SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-28-13, 03:08 AM   #16
Montekidlo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'm anxious wether it's safe to overwrite all Library files ? Perhaps it will spoil something for other ships ? JSGME shows me lots of conflicts there when I try to enable these destroyers.

Perhaps I should enable Sea folder only, to avoid conflicts ?

Last edited by Montekidlo; 05-28-13 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-28-13, 05:34 AM   #17
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I just can't keep your pace, you produce new ships faster than I can transfer them to my SH4 harbours. I'm still tangled with the Tribals .

Just joking... They look just as great as the rest of your "little" destroyer flotilla

Bravo
Old 05-28-13, 08:51 AM   #18
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montekidlo View Post
I'm anxious wether it's safe to overwrite all Library files ? Perhaps it will spoil something for other ships ? JSGME shows me lots of conflicts there when I try to enable these destroyers.

Perhaps I should enable Sea folder only, to avoid conflicts ?
Shouldn't be a problem. If you don't like the result, just deactivate the mod and you are good to go with no harm done.
Old 05-28-13, 11:24 AM   #19
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Hi the_frog,

wonderful models, so the warship fleet is almost completed, isn´t it? By the way, i created a small table including all of your and all other UUW modder´s mods, sorted by date, so it should match with all those library files updates, having been integrated from time to time. I will upload it tonight.

Finally, we got a realistic model of the british type 286 radar antenna, which is used in SH3 by standard.
Really nice.
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 12:17 PM   #20
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17

(answers in the order of the original posts)

@Maddy:
... likely, Ubi noticed that I dislike ambient occlusion, which has become a must in modern rendering

@Montekildo:
... the library files include the gun_uk library I have been maintaining since a while, as well as the lookout library, another of my toys. Actually, it's better to use these versions, otherwise the Hunts may not work well. The shells_SB library is an old creation by sergbuto; some items in the guns_uk make use of shells defined therein. The files are the original ones, except for the shells_SB.sim. There, I corrected a small error.
See also the comment by Irish1958.

@JapLance:
Likely, it will a take a bit longer until I can present the next model because it's not another RN vessel.

@leitender:
... the Type 286 came already with the Tribals
Old 05-28-13, 12:32 PM   #21
Montekidlo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks for the answer The_Frog. I tried to enable your new Tribal without Library folder and it seemed to look ok in Museum. I made a testing mission where Tribal was shooting at me with it's deck guns, and was droping DC later. So I assume these models can work easily without Library files ?
Old 05-28-13, 01:18 PM   #22
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
(answers in the order of the original posts)

@JapLance:
Likely, it will a take a bit longer until I can present the next model because it's not another RN vessel.
Thank God .

I couldn't resist temptation and loaded the Hunts in SH4, just to have a quick glance .

I noticed that the rangefinder in all three classes is rotated astern:

Is there any particular reason for that or is it just a minor glitch?
Old 05-28-13, 02:48 PM   #23
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Great work, the_frog

Did you change the length and/or mast height of the Hunt/Tribal destroyers? And the *.sim values (speed,...)?

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 03:30 PM   #24
the_frog
Commander

@Montekildo:
Did you enable the Tribals after the Hunts? In that case, you did absolutely right because otherwise you would use an older version of the guns_uk. Always use the most recent version.

@JapLance:
Turning the rangefinder/director away from the spray was common practice on the Hunts (just have a look at photographs). In turn, exposed aft guns were often turned forward in order to deflect the spray (see also Tribals and J to Z classes).

@LGN1:
Yes, I followed plans and specifications; the *.cfg files have been changed accordingly.
Old 05-29-13, 01:35 AM   #25
Montekidlo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok this is how it was:

I have added following destroyers to my campaign: E&G; G&H; Havant; I; Vasiliefs_Georgios; NMS_Algerine.
WITH LIBRARY FILES THAT CAME WITH THEM.

Then I enabled Tribal without it's Library folder (Sea folder only) By doing so I assume I just have enabled new model for Tribal, leaving GWX based configuration for it ?

Now I'm trying to enable Hunt_I_to_III_mod and I'm getting this:

I do understant that Library files has to be overwritten with latest release which comes with your every new model right ?

If so I'm now anxious about those other few conflicts. Is it ok to overwrrite those ?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-29-13, 02:05 AM   #26
the_frog
Commander

Montekildo, the Tribal's configuration differes from that in GWX only by the suite of weapons and a slightly different damage model. The latter is not affected by any library file.
The reasons why the Tribals partially worked are that some of the items used (i) come from standard library files, and (ii) are in the older version of the guns_uk that came with the Algerines.
So, your Tribal misses the 4-barrel .5 inch machine guns up to mind-1942. That will be fixed upon installation of the newest version of the guns_uk coming with the Hunts.
In case of the library files created by me (guns_uk.*, lookouts.*) use always the newest version. i.e., overwrite the older ones.
Overwriting the files changed by the LifeBoat&Debris Mod may affect the debris produced by the Hunts, however, you have to do overwrite them because otherwise the new Hunt models will not work correctly.
The only file you better remove from the library folder of the Hunt mod before installing is Shells_SB.zon, because that has been alter by another mod.
Old 05-29-13, 02:25 AM   #27
Montekidlo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Now I get it. will do some testings to see if debris appears
Old 05-29-13, 05:26 AM   #28
Montekidlo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The Debris can still be seen after sinking HUNTS.

I noticed that Hunt III will fire last on enemy in the group of taskforce formed of: Tribal, Hunt I and Hunt II.

Does this mean Hunt III sensors are less sensitive then others ?

Or did this happened because I removed Shells_SB.zon from Library folder ?

Last edited by Montekidlo; 05-29-13 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-29-13, 05:31 AM   #29
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
@JapLance:
Turning the rangefinder/director away from the spray was common practice on the Hunts (just have a look at photographs). In turn, exposed aft guns were often turned forward in order to deflect the spray (see also Tribals and J to Z classes).
Thank you for the answer. It looks a bit odd to me, but it can be easily changed .
Old 05-29-13, 01:43 PM   #30
the_frog
Commander

Montekildo, you found an mistake:

The HuntIII is actually blind because it uses the "AII_Visual" instead of the "AI_Visual" sensor. AII_Visual is a sensor used by LSH5 and CCoM but does not exist elsewhere.

It's annoying, that mistake occurred already before ...

Here's the correct file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g5..._sensor_fix.7z

Just copy that file into the data/sea/NDD_HuntIII folder of the game.