...Yup to all Flight Simming Il46, Falcon, Car Racing GTL..etc etc....I like the chillin' in this....I can set it up and head out the backyard etc..and come back....all good .