SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-15-08, 10:03 AM   #1
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Default Index of Stickied topics + RA Mod Discussion here

DW MODS Sticky index - previously stickied topics here

MillSab Mod Discussion here

question : Replay format file

LWAMI 3.09 Feedback Thread

LWAMI Model Credits

All RA mod discussion in this thread here.

BETA version download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...db6fb9a8902bda

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 01-31-21 at 09:09 AM.
XabbaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-08, 07:54 PM   #2
CaptJodan
A-ganger

Downloads: 26

Really enjoying this mod, and am happy to see progress on the possibilities front for injecting some life back into this sim.

Haven't been able to find the more up-to-date RA with the Typhoon that people are talking about, only got Bill's most recent RA posting. I'm eagerly anticipating further releases.
CaptJodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-08, 09:10 PM   #3
MR. Wood
Planesman

Downloads: 170
Uploads: 5

The version your referring to is the beta version and they don't want to have a lot of people complaining about problems with it so there will only be a release of the good running setup not the beta's. Be patient and we'll have a good release, we have waited this long . They are still working on a few problems and bugs.
MR. Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 04:55 AM   #4
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@XabbaRus

Because this is the thread regarding RA Mod, it would be nice to offer a link in the first post so ppl who join can DL the mod right away if interested - like me

Would be a good idea to do the same with the Alfa Tau Mod thread.

Greetings!
Old 12-16-08, 05:02 AM   #5
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Wood
The version your referring to is the beta version and they don't want to have a lot of people complaining about problems with it so there will only be a release of the good running setup not the beta's. Be patient and we'll have a good release, we have waited this long . They are still working on a few problems and bugs.
I love RA. I guess then everyone must wait for the official release to be officially hosted. Be patient.

Or you could try asking around quite a number people already got their hands on the beta version.

The thing is now my firewall really hate DW my DW would hang if my firewall is up running. Putting DW as trusted application doesn't help either.
Man I'd love to play online with RA
Old 12-16-08, 08:58 AM   #6
BobbyZero
Mate

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout
The thing is now my firewall really hate DW my DW would hang if my firewall is up running. Putting DW as trusted application doesn't help either.
A bit OT, but which firewall do you use? Try disabling your regular firewall, and turning on Windows XP / Vista built-in firewall for the duration of DW online session, just designate DW.exe as an exception in a firewall's exceptions list. You will need Windows XP SP 2, SP 3, or Vista for Windows firewall.

Windows firewall is pretty basic, but it should be just fine for the online session duration, it won't filter any outgoing traffic, but it will filter incoming traffic.
BobbyZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-08, 08:38 AM   #7
:FI:Rabitski
Mate

Apart from waiting for the offical release of RA. Perhaps some one could post the correct prodcure for installing it? I'm not the best in this area, and perhaps I may have done something wrong with my one. Any help would be great.
:FI:Rabitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-08, 11:41 AM   #8
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

If you read the thread back in the DW forum I said I'd but a link in the first post if someone sent me the link.

No one has as yet.
Old 12-17-08, 09:19 PM   #9
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
If you read the thread back in the DW forum I said I'd but a link in the first post if someone sent me the link.

No one has as yet.
I will PM you a link to edit into your post by tomorrow night Xabba. It'll be a free mediafire account though, so I'm not sure how well it will hold up.

PD

Last edited by PeriscopeDepth; 12-17-08 at 09:19 PM.
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 01:10 AM   #10
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout
A bit OT, but which firewall do you use? Try disabling your regular firewall, and turning on Windows XP / Vista built-in firewall for the duration of DW online session, just designate DW.exe as an exception in a firewall's exceptions list. You will need Windows XP SP 2, SP 3, or Vista for Windows firewall.

Windows firewall is pretty basic, but it should be just fine for the online session duration, it won't filter any outgoing traffic, but it will filter incoming traffic.
Hmm will I be putting my PC at risk. I mean windows firewall is pretty basic imo. I'm using COMODO internet security package. really happy with it. Though it may cause me some nuisances like when installing or executing new application I would recommend it to anyone.

Plus sometimes I run snort IDS in the background too. Yea I'm neurotic...lol.

Edit: Yea I finally get DW working with my firewall up. A change of defense+ setting.
Thanks Bobby.

Last edited by Castout; 12-18-08 at 04:43 AM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 06:01 PM   #11
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6

Here the Beta files are. Xabba can update his first post when he sees this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...db6fb9a8902bda

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 07:16 AM   #12
Mate

Thanks guys for the link's. Now can you tell me the correct way to install them, I want to make sure I do it right the first time, do you install them using JSGME. Normally when given choices like this I normally do the wrong thing , so I'm going to hold off installing until I hear back. Again Thank you for the links, and taking the time to put up the thread.
Old 12-19-08, 09:15 AM   #13
BobbyZero
Mate

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by :FI:Rabitski
Thanks guys for the link's. Now can you tell me the correct way to install them, I want to make sure I do it right the first time, do you install them using JSGME. Normally when given choices like this I normally do the wrong thing , so I'm going to hold off installing until I hear back. Again Thank you for the links, and taking the time to put up the thread.
It is not intended for use with JSGME, though I guess there is a way to make it work...anyway, extract the zipped RA OPFOR files into your DW root folder, and you will see a README with instructions on how to install RA, it really is simple, just follow the instructions.
BobbyZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-08, 11:52 AM   #14
Mate

Think I got it up and running. Tigerfish still disappear after I fire them?, but that I can live with, fantastic Mod, well worth installing and if forced to chose between Alfa and RA, RA wins, much more depth and scope in designing missions, great models on new subs and ships
Old 12-19-08, 12:57 PM   #15
sardino
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

when there will be the definitive version of RA????
sardino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert